• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Satanic Society

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the whole deal with satan was that one day god asked the angels to bow down before humanity, and satan refused to. God said that the angels should bow down before mankind because mankind was closer to god than the angels, which satan refuted, because satan said the angels were there before mankind - this got satan kicked out of heaven - this must surely be allegorical because otherwise I'm seeing satans logic.

Can anybody throw a little light on this...(no pun intended).

You say that you are seeing Satans' logic. Are you saying that you agree with that logic?

The Temple of Set is a left-hand path initiatory order founded in 1975. Initiates take the title "Setian". The Temple is incorporated in California as a non-profit religious organization.[1]

View attachment 2053
By Source, Fair use, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=20729197

The position of the hand would suggest an interpretation of the head of SET.
This is pure conjecture on my part. Still, I think it has room for thought?

A close friend of mine from my days with the OTO was a priest for 7 years in the Temple of Set and he told me he left in the end as they became increasingly preoccupied with sex and drugs over doing much real magickal practice. I don't think they ever had much of a footing within the U.K. though. After I moved away from OTO I worked with the ONA and David Myatt's U.K. groups and then Kenneth Grant's Typhonian Order, both of which I felt more connected to in terms of LHP philosophy.

2 Corinthians, 11:14
''And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing extraordinary if his ministers also keep disguising themselves as ministers of righteousness. But their end will be according to their works.''

That is worse than The Singing Ringing Tree :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

To ward off the evil eye (as was it's original meaning) or perhaps (more likely) as you say because Obama thinks it makes him look a bit 'rock and roll'.

If Satanism is as you suggest, a secret influence upon society, a boys club for billionaires rather than the neo-pagan religion of La Vey, then why would someone who is in that secret society make the sign that identifies them? Did Obama do a facepalm after this 'Oh no, I've outed myself as a Satanist to millions'?

No one in conspiracy crowd can seem to explain why the illuminati puts pyramids in cartoons or 5 pointed star in a logo either. Doesn't seem very secret to me. If you have secret plans why would you advertise?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the whole deal with satan was that one day god asked the angels to bow down before humanity, and satan refused to. God said that the angels should bow down before mankind because mankind was closer to god than the angels, which satan refuted, because satan said the angels were there before mankind - this got satan kicked out of heaven - this must surely be allegorical because otherwise I'm seeing satans logic.

Can anybody throw a little light on this...(no pun intended).

Hmmm... Can of worms time.

I'm certainly no expert. I'm not a christian, jew, muslim or satanist either and don't want to put words in anyone's mouth, but I have heard this before and will give you my understanding for what it's worth. Do you're own fact-checking though.

So, the first part of this is that God commands the angels to bow before man. Firstly, there's no mention of this in Jewish or Christian writings at all. Not in the Old Testament; not in the New Testament. It's in the Quran. If you want the theological ins and outs, better ask a muslim, but as far as I can make out from other discussions on the web, the point was that the angels were to do this to demonstrate obedience to god. The inverted hierarchy is absurd and quite deliberate to underline the unquestioning nature of the obedience. It's a bit like God commanding Abraham to kill his own son. Basically, 'You must obey, even if you can't fathom it or it makes you uncomfortable.' The purpose was not to actually worship man as such. In all abrahamic religions, God alone is worthy of worship (in theory at least).

Now, as for the second point that Satan was thrown out of heaven; in Christian theology, it's not actually Satan that get's thrown out of heaven; it's Lucifer! Most christians identify these as one and the same, but many esoteric christians and occultists don't. So, those who revere Lucifer may not consider themselves satanists in any sense but will be labelled as such by most christians.

As for self-identifying Satanists. How do they view this question? I honestly have no idea. I've never met one, let alone discussed this with one, but it seems fairly unlikely that they would use a whacky interpretation of an islamic text as an article of faith.

As I say, I'm no expert. Feel free to correct or research accordingly.

Last edited:
So, the first part of this is that God commands the angels to bow before man. Firstly, there's no mention of this in Jewish or Christian writings at all. Not in the Old Testament; not in the New Testament. QUOTE]
This s absolutely correct

Hmmm... Can of worms time.

I'm certainly no expert. I'm not a christian, jew, muslim or satanist either and don't want to put words in anyone's mouth, but I have heard this before and will give you my understanding for what it's worth. Do you're own fact-checking though.

So, the first part of this is that God commands the angels to bow before man. Firstly, there's no mention of this in Jewish or Christian writings at all. Not in the Old Testament; not in the New Testament. It's in the Quran. If you want the theological ins and outs, better ask a muslim, but as far as I can make out from other discussions on the web, the point was that the angels were to do this to demonstrate obedience to god. The inverted hierarchy is absurd and quite deliberate to underline the unquestioning nature of the obedience. It's a bit like God commanding Abraham to kill his own son. Basically, 'You must obey, even if you can't fathom it or it makes you uncomfortable.' The purpose was not to actually worship man as such. In all abrahamic religions, God alone is worthy of worship (in theory at least).

Now, as for the second point that Satan was thrown out of heaven; in Christian theology, it's not actually Satan that get's thrown out of heaven; it's Lucifer! Most christians identify these as one and the same, but many esoteric christians and occultists don't. So, those who revere Lucifer may not consider themselves satanists in any sense but will be labelled as such by most christians.

As for self-identifying Satanists. How do they view this question? I honestly have no idea. I've never met one, let alone discussed this with one, but it seems fairly unlikely that they would use a whacky interpretation of an islamic text as an article of faith.

As I say, I'm no expert. Feel free to correct or research accordingly.

Thank you Emina, light dawneth.

Satanists for Choice.

Abortion Access in Missouri Is Getting Easier, Thanks to Planned Parenthood and Satanists
By Christina Cauterucci

Here’s a sentence I never thought I’d write: Abortion access in Missouri is booming. Until this month, the state had only one abortion provider—a Planned Parenthood health center in St. Louis. On Monday, the organization announced that its clinic in Kansas City is now offering medication abortion. Its Columbia outpost will soon offer surgical abortions, too, and two others will likely follow.

For the past several years, Planned Parenthood and other women’s health clinics in Missouri have been targeted by restrictions that forced abortion providers to get admitting privileges at nearby hospitals and retrofit their facilities to meet surgical center standards. Those laws eventually became common goals of anti-abortion legislators around the country, but Missouri was ahead of the curve: In 1986, it was the first state to enact mandatory hospital admitting privileges. After the Supreme Court’s historic ruling that overturned similar restrictions in Texas, Planned Parenthood and two other reproductive rights groups took Missouri to federal court, arguing that it had four clinics in the state that could provide abortions—in addition to existing contraceptive care and health services—if the regulations were lifted.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_facto...lanned_parenthood.html?wpsrc=sh_all_dt_tw_top

Just a jape or does The Morning Star have cells within the USAF?

MAYESVILLE, S.C. (AP) — Four young members of the Air Force have been arrested after authorities said they spray-painted satanic symbols on a 250-year-old South Carolina church that tends to draw people interested in ghost stories. Now they face charges that could put them in prison.

The four suspects were arrested late Thursday, less than a day after deputies put out surveillance photos of the vandalism at Salem Black River Presbyterian Church, Sumter County Sheriff’s spokesman Ken Bell said.

Satanic symbols and phrases were spray-painted on the church’s columns and doors on Sept. 29, causing about $3,000 in damage. The door to the church’s sanctuary also was kicked in, but deputies don’t think the suspects entered, Bell said.

https://apnews.com/259090d12aff4e4d888979c9c6a52add

In my experience, most Satanists are more ethical than Christians. Satanists are kinder to animals. Satanists are more tolerant in their social outlook and far more forgiving of other people's faults. Satanists are more generous in their charity donations, and don't look on their donations as a means of getting brownie points with God, but act out of true altruism. Satanist also lie less often and are generally better educated. Satanists are also less violent than Christians and less drunken. Satanists also hold better parties than Christians, and definitely have better taste in music and the arts. In fact, I have to say that by-and-large, most Satanists are better Christians than Christians, and that should be grounds for immense concern in the Christian community. If I had to choose between Gothic Satanists like the Addams family and gun toting Christian Fundamentalists as neighbors, who would you choose? Be honest.

In my experience, most Satanists are more ethical than Christians. Satanists are kinder to animals. Satanists are more tolerant in their social outlook and far more forgiving of other people's faults. Satanists are more generous in their charity donations, and don't look on their donations as a means of getting brownie points with God, but act out of true altruism. Satanist also lie less often and are generally better educated. Satanists are also less violent than Christians and less drunken. Satanists also hold better parties than Christians, and definitely have better taste in music and the arts. In fact, I have to say that by-and-large, most Satanists are better Christians than Christians, and that should be grounds for immense concern in the Christian community. If I had to choose between Gothic Satanists like the Addams family and gun toting Christian Fundamentalists as neighbors, who would you choose? Be honest.
I have found all of the above to be generally true.

Hail Satan? If you're expecting Satan Worship or human sacrifices then you will be disappointed. The Satanic Temple are Secular Humanists who defend Religious Freedom. Their point is that no one religion should be privileged above all the others. Their campaigns to erect statues of Baphomet next to Ten Commandments monuments on State property is part of the fight against the privileged position of Christianity in the US (and now in other countries). The satanic Temple did start off with stunts such as supposedly supporting Florida's fundamentalist Governor Rick Scott and holding a Black Mass in Boston but now is more careful about how it organises protests and has a strict code of conduct for it's Chapters to adhere to. This has caused a split with some of the temple's more militant Detroit members.

The Boston Black Mass provoked an incredible reaction from the local RCC Arch-Diocese, with mass parades, and descriptions of the Black Mass as an attack on Catholics. Rather hypocritical given the history of abuse and cover ups by the RCC in Boston. Indeed those who turned out to protest against the Satanists looked far weirder than the Temple supporters. This is also evident in Arkansas where the "Christians" tend to carry Confederate flags. Death threats against the Temple are common and it's main spokesman Lucien Greaves had to wear a Kevlar jacket at the Little Rock Arkansas demonstration.

Many Temple members speak to camera giving their reasons for joining, they are united in a love for freedom and tolerance. Some are ex-Pastors and Sunday School Teachers. One of those prepared to identify himself is an Ex-Muslim, he is really taking a risk in his support for Religious Diversity.

The director Penny Lane as well as supporting the Temple was moved to make this film out of a desire to expose the Satanic panic of the 1970s - 90s and how it destroyed lives through false accusations and resulted in many people serving long sentences. She emphasies that there has been no apology from either the State, Federal, Court or Church bodies involved. Even playing Dungeons and Dragons or having an interest in Heavy Metal music was accepted as evidence of Satanic behaviour.

A powerful film with many inspiring images and messages. These Satanists stand for Religious and Political Freedoms, for the separation of Church and State. See it! 8.5/10.

Hail Satan? If you're expecting Satan Worship or human sacrifices then you will be disappointed. The Satanic Temple are Secular Humanists who defend Religious Freedom. Their point is that no one religion should be privileged above all the others. Their campaigns to erect statues of Baphomet next to Ten Commandments monuments on State property is part of the fight against the privileged position of Christianity in the US (and now in other countries). The satanic Temple did start off with stunts such as supposedly supporting Florida's fundamentalist Governor Rick Scott and holding a Black Mass in Boston but now is more careful about how it organises protests and has a strict code of conduct for it's Chapters to adhere to. This has caused a split with some of the temple's more militant Detroit members.

The Boston Black Mass provoked an incredible reaction from the local RCC Arch-Diocese, with mass parades, and descriptions of the Black Mass as an attack on Catholics. Rather hypocritical given the history of abuse and cover ups by the RCC in Boston. Indeed those who turned out to protest against the Satanists looked far weirder than the Temple supporters. This is also evident in Arkansas where the "Christians" tend to carry Confederate flags. Death threats against the Temple are common and it's main spokesman Lucien Greaves had to wear a Kevlar jacket at the Little Rock Arkansas demonstration.

Many Temple members speak to camera giving their reasons for joining, they are united in a love for freedom and tolerance. Some are ex-Pastors and Sunday School Teachers. One of those prepared to identify himself is an Ex-Muslim, he is really taking a risk in his support for Religious Diversity.

The director Penny Lane as well as supporting the Temple was moved to make this film out of a desire to expose the Satanic panic of the 1970s - 90s and how it destroyed lives through false accusations and resulted in many people serving long sentences. She emphasies that there has been no apology from either the State, Federal, Court or Church bodies involved. Even playing Dungeons and Dragons or having an interest in Heavy Metal music was accepted as evidence of Satanic behaviour.

A powerful film with many inspiring images and messages. These Satanists stand for Religious and Political Freedoms, for the separation of Church and State. See it! 8.5/10.

More on the Satanic Temple.

Texas's Republican Governor Greg Abbott signed a new abortion ban into law on Wednesday. While some Texans are calling the law a milestone in pro-life legislation, others say that it's too extreme. The law, initially proposed by State Sen. Bryan Hughes, bans abortions six weeks into pregnancy, making it one of many "heartbeat laws" introduced over the past several years, and it's sent to go into effect on September 1.

Those who oppose the law's passage have already started taking steps in suing the state and fighting the bill in court. This includes the state's own Satanic Temple. The Temple has filed suit against the state claiming that the new abortion restrictions violate the religious beliefs of its members.

On behalf of TST member "Ann Doe," TST is suing the state of Texas for imposing medically unnecessary abortion regulations including a sonogram, a forced decision to reject the 'opportunity' of seeing the sonogram results, the forced listening to a narrative of the sonogram results, and a mandatory waiting period between the sonogram and the abortion.
VIA THE SATANIC TEMPLE

https://boingboing.net/2021/05/22/t...e-state-due-to-new-abortion-restrictions.html

Further to the post above:

The Satanic Temple begins legal maneuver to skirt Texas' new abortion ban​

The Satanic Temple has joined the legal wrangling to block or overturn Texas' severe new abortion law. That law, which the U.S. Supreme Court refused to block this week, bans the medical procedure after six weeks, including in cases of rape and incest.

The Salem, Massachusetts-based Temple filed a letter with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration arguing that its Texas members should have legal access to abortion pills. The group's attorneys contend that its status as a non-theistic religious organization should ensure access to abortion as a faith-based right.

In the letter, the Temple argues that abortion pills Misoprostol and Mifepristone should be available for its use through the the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, which protects Native Americans' use of peyote in religious rituals. The Temple says those the same rights should apply to the drugs it uses for its own rituals.
https://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily...egal-maneuver-to-skirt-texas-new-abortion-ban

Arson attack at Satanic Temple in Salem.

Salem, Mass. police arrested Daniel Damien Lucey, 42, for attempting to burn down the city's Satanic Temple.

Lucey—wearing a t-shirt with the word "God" emblazoned on it—was seen on surveillance video pouring flammable liquid on the porch and lighting it. Perhaps he was thought the Devil was inside and wanted him to feel more at home. From CBS News:

Investigators said Lucey confessed to driving up to Salem to light the temple on fire and intended for it to be a hate crime.
Police charged him with arson of a dwelling, a civil rights violation and destruction of a place of worship.
Greaves said he knows it could have been worse but believed there was a lesson to be learned.
"If anyone can get anything out of this, it would be to take a moment, to take a break, from the outrage and speak to people about their beliefs and get a more accurate understanding of who they are," Greaves said.

https://boingboing.net/2022/06/13/g...o-burn-down-satanic-temple-in-salem-mass.html

Merry Satanmas!

Controversy has arisen in Iowa after the Satanic Temple was allowed to put up a display at the state Capitol building in Des Moines.

Outcry emerged after the un-Christian-like altar was erected on the first floor of the Iowa State Capitol earlier this month, prompting the public and lawmakers to call for its removal. Others have maintained keeping the shrine up is a matter of free speech and freedom of religion, however.

The display ― which will be up through the end of this week ― includes an altar with the “seven fundamental tenets” of the Satanic Temple and the group’s seal, surrounded by electric candles.

Behind the altarpiece stands an effigy of the goat-headed idol Baphomet, a pagan deity who is invoked in various occult practices and throughout pop culture.

A mirrored sculpture of a ram’s skull sits on top of the figure, which is cloaked in red velvet, holding a black and red ribbon wreath with a pentacle in the center.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/satanic-temple-altar-iowa-state-capitol_n_6579d801e4b0db9d2ab7d349

Merry Satanmas!

Controversy has arisen in Iowa after the Satanic Temple was allowed to put up a display at the state Capitol building in Des Moines.

Outcry emerged after the un-Christian-like altar was erected on the first floor of the Iowa State Capitol earlier this month, prompting the public and lawmakers to call for its removal. Others have maintained keeping the shrine up is a matter of free speech and freedom of religion, however.

The display ― which will be up through the end of this week ― includes an altar with the “seven fundamental tenets” of the Satanic Temple and the group’s seal, surrounded by electric candles.

Behind the altarpiece stands an effigy of the goat-headed idol Baphomet, a pagan deity who is invoked in various occult practices and throughout pop culture.

A mirrored sculpture of a ram’s skull sits on top of the figure, which is cloaked in red velvet, holding a black and red ribbon wreath with a pentacle in the center.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/satanic-temple-altar-iowa-state-capitol_n_6579d801e4b0db9d2ab7d349

It is no more!

When Iowa decided to allow religious displays in its Capitol building, the U.S. Constitution obliged it to allow those of any religion, not just the Christian sects favored by officials there.

Accordingly, the Satanic Temple in Des Moines got itself a spot and put up a lovely little display with candles, tenets, Baphomet, etc. It was "vandalized beyond repair" by Michael Cassidy, 35, who was arrested by Iowa State Police and charged with criminal mischief.

"This morning, we were informed by authorities that the Baphomet statue in our holiday display was destroyed beyond repair." the temple posted in a statement. "We are proud to continue our holiday display for the next few days that we have been allotted."

Cassidy, who has run for political office in the past without success, was quoted by media saying "I saw this blasphemous statue and was outraged. My conscience is held captive to the word of God, not to bureaucratic decree. And so I acted."

https://boingboing.net/2023/12/15/s...capitol-destroyed-by-upset-christian-man.html

Back