• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Blade Runner & Blade Runner 2049

You are Roy Batty and I claim my £5.

Well I'm not even your basic pleasure model not with mY gut unless you have some strange tastes. Kick Murder Squad? What with my knees?

Unfortunately, I can't take the quiz - computer is too outdated, probably, or the browser is. Doesn't matter though. I've often been suspected of being part replicant anyway. No point in denying it. :p

Oh! Well, in that case, I'm your replicant. I look good in a leotard, too.

Me too. We ought to team up - if not for the rights of artificial life forms, at least for the right to look futuristically awesome. :D

Last edited:
You probably only need to update the Java plug-in.

Blade Runner is set 4 years from now in 2019. This picture is Beijing, today

kDTbkhS.jpg

http://imgur.com/kDTbkhS

Change the visual setting and soundscape and you don't have a Blade Runner film, you have another disappointing cash-in.

Change the visual setting and soundscape and you don't have a Blade Runner film, you have another disappointing cash-in.
Yep.
Even just producing a sequel is a crime. Not doing it properly is an even bigger crime.

I have to admit I preferred the original version with the voice-over.

There would have to be a good reason for changing the visuals.

Is it true that the final act will feature a giant mechanical spider?

Doesn't the fact that Harrison Ford is in it blow the whole 'is he or isn't he' of the original movie?

I always thought he was but the ending of the original version suggested he would live longer than the average replicant.

No matter what Sir Ridley says, making Deckard a replicant goes against the theme of waking up to the validity of the other race's right to life if he was one anyway. It's like if in 70s sitcom Love Thy Neighbour, Jack Smethurst turned out to be black all along, to use a tortured analogy.

Back