• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
If it's a help... I have signed in anew with a new name and mail address but loaded my old avatar - which works.

I couldn't log in under my original details, but I used the Reset Password form and got a new login. Then Stu was kind enough to reinstate the name I lost during the last forum move! Now about those avatars.......

Avatars should now work ok : click your username (top right, above search box), in your profile page click the avatar box, and upload from your PC. max size 51200 bytes. Any issues tell me.

Player One has rejoined the game.
Thank you, Stu.

I notice some folk still have their old signatures. Two questions: I can't find where to set up a signature, could someone please help? And also, can I use an image as my signature? Thank ya kindly, sirs and madams!:rolleyes:

Thank you for fixing the avatar issue!!!

I notice some folk still have their old signatures. Two questions: I can't find where to set up a signature, could someone please help? ...

There's supposed to be a 'Signature' section / option under 'Settings' on your profile page. This bit is apparently disabled, or perhaps there's some issue with the permissions initially specified for members. I can't figure out why some signatures migrated during the transition and some did not.

I'll investigate in a while, busy atm sorting passwords, usernames etc. Will get back to you.

I can't figure out why some signatures migrated during the transition and some did not.

Mine didn't - I just made a copy in a text file, and then copied it back in...

Mine didn't - I just made a copy in a text file, and then copied it back in...

So ... You're simply appending a text 'signature block' at the bottom of your post?

I went over to the XenForo online community and had to register to access their forum (implemented, of course, in XenForo). My profile page over there has a separate Signature option. This is why I believe there's a capability for persistent signatures, but it's somehow disabled (for now / as yet ...) in this new FTMB installation.

If you go into your profile now, think I've sorted sigs. Let me know.

So ... You're simply appending a text 'signature block' at the bottom of your post?

I found a part of the profile where I could paste it in.
Looks like it's working OK for you now...

If you go into your profile now, think I've sorted sigs. Let me know.
You are a man of astonishing talent! And it looks like we're allowed to use pictures in our signatures. How many pixels would be too many?

And lo, after several weeks' enforced absence, I have returned, name intact and with a new avatar!

A big thanks to Stu for sorting out my log-in problems after the board's transfer, and for all the frustration that he and the mod team have endured during the recent unpleasantness.

And lo, after several weeks' enforced absence, I have returned, name intact and with a new avatar!

That's a great avatar Peripart - where is it from?

Hi Frideswide - it's a door, somewhere in Oxford, can't recall exactly where, and I took the picture on my mobile phone. Thought the Green Man was suitably Fortean for this place!

Frideswide, where is your avatar?

You're very tart tonight sir! :p

1090.jpg

That's a good one for Swifty.

Rynner -
323.jpg

Well, if I had a pound for every time I'd heard that...:evil:

I read that as

"Well, if I put on a pound for every time I'd heard that..."

need more coffee! :)

Back