• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Male Genital Mutilation (Other Than Circumcision)

theyithian said:
Ms Becker was arrested on suspicion of aggravated mayhem...

Mayhem - and aggravated at that!

Another bizarrely named and archaic-sounding crime.

Indeed.

Modern statutes in the U.S. define mayhem as disabling, disfiguring, such as rendering useless a member of another person's arms or legs. Cal. Pen. Code Sec. 203 The injury must be permanent, not just a temporary loss. Some courts will hold even a minor battery as mayhem if the injury is not minor. Mayhem in the U.S. is a felony.[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayhem_(crime)

US trucker's penis amputated 'during circumcision'

A truck driver in Kentucky whose penis was amputated during an operation is suing the surgeon, claiming it was done without his consent.
Phillip Seaton says his penis was removed during what was supposed to have been a circumcision to treat inflammation four years ago.
Dr John Patterson says he amputated because he found life-threatening cancer during the operation.
The Seatons have already sued Jewish Hospital, where the surgery took place.
The facility settled out of court for an undisclosed amount.

Mr Seaton and his wife, Deborah, are suing Dr Patterson for damages.
On Monday, Mr Seaton's lawyer told jurors during opening arguments in the civil case in Shelbyville, Kentucky, that his client no longer felt like a man.

The lawyer, Kevin George, said Dr Patterson had never given any indication before the 2007 procedure that Mr Seaton was suffering from cancer.
"He's angry because Dr Patterson took off his penis without asking; without giving him a choice; without giving him the opportunity to check around and talk to other people," Mr George was quoted by Associated Press news agency as telling the court.
He showed jurors four photographs of Mr Seaton's crotch, saying: "You can see there's nothing there."

Clay Robinson, a lawyer for Dr Patterson, said his client had only removed the tip of the penis after he had found cancer.
He also contends that Mr Seaton had signed a document authorising necessary treatment in unforseen circumstances.
He said another doctor had later removed the rest of the organ.
"Mr Seaton is here today, able to be in this courtroom... because John Patterson saved his life," Mr Robinson said.
Mr Seaton and his wife are seeking unspecified damages for "loss of service, love and affection".

Penile cancer is rare, with only 1,360 new cases and 320 deaths estimated in the US in 2011, according to the National Institutes of Health.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14619926

This almost counts...

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/18705089/shelby-woman-arrested-after-police
Woman accused of castrating man with bare hands
By Nick Needham - email

SHELBY, NC (WBTV) -

Police in Shelby say they arrested a woman over the weekend after she squeezed a man's testicles out of his scrotum.

Joyce Maxine Gregory, 35, is charged with malicious castration and assault inflicting serious bodily injury, according to Shelby Police Chief Jeff Ledford.

Police say Gregory got into an argument with an older man Saturday morning. When he went outside to call 911 she followed him and grabbed his scrotum.

The man ran to a nearby rescue squad building for help.

Police were sent to the residence on Bowman Street to arrest Gregory. When she was placed in the patrol car, she pulled down her pants and urinated in the backseat.

Gregory's bond was set at $20,000.

A bit of a shocker as the front page story in our local paper:

Man chops off own penis on Penryn street
9:52am Wednesday 22nd May 2013 in News
Exclusive By Emma Ferguson, News Editor .

There were horrific scenes in Penryn on Friday when a man chopped his penis off with a kitchen knife in front of horrified onlookers.
The 43-year-old man, who lives in the town, could be seen running along Mutton Row at around 8.45pm, allegedly naked.
He then brandished the knife and cut off his penis, before collapsing to the ground.

A spokesman for South Western Ambulance Service said paramedics arrived just before 9pm the man was “bleeding heavily” and had fallen unconscious when they found him.

The police received the initial call from a member of the public, to say there was concern for a man.
A spokesperson confirmed that there was no one else involved in the incident.

The man was taken by land ambulance to the emergency department at the Royal Cornwall Hospital in Truro, where he was later described as being in a “stable” condition. His injuries are not thought to the life threatening.
It is thought the man may suffer from a mental health issue.

It is understood that two women saw the incident unfold and ran terrified to a nearby house, where a man took them in and called the police.

http://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/news/10 ... et/?ref=mr

rynner2 said:
It is thought the man may suffer from a mental health issue.

No kidding.

Life term for US woman who cut off ex-husband's penis

A California woman convicted of amputating her ex-husband's penis and throwing it in a kitchen waste disposal has been sentenced to life in prison.
Catherine Kieu, 50, may seek parole after seven years. Her lawyers said she had mental health issues caused by abuse as a child and by her ex-husband.
But the victim said he lost part of his life and identity after the attack.

Kieu attacked her former spouse with a knife in July 2011 after drugging him with sleeping pills, prosecutors said.
She also tied him to the bed, prosecutors in Orange County, California, said.

Police have said the couple were going through a divorce at the time of the attack.
Kieu told the officers responding to the scene, "He deserved it," police said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23108432

The 43-year-old man, who lives in the town, could be seen running along Mutton Row at around 8.45pm, allegedly naked.

You know Ryn, I just read that story after accidentally finding it on another link you posted to the same news website... only I initially misread the street name as Mutilation Row! :lol:

Sussex man believed to have stabbed mum and then cut off his penis
6:00am Friday 10th January 2014 in News
By Ben Leo

A teenager is believed to have cut off his penis after stabbing his mother in an apparent drug-fuelled attack.
Police were called to an address in The Oaks, Haywards Heath, on December 29 after a 999 call by Emma Mann reporting she had been stabbed by a man she knew.
Her son, university student Charlie Mann, 19, attacked his 46-year-old mother with a knife before reportedly cutting off his own penis.

A national newspaper reported the teenager was high on the Class A drug mephedrone – otherwise known as meow meow - when the attack happened.
Ms Mann was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital (RSCH) with life-threatening injuries, where she remained in a stable condition last night.
Mr Mann was also taken to RSCH and was transferred to University College Hospital in London for surgery on his self-inflicted and critical injuries.
Surgeons at the hospital are thought to have successfully re-attached his penis and he remains in a stable condition.

Sussex Police said officers initially arrested the 19-year-old on suspicion of assault, but he was later de-arrested.

Yesterday neighbours described the incident as “very sad” and said the attack was “out of the ordinary” for the area.
One resident of The Oaks, who wished to remain anonymous, said: “I was woken up by the commotion.
“There was about six police cars, three ambulances and a CCTV van at the top of the street.
“Since then there has been forensics people in and out of the house and a tent was set up outside the front.”

Detective Inspector David Springett of Sussex Police said: “At this stage we are not looking for anyone else in connection with this incident but are keen to speak to anyone who might know anything about what happened.
“Officers are at the scene collecting evidence and speaking to residents about what they might know.
“If you saw or heard anything in the road on that Sunday morning or have any information about the people involved please call us.”

Anyone with information should call 101 quoting serial 242 of 29/12, email [email protected]. police.uk or call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/10927518 ... m/?ref=rss

It means that the individual is not only released without charge, the record of the arrest is removed too.

They can still be immediately re-arrested, or rather just arrested, for something else though.

My point is that if there was no doubt that he had stabbed his mother, why was he released.

Ronson8 said:
My point is that if there was no doubt that he had stabbed his mother, why was he released.

She was an annoying old biddy and the rozzers sympathised with him. Anyway he didn't think he was cock of the walk anymore.

ramonmercado said:
Ronson8 said:

She was an annoying old biddy and the rozzers sympathised with him. Anyway he didn't think he was cock of the walk anymore.

Alas, no more "tent set up outside the front." :(

"Surgeons at the hospital are thought to have successfully re-attached his penis and he remains in a stable condition."

Until he sees where they have attached it. :shock:

I wonder if he'd been sticking it somewhere it shouldn't have been stuck.

Penis cut off in attack in Middlesbrough

A man has been found by the side of a road with his penis cut off.

The 40-year-old, from the South Bank area of Teesside, was discovered on the A66 in the early hours "in a distressed state" with wounds to his groin after the attack.

The road, from Greystones Roundabout to Church Lane in Middlesbrough, was shut earlier while searches of the area were carried out. It has now reopened.

A 22-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assault and later bailed.

Cleveland Police said the injured man had been placed in an induced coma in hospital.

The force said in a statement: "Police can confirm that the man found this morning on the A66 had wounds to his groin area.

"Officers are continuing to investigate and are appealing for anyone with information to contact them."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-26565833

Severed penis victim 'too distressed' to speak to police

A man who had his penis severed in an attack on Teesside is still too distressed to give an account of what happened, police have said.

The 40-year-old, who has not been named, remains in a stable condition in hospital after being found on the A66 in Middlesbrough on 13 March.

Detectives were hoping to talk to the man at the weekend, but police said he was too distressed to be interviewed.

A 22-year-old man arrested over the attack remains on police bail.

A Cleveland Police spokeswoman said: "We are looking at various lines of inquiry.

"However we have still to obtain an account from the man who remains in hospital and in a stable condition.

"We would ask anyone with information to contact us as this may help progress our inquiries."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-26625047

South Africans perform first 'successful' penis transplant
By James Gallagher Health editor, BBC News website

The world's first successful penis transplant has been reported by a surgical team in South Africa.
The 21-year-old recipient, whose identify is being protected, lost his penis in a botched circumcision.
Doctors in Cape Town said the operation was a success and the patient was happy and healthy.
The team said there was extensive discussion about whether the operation, which is not life-saving in the same way as a heart transplant, was ethical.
There have been attempts before, including one in China. Accounts suggested the operation went fine, but the penis was later rejected.

The man was 18 and already sexually active when he had the circumcision.
The procedure is part of the transition from boyhood to adulthood in parts of South Africa.
The boy was left with just 1cm of his original penis.
Doctors say South Africa has some of the greatest need for penis transplants anywhere in the world.
Dozens, although some say hundreds, of boys are maimed or die each year during traditional initiation ceremonies.
Surgeons at Stellenbosch University and Tygerberg Hospital performed a nine-hour operation to attach a donated penis.

etc...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-31876219

Rugby player's penis almost torn off in tackle

A rugby league player says his penis was nearly torn off in a game last month.
Haydn Peacock suffered the partial dismemberment while playing for French team AS Carcassonne last month.
Luckily, he's now fine and able to joke about it.

Unsurprisingly, his description of the the incident is fairly graphic so we've replaced some of the ruder words with fruit and veg.
"When we played the other week their centre pretty much ripped my [cucumber] off", he told journalist and former player Guy Williams, who runs the website French Footy.

Haydn Peacock was raised in Australia but has a British passport and represents Ireland internationally.
The intimate injury happened when a player from St Esteve Catalans Dragons grabbed his groin.
Haydn needed eleven stitches.
Think about that for a second, eleven stitches.

"I took the ball off the scrum and made a half-break, and their centre has come across from the inside and reached out in a last-ditch effort and has got a hold of my [turnip] with one hand and pulled me down."

He continued playing, somehow not noticing the damage until half-time.
"I checked on it and the skin is half ripped off and I was like, where's the doctor?
"In all of my career I've never heard of anyone having anything like that happen - 11 stitches in the [butternut squash]"

Despite the tough tackle on his tough tackle, Haydn won't be wearing protection for future encounters.
"I remember I had to strap it all up for the next game...the coach wanted me to go out and buy a cup but I'm not going to play with a cup,

"I got the stitches out and it's all sweet. No dramas."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/35801847/rugby-players-penis-almost-torn-off-in-tackle

Rugby player's penis almost torn off in tackle

A rugby league player says his penis was nearly torn off in a game last month.
Haydn Peacock suffered the partial dismemberment while playing for French team AS Carcassonne last month.
Luckily, he's now fine and able to joke about it.

Unsurprisingly, his description of the the incident is fairly graphic so we've replaced some of the ruder words with fruit and veg.
"When we played the other week their centre pretty much ripped my [cucumber] off", he told journalist and former player Guy Williams, who runs the website French Footy.

Haydn Peacock was raised in Australia but has a British passport and represents Ireland internationally.
The intimate injury happened when a player from St Esteve Catalans Dragons grabbed his groin.
Haydn needed eleven stitches.
Think about that for a second, eleven stitches.

"I took the ball off the scrum and made a half-break, and their centre has come across from the inside and reached out in a last-ditch effort and has got a hold of my [turnip] with one hand and pulled me down."

He continued playing, somehow not noticing the damage until half-time.
"I checked on it and the skin is half ripped off and I was like, where's the doctor?
"In all of my career I've never heard of anyone having anything like that happen - 11 stitches in the [butternut squash]"

Despite the tough tackle on his tough tackle, Haydn won't be wearing protection for future encounters.
"I remember I had to strap it all up for the next game...the coach wanted me to go out and buy a cup but I'm not going to play with a cup,

"I got the stitches out and it's all sweet. No dramas."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/35801847/rugby-players-penis-almost-torn-off-in-tackle

True story Rynner .. one time I was being the lucky recipient of fellatio from my ex when I noticed she had blood on her bottom lip so of course stopped her immediately out of concern for her ... that's when I realised the blood wasn't from her but from my old fella, she'd managed to saw half way through my 'banjo string' with her teeth without me even feeling it. I still wonder to this day if she did it deliberately or not. If I hadn't noticed or stopped her, apparently I would have never been able to get a 'full on' ever again. I had to wait for it to fully heal before even contemplating continuing any kind of sexual relationship. Good morning BTW.

True story Rynner .. one time I was being the lucky recipient of fellatio from my ex when I noticed she had blood on her bottom lip so of course stopped her immediately out of concern for her ... that's when I realised the blood wasn't from her but from my old fella, she'd managed to saw half way through my 'banjo string' with her teeth without me even feeling it. I still wonder to this day if she did it deliberately or not. If I hadn't noticed or stopped her, apparently I would have never been able to get a 'full on' ever again. I had to wait for it to fully heal before even contemplating continuing any kind of sexual relationship. Good morning BTW.

They're not necessarily serious although they may appear to bleed a lot, and can heal without treatment even when torn during quite vigorous activity.
Source: mind your own business.

They're not necessarily serious although they may appear to bleed a lot, and can heal without treatment even when torn during quite vigorous activity.
Source: mind your own business.
I wasn't willing to risk it escargot .. mini me was off limits for sexy time until I was sure he'd healed completely, one good side effect of this type of injury I read about though is that a man's chopper is freed up to grow bigger .. not that I'm claiming I've got a big willy or anything but I noticed a difference afterwards ... I think ...

I'm SO glad my ex didn't hear about THAT very interesting conjecture. He'd have been RIGHT in my face about it.
So to speak.
LOL .. I doubt it though .. no man want's to be bleeding from the penis no matter how weird or kinky your ex was! ..

Has anyone mentioned that greatest living Australian, Clive James, who recounted in his autobiography trying to vault over a barbed-wire fence to impress girls, slipped, and ripped his donger open? The twelve or thirteen year old Clive was too embarrassed to go to a doctor at first and just bandaged it up, but the doc who eventually checked it out, and confirmed it was healing OK, told him he was very lucky, because if the rip had been any longer the whole bloody thing would have gone. Clive did go on to marry and have kids....

WTF!!! :eek:

Back