• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Or Dimensional Slips

This has alleged time traveller video popped up on TikTok and may become a major story:

ALLEGED 'TIME TRAVELER' FL Man Sneaks Into ShedCOMES OUT WAY OLDER DAY LATER?!?​

7a0d83a84989401b96e4ee8a949a194c_md.jpg

https://www.tmz.com/2024/05/02/time-traveler-hides-shed-viral-video-tiktok/

Love these cases relating to buildings time-slipping.

The big question is does he still have the photos? Or did the camera jam or the photos vanish from the film/
Ah, see I missed that bit. Any idea whereabouts in the North East?
I doubt that he retained the photos but if I see him again I will ask. As mentioned he could not recall where the vicarage was but will try to get him to narrow it down. Could merely be a mistaken observation but clearly after 30 years the guy still thought it bizarre. It would have been fascinating if the camera had actually recorded a time slip event. Nowadays of course photos are time stamped and give the exact location of the photo.

I doubt that he retained the photos but if I see him again I will ask. As mentioned he could not recall where the vicarage was but will try to get him to narrow it down. Could merely be a mistaken observation but clearly after 30 years the guy still thought it bizarre. It would have been fascinating if the camera had actually recorded a time slip event. Nowadays of course photos are time stamped and give the exact location of the photo.
It does make you wonder if it’s always the people/person’s perception of their surroundings that change.

Thanks, with a clue like a river name or nearby town then I reckon it can be located. Not that would necessarily solve anything but I do enjoy exploring paranormal places on Google maps or in person if close enough and then there are the associated myths, legends and other paranormal events to research.

It does make you wonder if it’s always the people/person’s perception of their surroundings that change.
Seems to be the case as even if the leave Bold Street out of it (the problem child of time-slips), there have been others reported from locations such as central London whilst in heavy traffic and yet there has only been one witness account. However, I don't feel this is necessarily a 'win' for skeptics as these are just that - a 'slip' - as the event happens so fast that I doubt a passer-by would notice if the occupant of the car blinked out and back into reality (if that is indeed what happens).

Then we also have the debate as to whether some ghost sightings are actually time-slips and vice-versa. One of my favourites is from a book I no longer have and happened back in the 1970s (when else?). A couple who drive up onto an open field car park on the Isle of Wight and as they crested the hill they witnessed a Roman soldier encampment spread out before them that then vanished. So, the ghosts of Romans or a time-slip?

However, in the cas of the Vicarage we have a future time-slip in that he saw the the completed development. These are much rarer (or less noticeable?) although there is a great case is from @RuthRoperWylde (i think?) of a man in the mid-20th Century who saw what looked like a spaceman on a futuristic motorcycle pass him at a certain point on a road. He would later tell his son about the sighting. Fast forward perhaps four decades: the father has passed away and the son has become a motorcyclist, riding that road on his new motorbike and dressed in silver one-piece leathers with a full visor helmet. At that particular spot along the road he passes a man in mid-20th century clothing gawping at him...!

I don't feel there are meant to be easy answers. For decades we have wanted a clear photo of a UFO in the skies above Britain and when we get one (Calvine) the identity of the photographer cannot be established.

Last edited:
Seems to be the case as even if the leave Bold Street out of it (the problem child of time-slips), there have been others reported from locations such as central London whilst in heavy traffic and yet there has only been one witness account. However, I don't feel this is necessarily a 'win' for skeptics as these are just that - a 'slip' - as the event happens so fast that I doubt a passer-by would notice if the occupant of the car blinked out and back into reality (if that is indeed what happens).

Then we also have the debate as to whether some ghost sightings are actually time-slips and vice-versa. One of my favourites is from a book I no longer have and happened back in the 1970s (when else?). A couple who drive up onto an open field car park on the Isle of Wight and as they crested the hill they witnessed a Roman soldier encampment spread out before them that then vanished. So, the ghosts of Romans or a time-slip?

However, in the cas of the Vicarage we have a future time-slip in that he saw the the completed development. These are much rarer (or less noticeable?) although there is a great case is from @RuthRoperWylde (i think?) of a man in the mid-20th Century who saw what looked like a spaceman on a futurist motorcycle pass him at a certain point on a road. He would later tell his son about the sighting. Fast forward perhaps four decades: the father has passed away and the son has become a motorcyclist, riding that road on his new motorbike and dressed in silver one-piece leathers with a full visor helmet. At that particular spot along the road he passes a man in mid-20th century clothing gawping at him...!

I don't feel there are meant to be easy answers. For decades we have wanted a clear photo of a UFO in the skies above Britain and when we get one (Calvine) the identity of the photographer cannot be established.
There was also the well known story of the pilot who saw an airfield as it was to be in the future.

I often wonder if ghosts are seen with our eyes or mind. But maybe everything is perceived that way. Are ghosts/time slips different layers or frequencies maybe?

What we really need is a time slip experienced from both sides.

There was also the well known story of the pilot who saw an airfield as it was to be in the future.

I often wonder if ghosts are seen with our eyes or mind. But maybe everything is perceived that way. Are ghosts/time slips different layers or frequencies maybe?

What we really need is a time slip experienced from both sides.
When confronted with skeptics claiming "it's all in the mind" I tend to reply with the Harry Martindale York cellar Romans and the details he recalled that were not known about at that time (eg the existence, level and course of the Roman road, the round shields etc).

Just remembered the case on Uncanny where the witness came across the old man carrying the candle on the landing of her house and he reacted with fright upon seeing her, which sounds much more like a two-way time-slip than a ghost.

When confronted with skeptics claiming "it's all in the mind" I tend to reply with the Harry Martindale York cellar Romans and the details he recalled that were not known about at that time (eg the existence, level and course of the Roman road, the round shields etc).

Just remembered the case on Uncanny where the witness came across the old man carrying the candle on the landing of her house and he reacted with fright upon seeing her, which sounds much more like a two-way time-slip than a ghost.
Being in the mind doesn’t mean it’s imagined. The mind might be receiving something the eyes don’t.

I did like that one. I would be great to have an account from the man who saw her.

Things like this make me wonder whether the sighting is actually a 'projection' of the past, rather than an objectively 'real' thing that people are seeing, because in the Roman era the landscape would have been different - not hugely, but things like ground levels, water courses, tree positioning. must have varied quite a lot. So someone 'seeing' a wide open field with something unexpected upon it - were they overlaying the 'then' on the 'now', and what happened to (for example) the river that used to run there but has since been diverted, or the various copses of trees and their clearings that 'ought' to have been there...?

Things like this make me wonder whether the sighting is actually a 'projection' of the past, rather than an objectively 'real' thing that people are seeing, because in the Roman era the landscape would have been different - not hugely, but things like ground levels, water courses, tree positioning. must have varied quite a lot. So someone 'seeing' a wide open field with something unexpected upon it - were they overlaying the 'then' on the 'now', and what happened to (for example) the river that used to run there but has since been diverted, or the various copses of trees and their clearings that 'ought' to have been there...?
Absolutely. It is a great shame we don't have a more detailed account, although I have now remembered that one of the camp inhabitants turned and recoiled in horror upon seeing them and then the scene vanished (probably 30 years since i read the account but believe this is correct and perhaps why it has stuck in my mind).

It might have been this case:

"Read for the first time ever about phantom Roman soldiers at Brading and its Roman Villa and restless spirits at J Samuel White's old shipyards."

https://ghostisland.com/Shop#!/products/book-6

"After the excavations by Price and Price were finished people were still coming to view the villa remains and mosaics. It was decided in the early 1900s to construct a cover building over the villa to protect it from the elements and allow some of the artefacts to go on display. A concrete and corrugated iron structure was built and the museum was open during the warmer spring and summer months to visitors.

In the 1990s, the villa suffered a catastrophic flood after storm water running off the surrounding land submerged the mosaics in thick muddy water. The mosaics were saved and considerable conservation work took place but English Heritage (now Historic England) condemned the Edwardian building as unfit to protect the remains.

The Oglander Roman Trust was set up to raise funds to build the new cover building and in 2004 it was finally opened to the public and included new display areas, shop and cafe".

https://bradingromanvilla.org.uk/discover/#introducing-the-villa

One consistent feature of many Roman-era ghosts and/or time-slips is that that they are only visible above the knee which is suggestive of the ground level being lower back then. Perhaps the most famous case for this was the famous Harry Martindale case in the 1950s and so I suppose we have to be cautious about how this might have impacted the perception of later witnesses.

Last edited:

I just read an account in Paranormal Devon by Daniel Codd of someone who claimed to have seen a ghost of a Roman soldier (near Okehampton IIRC), before the location of a nearby Roman fort was known. The witness claimed that that the Roman soldier seemed to react with shock upon seeing her.

Last edited:
I just read an account in Paranormal Devon by Daniel Codd by someone who claimed to have seen a ghost of a Roman soldier (near Okehampton IIRC), before the location of a nearby Roman fort was known. The witness claimed that that the Roman soldier seemed to react with shock upon seeing her.
That is interesting, I may have confused the two cases as I'm sure I read that book. According to his Amazon book blurb it was indeed on the 'fringes of Okehampton":

Okehampton Roman Fort​

Claudian Auxiliary Fort (AD 43–54)

Roman fort of the 1st century AD at Okehampton on the north edge of Dartmoor, occupies the saddle of a spur between the river Okement and one of its tributaries, at 183m above sea level. First observed on aerial photographs in 1971 the Roman fort at Okehampton lies partially beneath the north-eastern suburbs of the modern town. The fort measures approximately 475 by 295 feet (145 x 90 m) between the ditches, which enclose an area of just under 3¼ acres (c.1.3 ha).

https://www.roman-britain.co.uk/places/okehampton/

There was someone on the time slip page on face book claimed to have had a time slip (and said he was an archaeologist) and saw a Roman and the surroundings and then allegedly found a coin he’d seen. I asked if he’d like to come here and tell his story or if I can tell it. But tumble weeds, make of that what you will.

Take where I live nowadays, it was situated right near the sea and on the edge of a lake, (it's a good walk from the sea now and the lake was drained in the 17th Century) the church has been there for 1000 years and the site was probably a pagan site before then, in fact the whole area would be unrecognizable (granted the center of the village has not changed that much) even going back 200 years, saying that many timeslips appear to go back say a 100 years or so or even less, I have always been of the opinion it's more of a dimension slip than time slip, but who knows

There were a couple like that.
The Victor Goddard one and another about an unnamed bomber pilot returning from a mission, who aborted his landing because he saw "fuzzy houses" where the airstrip should have been. The area was later redeveloped into a housing estate.
Both timeslips are on this thread somewhere.

Back