• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Splinter is a horror film definitely worth going out of you way to watch .. the story and acting are excellent as are the unique FX ... it's one of those films that enjoys turning your expectations upside down. It's been widely lauded as The Evil Dead meets The Thing and I'd agree that that's not hyperbole .. the first film comparison because it's a load of people trapped and under siege (except in Splinter the characters are realistic), the second film comparison because the make-up work is also inspired. You can find the full movie on Youtube but will have to pay to watch it ..

Last edited:
The next Paranormal Activity, out Halloween, is reportedly the final chapter (yep, we've heard that one before)

Tusk, gee, you'd never guess this was based on a podcast riff... OK, you would, it's included at the end. Helluva talky, but once you know it's a spoof of Human Centipede it's more understandable, except they do it so straightforwardly they might as well have been serious. Watch out for a very famous guest star in "disguise". Not as good as Red State, but for a Kevin Smith horror movie it's... a Kevin Smith horror movie.

Wyrmwood, Aussie zombie nonsense but done with a lot of verve on a tiny budget, Mad Max stunts and all. Has a car that runs on zombie blood, to give you some idea of the sense of humour (which isn't consistent by any means). A slight cut above the usual flood of zombie movies you get these days, definitely worth a look for the dedicated fan (dead-icated?).

Wyrmwood, Aussie zombie nonsense but done with a lot of verve on a tiny budget, Mad Max stunts and all. Has a car that runs on zombie blood, to give you some idea of the sense of humour (which isn't consistent by any means). A slight cut above the usual flood of zombie movies you get these days, definitely worth a look for the dedicated fan (dead-icated?).

I agree, does a lot with a tiny budget. Might have been better if they left out the supernatural elements.

I quite liked the psychic zombie lady at the end, though she should have been introduced far earlier (not chained up for most of the running time).

Tusk, gee, you'd never guess this was based on a podcast riff... OK, you would, it's included at the end. Helluva talky, but once you know it's a spoof of Human Centipede it's more understandable, except they do it so straightforwardly they might as well have been serious. Watch out for a very famous guest star in "disguise". Not as good as Red State, but for a Kevin Smith horror movie it's... a Kevin Smith horror movie.
And I've just popped up to my as of today old work place to retrieve my Kevin Smith Silent Bob mascot figure ... it's a sign ..

Rare Exports ...

What if Santa was not only real but the locals have been supressing that information because he's become twisted and evil in old age ? .. not a bad film and not a great one although I enjoyed the premise ..

Last edited:
And I've just popped up to my as of today old work place to retrieve my Kevin Smith Silent Bob mascot figure ... it's a sign ..

I hope you bid them a fond snootchie bootchies as you strolled out the door. Sadly there's none of that in Tusk.

I found Troll Hunter a very enjoyable movie. A Blair Witch style camera set-up that tells a very interesting tale. Those noises in that dark wood were very chilling but the first troll you see isnt very convincing. After this though the sightings get better and your soon eager to learn more about the hunter.

troll-hunter-us-photo-5240212bd8815.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Knock Knock: Two truly crazy girls make life Hell for Keanu Reeves who is home alone when they turn up at his door in the rain, apparently lost. He invites them in but soon loses control of the situation and gets involved in a threesome. Then things get interesting as the girls psychotic sides become clear. Brings Funny Games to mind. Recommended, 8/10.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3605418/

Knock Knock: Two truly crazy girls make life Hell for Keanu Reeves who is home alone when they turn up at his door in the rain, apparently lost. He invites them in but soon loses control of the situation and gets involved in a threesome. Then things get interesting as the girls psychotic sides become clear. Brings Funny Games to mind. Recommended, 8/10.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3605418/

Every mans fantasy :D

What having a threesome with Canoe Reeves?

Not something that's ever occurred to me to be honest.
If George was also there, that would technically become a foursome .. unless he was just watching ..

Knock Knock: Two truly crazy girls make life Hell for Keanu Reeves who is home alone when they turn up at his door in the rain, apparently lost. He invites them in but soon loses control of the situation and gets involved in a threesome.

Every mans fantasy :D

True! I long to only have to cope with two crazy females making my life hell.

If George was also there, that would technically become a foursome .. unless he was just watching ..

Well Im pretty sure there are websites out there that demonstrate this. But what with being a god fearing person and all that rubbish I wont post images or links. :)

Necking with seamen?

Well, I usually remember to spit, but, you know, in the heat of passion and everything...

Are you saying I shouldn't avoid this movie for the reason I avoid other movies featuring Keanu Reeves? You know, because they feature Keanu Reeves.

Dark Night of the Scarecrow ..

This is an '81 horror, I've been pimping it to people ever since it came free to watch on youtube, I first saw it as a kid and it scared the crap out of me. It's one of those films that holds back on any gore (or very little), the fear in this film comes from the music and the disturbing premise story is the star.

Bubba is a mentally disadvantaged adult man who's best friend is a little girl ... Bubba's a gentle soul, mentally the same age as her ... the little girl has an accident and the town folk, already not happy with their friendship hunt Bubba down and ...... you'll have to watch the film. It's also one of the oldest VHS tapes I own .. lots of stars to spot.

Give the first ten minutes a go and you'll probably be hooked.

Knock Knock: Two truly crazy girls make life Hell for Keanu Reeves who is home alone when they turn up at his door in the rain, apparently lost. He invites them in but soon loses control of the situation and gets involved in a threesome. Then things get interesting as the girls psychotic sides become clear. Brings Funny Games to mind. Recommended

It also brings the 70s grindhouse movie Death Game to mind. In a way that the plots are exactly the same. I know Eli Roth wears his influences on his sleeve, but this is a bit much. Apparently Colleen Camp is in both, so that's er, OK?

Dark Night of the Scarecrow ..

This is an '81 horror, I've been pimping it to people ever since it came free to watch on youtube, I first saw it as a kid and it scared the crap out of me. It's one of those films that holds back on any gore (or very little), the fear in this film comes from the music and the disturbing premise story is the star.

I saw that as a kid too, and it really impressed me, never forgot the spooky ending. A stern warning about jumping to conclusions. I think it was on Channel 4 one night.

Well, I usually remember to spit, but, you know, in the heat of passion and everything...

Are you saying I shouldn't avoid this movie for the reason I avoid other movies featuring Keanu Reeves? You know, because they feature Keanu Reeves.

hes good in this

The Haunting (1963) ..

My Dad used to tell me about this film just to scare me and after seeing it as a young adult, it was scary! .. I'd place this in my top 3 classics ..

If, like me, you were wondering how come actress Colleen Camp was producing Knock Knock (she also cameos) and Sandra Locke was "executive producing" (despite being out the business since 2000) - turns out Knock Knock is a REMAKE of 1977's Death Game, where the two terrorizing girls are played by... Colleen Camp and Sandra Locke!

It also brings the 70s grindhouse movie Death Game to mind. In a way that the plots are exactly the same. I know Eli Roth wears his influences on his sleeve, but this is a bit much. Apparently Colleen Camp is in both, so that's er, OK?
Ha - I didn't notice this :)

Yeah, from the trailer it's definitely a remake... Yet despite having Colleen Camp on board, Knock Knock makes no mention of this... seemingly passing itself off as an Eli Roth original.

Back