• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Not As Environmentally Friendly As Promised

So heat pumps just do the opposite of air conditioners by reversing the process, ie with air-con a liquid refrigerant is turned to hot gas and taken outside, then the gas turns back into a liquid and the room cools- and so on?
Yes basically.
I had second thoughts about that post afterwards, reading it back this morning I thought it was a bit rambling and tedious. Sorry about that. It was just some thoughts that I wanted to get down, not sure it was interesting enough for these forums though in retrospect!

My friend looked into it and she’d need two for her house.
I had a wealthy customer who had a heat pump installed in her 5 bedroomed house. A year later she had it removed and went back to a gas boiler as she reckoned the heat pump was useless and barely kept her house warm during cold weather.

I had a wealthy customer who had a heat pump installed in her 5 bedroomed house. A year later she had it removed and went back to a gas boiler as she reckoned the heat pump was useless and barely kept her house warm during cold weather.
I think her’s is a four bedroom.

I had second thoughts about that post afterwards, reading it back this morning I thought it was a bit rambling and tedious. Sorry about that. It was just some thoughts that I wanted to get down, not sure it was interesting enough for these forums though in retrospect!
Not all all Robin.

Knowing (or at least having a basic understanding) of how things work is something many of us enjoy.

You carry on young man.

Usually water as in radiators or underfloor but as the temp is lower they need to be bigger,
like all these ideas it's likely they will get better as they get perfected.

Thanks @Floyd, much appreciated.
A few months ago MrsF bought a de-humidifier and much to my initial misgiving, I now think it was a very good idea (especially for our damp, old house).

But, the first thing I had to do was look up how they work, to at least have a rough idea.

Trouble is, I forget most things in a few months and have to look them up again. And again...........

Yes basically.
It reads fine to me.

Yes basically.
No apology necessary, I found it interesting. If you want rambling and incoherent I've posted plenty.:)

We have seen electric cars going up in smoke. Now Kalmar, Sweden will have 56 methane gas-powered busses destroyed, as a few have also shown a tendency to be a bit explodey. The military has been given the job to destroy them, I bet that will be fun.

We have seen electric cars going up in smoke. Now Kalmar, Sweden will have 56 methane gas-powered busses destroyed, as a few have also shown a tendency to be a bit explodey. The military has been given the job to destroy them, I bet that will be fun.
Yeah!

Methane mutated mega moles massacre military

We went to Bluewater shopping centre yesterday. We were trying to go to a different area than one we usually go to. We took a wrong turning and found a car park that has been pretty much taken over by Tesla. I hope all of those cars are feeling ok. I personally would not like to park near them. I bet the floors above don’t know there’s a ton of electric cars below.

Back