• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dream of darkness

G

GeorgeP

One Sunday afternoon I decided to take a nap.

The I dream I had was a weird one. I found myself in total pitch black darkness wondering WTFs going on. I could see my body which began to puzzle me as there was no light source here. I was also stood but couldn't feel any ground under my feet. This space or place was tremendously peaceful and seemed familiar to me. After some time I tried to call out but sound didnt seem to work here. Soon after trying I noticed a few specs of light and then I awoke back on the sofa.

Were you aware at all that you were dreaming, George? It sounds a bit like the beginning of a lucid dream.

Were you aware at all that you were dreaming, George? It sounds a bit like the beginning of a lucid dream.

Hi, yes I was aware of where I was.

Interesting, so lucid dreams start with darkness - never knew this. I once had a dream which ended with me closing my eyes - all went black for a few seconds before I woke up and came around.

Oh, when I awoke from the darkness dream it felt like I hadn't at all but I did feel refreshed.

Hi, yes I was aware of where I was.

Interesting, so lucid dreams start with darkness - never knew this. I once had a dream which ended with me closing my eyes - all went black for a few seconds before I woke up and came around.

Oh, when I awoke from the darkness dream it felt like I hadn't at all but I did feel refreshed.

I don't know if most lucid dreams begin in darkness, but mine do. If I see what looks like distant blinking lights in the darkness, I know I'm about to have a lucid dream or out of body experience. Generally I think lucidity can begin at any point in which a person realizes they're dreaming.

It sounds as if you were already lucid, though. Your refreshed feeling afterwards (without having been aware of sleeping) might indicate you were in a light to medium trance state rather than fully asleep.

I had a series of unpleasant lucid dreams last night, I woke up twice between 12am and 02:30am. I finally mananged to nod back off and I wasn't visually dreaming, but I heard a womans voice say ' pull the sheet over your face and stare death in the face' needless to say I shot up out of bed feeling quite disturbed. Had lot's of lucid dreams before, have woke up screaming about giant spiders and floating plasma balls..but never anything like this.

Ive had the odd dream that included large spiders. They always look hairy and seem to stand tall on their legs.

One afternoon whilst dozing with the radio playing in the background I saw a cheerful man appear in my dream who began singing the music playing on the radio. I too shot up soon after this.

My husband gets quite perturbed when I wake up screaming the house down (happens a few times a year).
My spiders are also of the big hairy variety! Usually climbing on the light fitting above the bed. I once heard someone quite clearly shout my name, woke up convinced there was someone in the house! That one was a male voice though.

I once saw a man walking along in the distance in one dream. He turned slightly and saw me but carried on walking. He then moved with such speed right up to me eyeballed me and made a strange noise...my heart was jumping out of my chest and there I was again sat upright on the bed.

My husband gets quite perturbed when I wake up screaming the house down (happens a few times a year).
My spiders are also of the big hairy variety! Usually climbing on the light fitting above the bed. I once heard someone quite clearly shout my name, woke up convinced there was someone in the house! That one was a male voice though.

Just out of interest: their hair is always various shades of brown and has the look of a dogs fur. They never attack or anything but act like they share my house with me - most weird.

Yes! Brown hair or somtimes black, straight, short and much like a terrier very corse. With the spider dreams I am allready sat up when I wake, and can never tell if I was awake or dreaming as they seem to fade away. My sister also suffers with lucid dreams, prehaps it's hereditary.

On another forum years back someone suggested that creatures/beings on the astral plane can attach to people, objects, houses etc and become visible in certain dream states.

Ive found that you can sometimes trigger such states by listening to binaurial beats.

Very possible, suppose in a dream state the brain operates on a number of different frequencies. Not that mine needs much help! I guess some are more tuned in than others

On one occasion I saw my grandmother come through, she looked younger and stood very close to with her head turned slightly to one side. She smiled and then was gone. This is one of the rare ones where I dont jump out of my skin.

Question: Do you ever get any buzzing/humming sounds in your ears?

Why not start a thread where you record your experiences? Thats a way to get it out of your system and I`ll support what ever you post. :)

I'll give that a bit of thought, I have many bizarre dreams it'd make intresting reading :) I can't really say about the buzzing as I have tinnitus so my head is buzxing all the time, although sometimes the frequency is slightly different

I'll give that a bit of thought, I have many bizarre dreams it'd make intresting reading :) I can't really say about the buzzing as I have tinnitus so my head is buzxing all the time, although sometimes the frequency is slightly different

Fair enough. I asked about the buzzing as Ive heard similar sounds when drifting into sleep and on some occasions when waking up.

Back