• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Hearing Voices After EVP Experiments

I correspond with this person...like I said, in these accounts the particular person may describe their experience differently based on their own person beliefs

but the common factor is hearing voices after dabbling in spirit communication....my friend here has been dealing with this for many years

I hear mine too although it sounds like other people as well sometimes. I have learned to deal with it and what it is. I am a very sane person who other people come frequently to for advice but of course i dont dare say anything about voices because of course wed be labeled as a nut, by those who havent heard them. Now i know i can only speak for myself what the source is. In my case the source is spirits that have possessed me since i was 19 when i made a big mistake of messing with spiritism. im 47 now and have been possessed since then. most people think of the exorcist or some horror movie when you mention possession and in fact it can get that crazy only in the most extreme casses. Thankfully it never got that way for me as it takes many powerful spirits to get that crazy. but in short if i talk back to them the voices will get louder when i dont communicate they seem to quiet down I dont view it as a positive thing as they are evil in my case. As a now believer in god since i have to admit spirits exist then i also believe god must exist as well. Im not trying to preach to anyone cause i also dont like those who shove religion in my face, from what the bible says is that the biggest trick ever pulled by satan and the demons is to fool the world into believing they dont exist. Another words you or i may see or hear evidence of them but you will never get tangible proof that they do exist until after judgment by the almighty. But they love to make fools of us when we say we hear voices, so instead we keep our mouths shut. They can be quit annoying i must say, give you horrible nightmares, even talk you into doing things you shouldnt. My advice is to never communicate with them even in your own mind. I cant say for sure that will make them go away i just know for me it helps. And if you believe in god or not is up to you but prayer has helped me substantially. I know you arent crazy and the voices are real no matter how subtley and or successfully they make you think you may be crazy you are not. When you know that for sure you will be much more grounded and in control. never take psychotropic drugs and or play with an ouija board or any spiritistic games those 2 things especially overdossing on hallucinogens is a sure way to get possessed. and start hearing things that shouldnt be there. I just have 1 question for anyone whos had experience with things like i have. has anyone ever heard voices come not just from their head but also externally from any kind of machine that makes noise such as a fan or any electric motor. It may seem im taking it to another level of crazy but at night i always have a fan next to my bed so i can sleep better and i hear voices coming from it all the time and even from my refridgerators compressor motor and just about anything that generates noice will have the sound morph into voices. Any takers on that one?

The ICE-MAN cometh?

Ringo said:
[These symptoms you describe (if you are being genuine - which you may or may not be) are the same as dabbling with a ouija board, channeling, playing Bloody Mary games and seeing The Virgin Mary in a piece of toast. They are real to you and life altering but as to what the cause is, well that is a different matter.]

Being part human myself, I was sometimes let out to play with the other children of the village. I would invite them back to the Castle where, in a candlelit room, I would invite them to stand in front of a mirror. They were to stand close, look into their own eyes closely and tell themselves verbally: "I can see the Devil", over and over.
Don't know how many were effected long-term by this, as the parents stopped them coming. In fact, they complained to 'Renfield', who removed the mirror.
Is this the sort of thing that you are referring to?

These things literally bluntly state that they are trying to get their victims to kill themselves

It's literally like a sadistic sport to them.....they are pure evil

I was very fortunate to have found the others that went through this when I did...to bring me back from the brink and giving me their insight about these things

But just experiencing how bad it was in the beginning....I truly believe that they infact do push many people over the edge

We just can't usually recognize the full truth of the matter in these cases I'm sure, because the reality of it is not fully accepted in this day and age

These entities must find that an added bonus

they are dangerous....but it's not like in a lot of movies....their main target is the mind and doing as much damage as they can

They are not dangerous. But I get the impression that you could be; if you allow them to.

"These were fairly clear, one was a very deep voice. This blew my mind, it was definately a life changing experience."

What did it say?

"Many of these spirits claimed to be people who I had known who had passed on."

Like who?

"Things like profanity, threats, insults, etc"

Examples?

"Then things really started to go bad, when one day at work, I was near a running fan, and all of a sudden I started hearing these same negative voices coming through the noise of the fan"

What did they say?

"My life literally almost fell apart completely."

Yet...

"I'm still, the same person I always was, I still work, own my home, everything I always did"

"I'm afraid it's mostly just all going to be written off as delusions"

Quite.

"It was the malevolent voices, spewing their insults and the like."

Yes, yes, but what did they say?

"And there was much more that I fortunately cannot remember."

Yes, that is fortunate.

"Besides, I no longer have any fear of them....that's why the intensity of the voices has faded so much

But damn straight I was terrified when this first started and these things were screaming at me 24/7"

WHAT. DID. THEY. SAY?

"These things literally bluntly state that they are trying to get their victims to kill themselves"

Oh. That's what they say. But was this to you or Mark Macy or one of your correspondents?

"It's literally like a sadistic sport to them.....they are pure evil"

Sounds it.

"It's not a bad thing for people to share their experiences"

Indeed it's not, but you...haven't, really, have you?

you're certainly welcome to your impression and opinion

Just wanted to share my experience And some other accounts of this

If I had read up on other people's experiences with doing EVP before I got started....I may have made a different decision

If people think I'm nuts or not doesn't really matter to me

It's not a bad thing for people to share their experiences

Maybe someday someone who is thinking about ghost hunting or trying spirit communication and is a sensitive (without realizing it) may make a more informed decision from reading the accounts I've posted here

I've posted some info...each will make of it what they will....that's how it should be

I'm not saying that you're 'totally' nuts. I just think that you need to get a grip with your situation.
Incidentally; why have you declared '18th August 1977' as your 'Birthday?'

I'm not saying that you're 'totally' nuts. I just think that you need to get a grip with your situation.
Incidentally; why have you declared '18th August 1977' as your 'Birthday?'
a) borderline flaming - careful now
b) maybe it's his birthday? Besides, what's it got to do with you?

a) borderline flaming - careful now
b) maybe it's his birthday? Besides, what's it got to do with you?
Thanks for the advice.
I'll be careful. I may leave this thread alone. Just to be safe.
Brian states in an earlier post that he is 47, so he cannot have been born on the date he gives?
Further more; he has chosen a date which is the very next day after my birthday. Same year.
I am not going to allow myself to be cyber-stalked. At least, not without challenge.

Last edited:
That's some mistake. Have the voices been telling you that you're 47?
Frankly, coming from you with your increasingly grating "I am a vampire!" shtick, you're hardly in a position to judge the veracity of others' statements. I have said elsewhere about fantasy personas derailing threads, so now I will say it one more time: if you're going to participate, do so properly. If you're going to play at dress-up, do so on your own thread. That's the last time I will advise you.

Sounds like good advice, a lot, unfortunately, will not follow, but that is the way of humans

Frankly, coming from you with your increasingly grating "I am a vampire!" shtick, you're hardly in a position to judge the veracity of others' statements. I have said elsewhere about fantasy personas derailing threads, so now I will say it one more time: if you're going to participate, do so properly. If you're going to play at dress-up, do so on your own thread. That's the last time I will advise you.
OK I'm off this thread. But I don't see that I've derailed it?

I'm not going to give you the opportunity. Talk by all means, but on serious threads drop the pantomime.

That's some mistake. Have the voices been telling you that you're 47?
Jesus, the guy made a typo, it happens to everyone. At the risk of wasting my breath and sounding like a child, don't be unpleasant. You're pretty much saying Brian has schizophrenia. Which he doesn't. He's experiencing stuff and he's kind enough to share it with this forum. Makes him a pretty cool dude in my book.

Apologies for ranting...

Jesus, the guy made a typo, it happens to everyone. At the risk of wasting my breath and sounding like a child, don't be unpleasant. You're pretty much saying Brian has schizophrenia. Which he doesn't. He's experiencing stuff and he's kind enough to share it with this forum. Makes him a pretty cool dude in my book.

Apologies for ranting...
Apologies accepted. I believe that there may be more to this, than at first seems obvious. I feel that he is part of a two- pronged psychic attack upon myself. There again, maybe I'm just being paranoid?

Thank you, Brian, for elaborating. I can't hear anything other than fuzz and muffled grunts on your recordings. Maybe I'm not attuned to hearing evil spirits because I'm not entirely sure I believe in them. I hope your situation improves and you can move on from this experience.

for the past few months the voices I hear have been reduced from several to probably about 3 now, at least on a regular basis, other voices seem to come and go but from day to day, these 3 are always present...I mostly just refer to them as #1, #2 & #3

#1 sounds like a sinister mocking teenage girl

#2 is a real whispery female voice, I mostly hear her at night when things are quiet...it's like shouting...but in whispers, it's weird

#3 sounds like someone trying to fake sounding like something else...all the time...it's a male voice

they don't really refer to themselves by name much, except I keep hearing several times a day...."you're favorite is doing this to you"

this refers to back when I first started recording EVP, back when every voice I heard seemed friendly and harmless, there was one I developed more of a rapport with than the others, it was a female voice, she was always the first voice I heard whenever I listened to my recording

but I think my friend also may certainly be correct that it's just one spirit causing me problems, but using different voices....the number has been reducing over time, but it's still hard to tell at this current stage that I'm at with this

here's another account involving EVP:

I'm new to the board but I didn't know where to turn for what I'm experiencing.

Like many on the network, I have been hearing multiple voices threatening my life constantly and tormenting me 24/7 since 1/1/14, but mine goes beyond just voices. I just woke up and began hearing voices. First day the voices made me see demonic face patterns on walls and patterend surfaces. That stopped after the first day. Since then, they have been giving me all kinds of physical torment from pulsating head pains and stomach aches to anything u can possibly name except external cuts or bruises. They can inflict pokes, itches, scratches, and pain of all sorts on any parts of the body including the eyes. I have no idea what this is but it's not just psychological. I have no history of mental illness and am straight as an arrow as far as drugs and alcohol.

I believe this may have started when i recorded myself sleeping about 10 months ago and listened to it for 2 weeks. Then I stopped. I heard voices in the recording of all sorts when amplified. Didn't think much of it. Then on 1/1, i woke up with voices in bed. I am new to paranormal and considered this to be Electronic Voice Phenomenon (EVP). I am thinking that I may have opened a portal when I head the voices in the recording.

This is so bizarre beyond words.

I am not even religious or christian but the initial story they would play on me was that they were Succubus, Lucifer, and Jehovah. That lasted for 3 days or so and now they just constantly keep saying that they are my demons and they are essentially controlling my body functions to some extent. Their voices are 24/7.

I have so much more to say, but too much to type out. They use the slightest emotional change in me and amplify the side effects into physical symptoms. Like slightest of anxiety you might not normally notice is amplifed and i would get physical side effect symptoms as if I was having massive anxiety. They are constantly causing pressure sensations in the head.

TY for the reply. I'm afraid that I am very certain this is more then psychological. They actually not only initiate conversation but they also do cause physical sensations symptoms such as muscle spasms, pokes, itches, and pain anywhere they want. This imo is supernatural/paranormal in nature. This is something probably nobody really knows because we assume it's psychological. In some case, they r trully psychological, but my case is one like maybe few others that also experience direct physical attacks.

I am a very extreme level headed person at age of 47 with no past mental history and even almost no physical history. I barely take aspirin and that was decades ago. I was in top physical and mental condition prior to this happening to me.

EVP seemed to have opened some crazy portal to something that always was there. I do not know what they r but they r real.

I have been dealing with this now for almost 3 months. All I can say for sure now is that it is not psychological. I believe many ppl are experiencing what is supernatural phenomenon, an unknown entity or entities or you might call it God and demons. My voices aren't just voices for me, but also physical attacks beyond wildest imagination. The entities control every cell of my body and tell me that they are demons or God to punish me for my past sins. I believe in a creator but know little about religious aspect except some Christianity. I am literally at the mercy of these beings and they get me to try to do what is consciously the right things but in an extreme wierd way that I can't really comprehend. They want me to pay for my sins in my life before my death and that what I do now will determine what happens to me when I die. This is just so far beyond comprehension or to even describe to words

Last edited:
What makes you assume that dear?
And Brian, how do you respond to this?
I need to hold my cards close to my chest over this one. I do not intend to derail the thread,;)
Answering questions that relate to the thread wouldn't be derailing it.
Engaging with others on the thread in a way that advances the discussion wouldn't be derailing it.
Dressing up in a cape, banging on about the sunrise and being a smart-arse would be derailing it.

Is there some clarity making its way through?

Answering questions that relate to the thread wouldn't be derailing it.
Engaging with others on the thread in a way that advances the discussion wouldn't be derailing it.
Dressing up in a cape, banging on about the sunrise and being a smart-arse would be derailing it.

Is there some clarity making its way through?
I'm sorry. I was asked a question and I answered it. Thats all. Nothing clever about it. As I said, I'm staying off the thread. That is, unless someone asks me a question. Then I feel obliged to answer it. I've toned everything down. Why are you so angry?

I'm not angry. I'm never angry.

What I'm saying is, you're veering quite close to Stuart Certain territory - making intriguing statements and then when asked to elaborate giving gnomish answers, and going on the defensive if pushed. If you want others to engage with you, and take you seriously, then be prepared to back up your assertions with some actual clarity and straightforward replies.

Do that and you'd be welcomed on any thread.

These EVP entities remind me of John Keel's Ultraterrestrials as described in The Mothman Prophecies and other writings.

(Essentially, trickster entities that somehow feed on their victims' psychic energy.)

Sadly someone ran off with my copy of Mothman ages ago, but IIRC Keel writes that the entities themselves seemed unsure of their own natures and could not give a straight answer as to what they were.

Possibly they are just temporary constructs of some kind?

These EVP entities remind me of John Keel's Ultraterrestrials as described in The Mothman Prophecies and other writings.

(Essentially, trickster entities that somehow feed on their victims' psychic energy.)

Sadly someone ran off with my copy of Mothman ages ago, but IIRC Keel writes that the entities themselves seemed unsure of their own natures and could not give a straight answer as to what they were.

Possibly they are just temporary constructs of some kind?
Like non-player characters in a computer game?

Back