• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Bumble Bee worker cooked to death with tuna batch

I thought it would be an actual little bumble bee. I can't quite see what's funny about it.

Here's me thinking it should be in the strange death thread. I thought it was a nice find.

It can be a nice find and still not funny :)

I must admit the headline made me chuckle just because of the incongruous combination of bumble bees and tuna. Definitely one for the Strange Deaths thread, but you can't expect brand new forum members to know their way around the place straight away.

graylien said:
I must admit the headline made me chuckle just because of the incongruous combination of bumble bees and tuna.
Ah, but the apparent incongruity is entirely a function of where you buy your tinned tuna. (Or canned tuna, in Britenglspeak)

In North America, 'Bumble Bee' tinned fish is pretty much as eternally-unsurprising as John West canned fish is here in the UK.

greylien said:
Definitely one for the Strange Deaths thread, but you can't expect brand new forum members to know their way around the place straight away.
Perhaps.

And I've subjected @€ulen$piegel to an incisive-yet-subtle variation of the Turing Test. So we'll see if the response indicates AI, or just the flawed normal variety, with either Siri or the Magic Meatball having the casting vote in the event of a tie.

Back