• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What's The Most Outrageous Conspiracy Theory You Have Heard?

Are The Fugees terrorist sympathisers?. "Ready or not, here I come, you can't hide .. I'm going to find you, and take things slowly" ...

Except that lyric also appeared in the original version of Ready Or Not, recorded by The Delfonics in 1967 ;) (which incidentally has one of the best string intros of any song, ever)

Bearing in mind that the Fugees' two biggest hits were verbatim repetitions (lyrics and tunes) of existing songs - in fact they didn't even bother playing any backing on Ready Or Not, instead "singing" over an Enya track - the real conspiracy theory should be that they had any collective talent whatsoever.

Except that lyric also appeared in the original version of Ready Or Not, recorded by The Delfonics in 1967 ;) (which incidentally has one of the best string intros of any song, ever)

Bearing in mind that the Fugees' two biggest hits were verbatim repetitions (lyrics and tunes) of existing songs - in fact they didn't even bother playing any backing on Ready Or Not, instead "singing" over an Enya track - the real conspiracy theory should be that they had any collective talent whatsoever.
Fair enough .. but did the original version also mention a refugee dancing across a border from Guatanamo Bay ?..

Jesus (his birthday's coming up in case anyone's forgotten) was an interplantery being sent here to help us .. obviously . I'm impressed that everyone's able to keep a straight face :)

My son just came up with a corker, while we were discussing the moon landings...

I said, one of the reasons the moon landings weren't faked is that the Soviets were monitoring the transmissions and would love to have exposed a US hoax.

He said, ah, but what if the whole Cold War was a hoax, to keep the US on a wartime economy (as was thought desirable by some economists at the time, I believe) and the U.S.S.R went along with it, in return for some secret back hand deals to compensate them for allowing the US to 'take the lead', as it were.

It's okay, we don't believe it, but I must admit it does have a certain plausibility to it!

My son just came up with a corker, while we were discussing the moon landings...

I said, one of the reasons the moon landings weren't faked is that the Soviets were monitoring the transmissions and would love to have exposed a US hoax.

He said, ah, but what if the whole Cold War was a hoax, to keep the US on a wartime economy...
Your son will either become a best-selling fantasy author, or he'll end up in jail as a con man! :twisted:

He said, ah, but what if the whole Cold War was a hoax, to keep the US on a wartime economy (as was thought desirable by some economists at the time, I believe) and the U.S.S.R went along with it, in return for some secret back hand deals to compensate them for allowing the US to 'take the lead', as it were.
I suggested just that a long time ago and was laughed at.
I admit, it does stretch the imagination, but...guess what? The countries of the former Soviet Union generally now have more freedom than we do, and here in the west, our freedoms are quickly being eroded.
Perhaps we will become the Soviet EU and Soviet America, and the rest of the world will become 'the free world'?

In Australian politics, that the adults are now in charge - the most outrageous conspiracy theory ever!

David Bowie and Alan Rickman died? .. nope .. it's all a freemason conspiracy theory! :rolleyes: .... with added Crowley if you can get to the end.

Last edited:
I saw that the other day.
Yeah, they've all gone to stay with Elvis in a retirement home for rich illuminati. Of course.

Well I'm convinced.

Seriously, it's hard to deny that you see a lot of those 'Illuminati'/'Satanic' hand gestures from pop stars and Hollywood royalty. I've been working on the assumption that many people are aware of the conspiracy theories and are...just doing it for a laugh to see if someone will make a YouTube video about them being MKUltra mind-control subjects.

The hand gesture thing is just a trend that many vacuous pop stars are following, because when they pose for a photo they don't know what to do with their hands. The photographer may even say 'do that peace gesture thing' or 'do the horns, man - yeah'.
If those gestures ever meant anything in the beginning, now they mean nothing. Dilution by overuse.

I've read a few rants recently about Bowie and the occult but I wonder if it all isn't just image.

For example, the fact that Bowie posed with a pyramid on his head in 1970 doesn't necessarily prove he was some kind of occult master. Maybe he just saw a photo of Crowley dressed up in his regalia and thought it looked cool.

Similarly with the alleged Illuminati symbolism in hip hop videos. Maybe the first rapper to put an All Seeing Eye in his video actually meant something by it. But since then rap stars have just been copying the imagery because its on trend.

Imagery kind of has a life of its own, and I think we're largely unconscious of what it signifies unless we take some time out to have a good look at it and analyse it. And most people don't.

I've read a few rants recently about Bowie and the occult but I wonder if it all isn't just image.

For example, the fact that Bowie posed with a pyramid on his head in 1970 doesn't necessarily prove he was some kind of occult master. Maybe he just saw a photo of Crowley dressed up in his regalia and thought it looked cool.

Similarly with the alleged Illuminati symbolism in hip hop videos. Maybe the first rapper to put an All Seeing Eye in his video actually meant something by it. But since then rap stars have just been copying the imagery because its on trend.

Imagery kind of has a life of its own, and I think we're largely unconscious of what it signifies unless we take some time out to have a good look at it and analyse it. And most people don't.

Yeah, playing around with occult symbology isn't the same thing as being an occultist, though this snippet from a David Bowie interview sounds like he was more deliberate about it. Which still doesn't necessarily mean he was a serious occultist.
http://solascendans.com/2016/01/14/david-bowie-closet-occultist/
(Note the Kabbalistic symbol he's drawing on the photo from Station To Station)

Plus, some symbols have alternate meanings as well. I recall hearing that some Europeans were startled to see George W. Bush making the Satanic "devil horns" sign on his inaguration day, when of course it was the "hook 'em horns" sign he was making at the University Of Texas marching band (the Longhorns are the UT football team). It was about the only thing I didn't find suspicious about GW Bush. :p

Illuminatii symbolism in hip-hop isn't as interesting to me (the illuminati having become some vague catch-all term for conspiranoid types) as much as the connection with the 5 Percent Nation, the more esoteric (and IMO, interesting) offshoot of Nation of Islam
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five-Percent_Nation
Though frankly I'm too tired at the moment to dig up any examples.

Last edited:
That's possible. But a more prosaic reason for 'devil horn hands' may be just down to the fundamental tarsal ligament links in the hand, and shared autonomic gestures that humans all do. Victory or 'Fcuk-you' finger Vs appear almost to be an involuntary reflex for many people, in a whole range of social stress/interplay settings.

Thumbs-up style signals, also, seem to fall into the universal demotic of visual reinforcements for platitudenous supportives/affirmatives. These endologisms are perhaps muscular equivalents of proto-linguistic language groups, and will undoubtedly predate (and have prefigured) speech.

If only we could somehow retroscopically-impute the style/range/manner (and conveyed meaning) of gesture origins, in earliest mankind. Protoethnoetymological pointing and posturing....if only we could see the shadows and shapes, from way back then, still, in the obliterating bright presence of the present.

High five, Homo Incognito - we wish we were able to see what you saw, and hear what you heard, instead of it all being lost and gone.

Last edited:
I've deliberately not appended this to the conventional David Bowie thread.

Here's the apparent proposition: it's being alleged that Bowie has faked his own death, and taken on the persona of music producer Jack Steven.

I do not know what to make of this, but before you make your mind up (either before or after watching the links) there is something very strange going on here. Or appearing to be that way.

In the short video, Jack Steven #1 looks nothing like Bowie. The later version of Jack Steven #2 looks/sounds/behaves exceedingly like a chubbier Bowie, and looks/sounds/behaves nothing like Jack Steven #1. This apparently is all over the web, so, please, do dig and discover....

Please don't shoot or scream at the messenger (it happens to be me, because, I'm me)...just have a watch, analyse, conclude, and then comment.

This is so odd, odd....

To be honest, he sounded same in both of those, and couldnt he just have had his teeth fixed?

To be honest, he sounded same in both of those, and couldnt he just have had his teeth fixed?
In the first video he did sound a bit like Bowie might have sounded if he was talking around bad teeth, so if he had his teeth fixed it's hardly surprising he now talks a bit like Bowie. I found talking much easier after having my own teeth sorted out, and no doubt sounded subtly different to people who knew me before.

So, the OP of this video is himself reportedly a clone of Tom Cruise, produced by the Secret Celebrity Centre...this, in addition to the resurrection of the dead Bill Hicks, as Alex Jones.

There's only one logical response to these allegations: get them on the Jeremy Kyle Show, brown envelope, DNA testing, sorted.

Piffle! Everyone knows Bowie faked his death to move to Las Vegas to be an Elvis impersonator!
That'd be a good trick.

However, not as good a trick as the latest Bowie conspiracy theory. That in addition to not being dead, and being Jack Steven, the music producer.....Bowie, it is being claimed, is also Henri, Grand Duke of Luxembourg.

At least there's some kind of resemblance in respect of Steven and Bowie (now there is, but there wasn't before, when compared with his previous pictures/video).

I struggle to see anything other than a very-slight similarity between Henri Duke of Luxembourg, and the Thin White Duke.

There's masses of stuff on YouTube (about Bowie having supposedly faked his own death) and especially about Steven supposedly being Bowie in disguise....and not dead. This is all decidedly odd....

Last edited:
So what clues might Bowie have left in his last work? In the Blackstar video Bowie appears to play three characters - the blind man, the trickster, and the preacher.

Perhaps the trickster represents Bowie himself, the preacher represents the media spreading the false gospel of Bowie's death, and the blind man represents the gullible public.

Just as the cult in the video worship the bejewelled skull of Major Tom, so the public create a death cult in worship of Bowie's bejewelled legacy.

Meanwhile the living trickster Bowie revels in the adoration offered up to the fake dead Bowie, represented also by the trinity of crucified scarecrows in his divine guises of Bowie the Father, Bowie the Son and Bowie the Holy Ghost.

While the blind men urged on by the preacher worship the triple scarecrow aspects of the apparently crucified Bowie , the living trickster-god Bowie dances on unseen.

Or maybe it's all just some bollocks on the internet.

Does anyone know if there is a thread devoted to the why of hoaxing and conspiracy theories? What makes people do it?

Back