• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
i will ask them, but i had so many questions to ask..well three or four

i asked spooky london on facebook and they said the ghost club have no plans to record the talk. :(

That is a bugger mate. Hopefully though thee'll be other appearances by GLP.

i asked spooky london on facebook and they said the ghost club have no plans to record the talk. :(

Dont that have a live online chat window set up so listeners cant discuss and post questions?

Heres a radio/chat/discussion site where you can post (in block capitals) questions for the guest to answer - usually on a Sunday. Im only showing this example cos they often discuss many topics associated with the unexplained and perhaps, you might find it interesting.

http://www.wolfspiritradio.com/listen/

Just been listening to the link above, Greys, Nazis, Dulce, Andromeda but no ghost related stuff today. :)

Can someone tell me which issue of Fortrean Times had a fairly comprehensive article on the Enfield case, please? I scanned the hundreds of copies I have, but the topics on the spines all become a blur after a few issues.
I seem to recall the general tone of the article was that fakery was afoot.

Can someone tell me which issue of Fortrean Times had a fairly comprehensive article on the Enfield case, please? I scanned the hundreds of copies I have, but the topics on the spines all become a blur after a few issues.
I seem to recall the general tone of the article was that fakery was afoot.
I have the same problem. I recall an article probably within the last 4 years if that helps?

Could you be thinking of the chapter in the Will Storr book, where he tries to track down the critical paper written about the case?

It's a fascinating case.

Clearly though, and nonetheless interesting because of, Janet managed to create such an incredible and overwhelming deceit. Many involved have been very willing to admit that Janet was the direct source of much of the activity but still claim there were things she wasn't involved in. Her ability to deceive really is quite incredible. In regards the voice- obviously, people knew it was her creating and producing the voice yet still claimed something paranormal was occurring!

It's a fascinating case indeed. Clearly Janet was a very disturbed young lady but her talent for effective deception was unsurpassed. I just hope she's well now.

I have removed every post since January 26th to a place of safety. So, if you were eagerly expecting the next episode of the tedious, round-the-houses-but-getting-nowhere saga of attention seeking and bickering, then I'm afraid you're out of luck. I've weighed up the pros and cons and whatabouts and so on, and this is, as far as I'm concerned, the best solution all round.

Now, back to where we were before the sideshow.
Local film-fan checks out the real location.

I agree it's not ideal. The material's not deleted, just out of view: if anyone really wanted to see it I could make it available. The main reason for its excision us that the whole 15 pages added nothing to the discussion. A possible compromise : I bring it back into public view as a separate, locked thread. Whatever happens, it's not being reunited with this one.

I have removed every post since January 26th to a place of safety. So, if you were eagerly expecting the next episode of the tedious, round-the-houses-but-getting-nowhere saga of attention seeking and bickering, then I'm afraid you're out of luck. I've weighed up the pros and cons and whatabouts and so on, and this is, as far as I'm concerned, the best solution all round.

Now, back to where we were before the sideshow.

I was thinking of taking a 'leaf from the book' of 'musichunch,' and attempt to contact Stuart Certain directly.
Maybe, he would tell me more?
Problem is; where to post?

You could try contacting musichunch via pm and asking them how they did it. That way it need involve no-one else at all. It's not as if musichunch is banned or anything, and in fact was online this morning.

You could try contacting musichunch via pm and asking them how they did it. That way it need involve no-one else at all. It's not as if musichunch is banned or anything, and in fact was online this morning.

Sorry, what I meant was; If I were to prove successful, on what post should I show the results?
Am I being dumb?

Last edited:
That would depend entirely upon whether you would actually share any info, or just come back with "I believe him but can't tell you", in which case don't bother.

Stuart Certain still owes me £5 ... or it might be the other way round.

Stuart Certain still owes me £5 ... or it might be the other way round.

Typical! He bet me a fiver I couldn't hit that photographer with a bit of lego from across the room. It was a lot of money in them days.

But to be serious and return to the point of this thread, I suppose everything that can be said about the case has been said - and every speculation speculated upon. Nevertheless, what I find remarkable about Janet's 'voices' is the things they said. I can see how she could maintain the guttural timbre whilst managing not to betray the concentration required in her face...what's impressive is that there genuinely seemed to be an adult mind at work, albeit a puerile, nasty and deceitful one.

Typical! He bet me a fiver I couldn't hit that photographer with a bit of lego from across the room. It was a lot of money in them days.

But to be serious and return to the point of this thread, I suppose everything that can be said about the case has been said - and every speculation speculated upon. Nevertheless, what I find remarkable about Janet's 'voices' is the things they said. I can see how she could maintain the guttural timbre whilst managing not to betray the concentration required in her face...what's impressive is that there genuinely seemed to be an adult mind at work, albeit a puerile, nasty and deceitful one.

"I can see how she could maintain the guttural timbre whilst managing not to betray the concentration required in her face...what's impressive is that there genuinely seemed to be an adult mind at work, albeit a puerile, nasty and deceitful one."

Hold on a minute. That's pretty low. She was a CHILD,-- for Christs Sake!
Unless your leaving room, for the possibility of the Voices to be genuine. Are you?

Nothing low about it whatsoever. I'm open to the possibility that she was influenced by something beyond a child's imagination, mischievousness and/or attention-seeking. Like anyone interested in the case I'm unqualified to hypothesise beyond gut feelings based on my experience of human behaviour and my own imagination. Though it would be prudent not to let imagination lead the way.

Last edited:
Nothing low about it whatsoever. I'm open to the possibility that she was influenced by something beyond a child's imagination, mischievousness and/or attention-seeking. Like anyone interested in the case I'm unqualified to hypothesise beyond gut feelings based on my experience of human behavour and my own imagination. Though it would be prudent not to let imagination lead the way.

Thanks for clearing that up. For a moment there, I thought you were jumping on the band-wagon, like so many others have done (though not necessary on this forum.) Have you seen some of the comments about her..especially on You-Tube? I'm pleased to see that your not like that! Thanks, Andy.

I'm sure unpleasant things have been said about Janet and maybe the rest of her family. An unfortunate side effect of the internet age is that unpleasant things have been said about almost every human being alive, and about many not so alive. Do you have an opinion regarding the genesis of the voices?

Last edited:
I'm sure unpleasant things have been said about Janet and maybe the rest of her family. An unfortunate side effect of the internet age is that upleasant things have been said about almost every human being alive, and about many not so alive. Do you have an opinion regarding the genesis of the voices?

Yes I do. I am in the process of contacting Mr Certain and will relate all at a later date.

Back