• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
So where are the New York and London clubhouses? Where is the library stocked with dusty old tomes of occult lore? Where is the drawing room with its high backed leather seats and cigar lounge where one can discuss the arcane and pass the port? Where can one get a CFI tie, pocket watch and a central meeting place for all eminent Forteans on both sides of the pond?

What's wrong with a pub back room, a few pints of bitter, a plate of pickled eggs and the latest FT?

I'm a poor student!

Ian

Doctor Gateau said:
So where are the New York and London clubhouses? Where is the library stocked with dusty old tomes of occult lore? Where is the drawing room with its high backed leather seats and cigar lounge where one can discuss the arcane and pass the port? Where can one get a CFI tie, pocket watch and a central meeting place for all eminent Forteans on both sides of the pond?
Let's get this done, people. Anyone know an eccentric billionaire?

Wow, just the description of that conjures up brilliant images. Right, someone either has to seduce, con, become or befriend an insanely rich person, then we can all lounge around in dark red smoking jackets with cigars and decide to go on an expedition at the drop of a hat.

There must be a celebrity or business mogul with an interest in the arcane. Maybe more than one. Has anyone asked??
Eventually a Collection of the Curious may materialise, featuring many curiosities from around the world open to the paying public on certain days becoming a London and New York tourist attraction in its own right, with its own secret collection in the basement for the initiates, the Forteans who have access thanks to their annual subscription. Clever use of budgeting can bankroll Yeti-hunting expeditions ready to fill the empty glass case in the hall.

Come on, for the sake of a letter to Jeremy Beadle it's worth it! If Randi can raise a million and GW Bush can raise $200m for putting a cretin back in the White House we can really bust some heads! In a spiritual sense, of course ;)

Doctor Gateau said:
There must be a celebrity or business mogul with an interest in the arcane. Maybe more than one. Has anyone asked??
Is Julian Cope very rich?

I think you might be onto something there Doc. There's a fair deal of rich eccentrics around, there must be some with at least a passing interest in the occult, I'm sure that if one of us would be able to persuade someone, if that is we could find someone to persuade. Any ideas on where or how to look?

Re: Fort's Notes

Resologist said:
Fort's arrangement of his notes may have worked well for him, (cheap, easy to maintain and enlarge, and an easy way to find references for a chapter that he was writing). I'd prefer to expand upon the system developed by William Corliss for his Sourcebook series.

Mr X: OK cool - the categorisation/indexing area certainly needs addressing.

[edit: Some kind of two tier one would be handy e.g.:

Cryptozoology:
.....Big foot
.....Lake Monsters

etc.

and then you could add a third teir depending on how fine grained you wanted to take things:

Cryptozoology:
.....Big foot
...........Saquatch
...........Yeti
.....Lake Monsters
...........Nessie

I've been making some notes, based on JerryB's outline, as I've been sorting things out here so I'll have a look at them and throw some more examples in.]

I bet Fort would have loved this:

Centuries of newspaper cuttings to go online
By Lucinda Cameron
Wednesday, 19 May 2010

Millions of newspaper pages will be digitised and made available online for the first time, it was announced today.

Online publisher Brightsolid will digitise 40 million pages of the British Library's newspaper archive, which spans 300 years. The 10-year project will save researchers from travelling to the newspaper library in Colindale, north London, to look at hard copies and microfilm, and will reduce wear and tear on the more fragile items.

The British Library's chief executive Lynne Brindley said: "By making these pages fully searchable we will transform a research process which previously relied on scrolling through page after page of microfilm or print. It will help the newspaper collection to remain relevant for a new generation of researchers, more used to accessing research information via their laptop than travelling to a physical location."

The British Library has around 750 million newspaper pages, including 52,000 local, regional, national and international titles. During the first two years of the project, Brightsolid said a minimum of four million pages will be digitised. They aim to convert 40 million pages as the digitisation process becomes more efficient and as post-1900 content is scanned after negotiations with rights holders.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media ... 76434.html

It's the end of shoeboxes as Fort knew them! :D

There is a blogsite attached to the main CFI site, which is still intermittently active.

http://blogs.forteana.org/

Other than that, I haven't seen sign of any activity for years,

Topruno said:
There is a blogsite attached to the main CFI site, which is still intermittently active.

http://blogs.forteana.org/

Other than that, I haven't seen sign of any activity for years,

hmm - intermittently active - that's actually one blog per week. The last big project we had was the seven Fortean Wonders of the World but we are beavering away in the background and things are happening - some of which have been alluded to on this very message board - but we have a policy of (in general) not telling people about things until they are ready - so keep watching the space and things will appear and things will be announced.

Gordon

Apologies Sir. :)
How can such an institute exist when organizations like that Smithsonian Institute spend vast amounts of money covering up anomalies. Fort was right, we are owned by someone or something that seeks to keep us naked, ignorant and obedient. Sound like Eden.

How can such an institute exist when organizations like that Smithsonian Institute spend vast amounts of money covering up anomalies. Fort was right, we are owned by someone or something that seeks to keep us naked, ignorant and obedient. Sound like Eden.

I have read some stuff about the Smithsonian covering up "damned evidence".

Have you any particular articles, links? If So, why not start a thread about it?

It's all over YouTube. Google Smithsonian cover-up.

They certainly don't want us to know that there was a race of red headed giants that were mound builders. They've found their skeletons. Somehow, after the Smithsonian arrived and took possession of the bones, they disappeared. Some of these finds were mentioned in various 19th century newspapers.

They certainly don't want us to know that there was a race of red headed giants that were mound builders. They've found their skeletons. Somehow, after the Smithsonian arrived and took possession of the bones, they disappeared. Some of these finds were mentioned in various 19th century newspapers.
Not only that, it correspond with native American legends of fighting such individuals. It also makes the Norse legends make more sense, if they were based on real giants, and not just made up.

Not only that, it correspond with native American legends of fighting such individuals. It also makes the Norse legends make more sense, if they were based on real giants, and not just made up.
So, that being the case, what motive could they possibly have?

So, that being the case, what motive could they possibly have?
Well, it goes to them creating a historical narrative that they like, one that has us going from hunter gatherers, to where we are today. Any hint of things not being the case - and it isn't - threatens all of that. Not fully sure why, but I suspect it is to do with suppression of knowledge, to better their own position.

Sorry for sounding like a paranoid old tin-hat, but I've taken care to look into this, and things do get suppressed, like the Seven Pagodas, and the pyramids around the world. (like the Bosnian one.) However, some artefacts don't get suppressed and destroyed or hidden, and that is when things get curious. If you want to know more on that, look into Klaus Dona, he has done a lot of testing of Out Of Place Artefacts.

Hope this helps.

Well, it goes to them creating a historical narrative that they like, one that has us going from hunter gatherers, to where we are today. Any hint of things not being the case - and it isn't - threatens all of that. Not fully sure why, but I suspect it is to do with suppression of knowledge, to better their own position.

Sorry for sounding like a paranoid old tin-hat, but I've taken care to look into this, and things do get suppressed, like the Seven Pagodas, and the pyramids around the world. (like the Bosnian one.) However, some artefacts don't get suppressed and destroyed or hidden, and that is when things get curious. If you want to know more on that, look into Klaus Dona, he has done a lot of testing of Out Of Place Artefacts.

Hope this helps.
Thank you, that helps a lot. Didn't know about the Bosnian one. I think they are hiding genealogy. Their identity is what they are hiding. That means they are our rulers and the key to their identity is in the relics and artifacts. What is it about them that we aren't supposed to know? Sounds frightening and oddly exciting. Maybe they are still Giants.

Thank you, that helps a lot. Didn't know about the Bosnian one. I think they are hiding genealogy. Their identity is what they are hiding. That means they are our rulers and the key to their identity is in the relics and artifacts. What is it about them that we aren't supposed to know? Sounds frightening and oddly exciting. Maybe they are still Giants.
There are pyramids all over the world.

As for identity... that is a complicated issue, one I don't have all the answers to. What I do know is that the Freemasons appear to have been originally a secret society of people, continuing a mission from the founders of the group. That is, the survivors of the destroyed previous high civilisation trying to get us back on track. In the Middle Ages, they were eager to turn the newly discovered North America into the New Atlantis.

The thing is that the Bravarian Illuminati deliberately infiltrated the order, then corrupted it. George Washington - a master Mason - investigated rumours, and found the evidence so compelling, he wrote warning letters about it.

When you look at things like the one eye, and the pyramid on the dollar bill... there are artefacts that it corresponds to. Also, the Phoenix symbolism they like to use has ancient roots too.

Please note I don't claim to have all of the answers - just a pile of information, a number of questions, and a few possible answers.

As for giants... I would be far from surprised. It is a big world, and satellites cannot see everything all the time...

That means they are our rulers and the key to their identity is in the relics and artifacts. What is it about them that we aren't supposed to know?
Aliens?
It's always that.

They are obviously hiding something. Interdimensional beings ,such as the Djinn ,are my number one suspects.
Well, there is clear evidence they worship Lucifer. And it is ingrained deeply. Look, for example, at the chapel in the UN building... it has a curious design. One for a particular type of worship.

Well, there is clear evidence they worship Lucifer. And it is ingrained deeply. Look, for example, at the chapel in the UN building... it has a curious design. One for a particular type of worship.
"The Brotherhood of the Serpent" versus" The Goddess" is one of my favorite themes. The dualism of life is always in play. I am a Goddess worshiper, but lately she's becoming too friendly with the snakes. Great time to be alive. They communicate with each other right in front of us with codes. Symbols and coded language are used. It amuses them to see the puzzled looks on our face when we recognize subconsciously that something is happening but we just cannot put our collective finger on it. They have great fun mocking us with things like "Hollywood", where they depict us as zombies who they have created with the education system. You then seek fake Smithsonian/NASA higher education at Zombie University so you can get a good paying zombie job. You then go to McDonald's for a quick fix of processed human flesh burgers.

Last edited:
Back