• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Things That Are NOT UFOs

Daily Mail exposes invasion from the planet Lens Flare
Is it a little green man? Mysterious turquoise light shaped like a UFO appears in the sky over Holland
  • Nature blogger Harry Perton spotted the UFO while taking storm pictures
  • Images show a jellyfish-like object emitting an eerie flash of green light
  • Pictures have sparked speculation over what the object really could be
By Jennifer Newton for MailOnline
Published: 17:28, 1 June 2015 | Updated: 20:20, 1 June 2015
2.9kshares
View
comments

Mystery surrounds the appearance of a turquoise, light shaped UFO which appeared in the sky over Holland.
Nature blogger Harry Perton was taking pictures of the clouds when he was left stunned when he appeared to capture the UFO on camera.
He had been snapping pictures of a storm in Groningen, Holland to upload to his blog last week.
Scroll down for video
293ED4BF00000578-3106066-image-a-13_1433173500051.jpg

• SHARE PICTURE
Copy link to paste in your message
+2
Nature blogger Harry Perton snapped a picture of what appeared to be a UFO while taking pictures of clouds in the Netherlands
But when he checked his camera to review some of the pictures that he had taken, he spotted the the jellyfish-like UFO floating in the night sky emitting an eerie flash of green light.
Mr Perton said: 'I saw from my window hauntingly beautiful skies and I waited for the rain to subside before I went out.
RELATED ARTICLES
Share this article
'I was taking photos and suddenly something flashed. At first I thought it must have been my camera but the flash was not up and there was not a drop on my lens.
'I decided it must have been a strike of lightning - but back at home I saw something strange in one of the photos that I took - what looked like a UFO.'
293EE99A00000578-3106066-image-a-14_1433173514084.jpg

• SHARE PICTURE
Copy link to paste in your message
+2
When reviewing the snaps he took, Mr Perton spotted the the jellyfish-like UFO floating in the night sky emitting an eerie flash of green light
And since the image was posted online, it has sparked a flurry of online debate about what it could be.
But despite some speculating it could be an alien object, Mr Perton is certain there is a plausible explanation.
He added: 'Personally though I am not a UFO believer - I think it was probably something meteorological.
'Maybe a ray of the sun peeked through the storm cloud and created this effect.'
To see more pictures from his blog visit www.groninganus.wordpress.com.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3106066/Is-little-green-man-Mysterious-turquoise-light-shaped-like-UFO-appears-sky-Holland.html#ixzz3btRdNk5J
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ight-shaped-like-UFO-appears-sky-Holland.html

And here is the Mail lensflare - a beautiful example, but a flare just the same.

18lvpnf7cxktmjpg.jpg

Here's another lens flare, once again published by the Mail. This one is deliberately cropped to avoid showing the light source. That sounds deliberate to me.

I still prefer idea of space jellyfish to lens flare.... so much more intriguing

And here is the Mail lensflare - a beautiful example, but a flare just the same.

Sometimes I lose the will to live, this is the Express' take on the lens flare. I don't suppose it never occurred to them to ask any of their photographers for an opinion.
Could UFO sighting be sign Large Hadron Collider has created portal to other dimension?
COULD this image of a bizarre object snapped above the Netherlands be the first ever picture of a portal to another dimension?
By Jon Austin Jon Austin
PUBLISHED: 11:20, Fri, Jun 5, 2015 | UPDATED: 13:14, Fri, Jun 5, 2015

HARRYPERTON•TWITTER•GETTY
Harry Perton's image and the Large Hadron Collider
COULD this image of a bizarre object snapped above the Netherlands be the first ever picture of a portal to another dimension?
Dutch snapper Harry Perton was photographing stormy evening skies over Groningen in his homeland when there was a flash as he fired the shutter, that some believe could be a wormhole - similar to a black hole.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird...al-other-dimension-black-hole-worm-hole-atoms

Can we blame LHC for some other random things? FIFA crisis for a start....

Man Riding His Bike Saw A Strange Light Beam In The Sky. What He Caught On Camera? Made My Jaw Drop

I'm not sure about the significance of the bike riding in this story?!?!? But the video footage of a "dancing sundog" is quite impressive.

This guy was riding his bicycle along the road when all of a sudden a beam of light coming from the sky appeared.

And it was anything but normal. Freaked out, he stopped and began filming. As you can see, it definitely is bizarre and far from normal looking. This beam of light shoots out every now and then, dances around for a bit, then disappears before reappearing once again, doing the same dance before ducking under the clouds.

Bloody LHC!!! (shakes fist toward Switzerland!)

Interesting, but as so often the video is picked up by some website that nobody's heard of and batted around the internet a few times. There's no date, time or place given. With these details, a professional meteorologist could probably give some useful comment.

BBC Weather likes getting weather pics - details here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/about/15893725

This doesn't mention videos, but you could email them and ask about submitting videos.

21st of June...isn't it on that site? I read it on another....I'll see if I can find the link that has the date.

Here you go Ryn The footage on You Tube filmed and posted 12th on June in Indiana, U.S. Though that doesn't discount your comment about when exactly it was filmed which could've been earlier.

Here you go Ryn The footage on You Tube filmed and posted 12th on June in Indiana, U.S. Though that doesn't discount your comment about when exactly it was filmed which could've been earlier.
Thanks for that!

I've taken it upon myself to email the link to the Beeb - and we'll probably hear nothing more about it!

But if there is any feedback, I'll post it here.

That's the weirdest thing ever. It looks like the light beam was controlled by someone.

Reading poetry in the metro on my way to work - was pleasantly surprised by this W.G. Sebald poem.
From: Across the Land and the Water, selected poems 1964-2001

Unidentified Flying Objects

Late last night
I was standing in the garden
when a space ship
sparkling with lights
passed incredibly
slowly
over our roof

What can you do
but watch the ocean giant
pull away beyond the trees
and head for another galaxy

In sixty-nine
on Pwllheli beach
in Wales I saw a small
glimmering object
sink gently humming
in the air as it floated
down from the top
of a mountain that was printed
entirely in Japanese colors
finally vanishing
over the vast sea

What on earth it was
or what that ship was
yesterday in the sky
I cannot imagine
perhaps it was the soul
of the Welsh prince
slain by his brother
by the lake of Idwal
over which no bird
has flown since

The movement of that light looks 'electrical'.
Could be highly charged ionised particles floating around on top of a cloud.

This follows on from Ellen MacArthur's triumphal return to Falmouth after breaking the single-handed round the world sailing record in 2005:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I loaded my digital pics into the computer for editing - imagine my surprise when one seemed to have captured a UFO! :shock:

It was a pic of a plane towing a Welcome banner, and it also included a press helicopter - and in addition, a blueish, spherical blob.... :shock:

I had not noticed anything when I took the pic (as you don't) :shock:

... but I guess the real explanation is that it was one of the Maritime Museum balloons that were being handed out to children in Events Square... :(

http://forum.forteantimes.com/index.php?threads/go-ellen-go.19776/page-8#post-497916

This was only a few months after I bought my first digital camera, so this is quite an early not-a-UFO for me!

Ellen and B&Q returns to Falmouth...
IMG_0332.jpg

Here's the helicopter...
IMG_0324.jpg

..and the UFO!
IMG_0324b.jpg

Clearly, the ability to put an image on a computer screen where it can be manipulated and examined has led to many anomalies being called UFOs. Something this small on a colour print would probably not be noticed at all. It might be spotted on a projected colour slide, but without an internet would you even bother mentioning it?

Clearly, the ability to put an image on a computer screen where it can be manipulated and examined has led to many anomalies being called UFOs. Something this small on a colour print would probably not be noticed at all. It might be spotted on a projected colour slide, but without an internet would you even bother mentioning it?
You really need to circle it, perhaps with an arrow or two pointing at it, and set it to spooky music and apply some contrasting image filters. :cool:

You really need to circle it, perhaps with an arrow or two pointing at it, and set it to spooky music and apply some contrasting image filters. :cool:
Which is what fuckwit posters would do!

I won't bother posting the video, as it's dull as dishwater, but a while back I was in Whitby, and quite late in the day, but before dusk, I stood on the cliff top where the statue of Captain Cook is and did a sweep of the skyline with the little cam I usually have on my helmet.

When I uploaded the footage, I was quite surprised to see a bright speck in the sky. Figured out more or less straight away from the elevation and direction that it was Venus (ha!), the only odd bit being that I didn't remember seeing it when I filmed.

I won't bother posting the video, as it's dull as dishwater, but a while back I was in Whitby, and quite late in the day, but before dusk, I stood on the cliff top where the statue of Captain Cook is and did a sweep of the skyline with the little cam I usually have on my helmet.

When I uploaded the footage, I was quite surprised to see a bright speck in the sky. Figured out more or less straight away from the elevation and direction that it was Venus (ha!), the only odd bit being that I didn't remember seeing it when I filmed.
Did you check if Venus actually was visible that day? Something like http://www.heavens-above.com/
will give you what's in the sky, past, present, or future, for any location.
If you can't be doing with all that hassle, post the date and time here (or just the date), and I'll tell you. (My data would strictly refer to Falmouth, but for anything further away than the Moon, that's good enough!)

It would have been April 25th this year, I tried the link but tbh don't really understand how to interpret the result.

I think I did check after I saw the vid and Venus was visible at a similar elevation from where I live.

It would have been April 25th this year, I tried the link but tbh don't really understand how to interpret the result.
Yes, Venus would have been high in the western sky after sunset, until it set around midnight.

(Jupiter and Venus are currently low in the west after sunset. Two UFOs for the price of one!)

Seen that before, somewhere else on the FTMB. Most impressive.

Back