• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Gotham

I don't think anyone, including Jada Pinkett Smith, is complaining about that.

Bruce is what? 12 or 13 now? He runs off to train with Henri DuCard around 17, comes back in his early 20s, so 7 years. Penguin, who traditionally is older than Bruce anyway, is maybe mid-20s. Selina is Bruce's age. Gordon is late 20s, early 30s. (He needs to have a daughter soon, though. Or adopt his niece, depending on the continuity you're working with.) I haven't seen anything about a Joker, so can't speak to his age - although I do generally prefer that the Joker is a result of the Batman, either directly or indirectly. (Doesn't have to be Killing Joke, but he's normally shown as a consequence of Bruce running around in his bat costume.)

Riddle me this! What low rent UK terrestrial TV channel is finally putting on season 2 of Gotham tonight at ten? Er, yeah, Channel 5 have seen sense at last, that's where Brits can catch up with it.

I love the show. The portrayal of the penguin is towering psychopathic (a whole box of frogs nuttier than Commodus in 'Gladiator'), Fish Moony was huge fun and the other supporting characters are for the most part well drawn and have depth, even if that depth is sociopathy and schizophrenia. It's as dark as Batman should be and Sean Pertwee is always fun on screen. Whats's not to like?

I'm not a huge fan but I enjoyed last night's return. I didn't really have the chance to see the first series as it was aired but ended up seeing it on Netflix a while later, and thought it worked well sporadically, but I'll try to keep up with this second series. I'm still not remotely convinced by the young Mr Wayne, though.

Really enjoyed Gotham so far, rather than wait for the U.K. transmission I downloaded and watched all 33 episodes with my younger sister and Fortean sidekick, thought it was brilliantly constructed, favourite character is Penguin who I thought was genius, least favourite is Theo Galavan, the only boring performance IMO. I like the interesting mixture of vintage and modern technology in the series, which gives a great neo-noir feel to the city itself. Looking forward to the next episode on 29 Feb.

Not happy about Gordon becoming a murderer, and how bloody stupid do you have to be to set off a huge explosion under your own house? But that aside, not a bad start to the season, although it does make Gordon naming his daughter Barbara even more ridiculous. "Remember my ex who tried to kill you, dear? She had a nice name, how about that for the baby?!" The Riddler's still the best villain so far.

I really like what they're doing with this season - the problem with the first was that there was no real sense of danger, as you knew which characters were going to survive.

Not any more, it seems.....great stuff.

I really like what they're doing with this season - the problem with the first was that there was no real sense of danger, as you knew which characters were going to survive.

Not any more, it seems.....great stuff.
Yes neat trick killing a character you were certain was going to be the joker.

Some very twisted souls thus far. The wonderful Carol Kane's Mrs Cobblepot is quite underused.

Underused is the word for Carol Kane in this, she appears for about three seconds per episode on a black and white TV screen and that's it.

Anyway, I thought they were committing to making Firefly a teenage girl instead of a grown man, but er, that didn't work out. And hey, The Riddler got lucky! Then extremely unlucky. Seems when the character isn't guaranteed a place in the comics canon, they go bye bye.

Have they made this series self-consciously more violent than the previous series? I quite like many aspects of the way the series is going, but the death and violence has become distracting for me.

I noticed that too, it's getting to Hannibal levels of TV bloodshed in places. Almost every character in it, goodie or baddie, has now killed someone.

Hey, how did The Mas- er, Missy end up in Gotham? Nice to see her, anyway. And the Penguin-Riddler team-up seems obvious in retrospect, though I suspect they'll end up arguing over the alpha position with much nerd rage.

So there will be a chill in the air next week, judging by the teaser.

There was a definite fish-like head-of-hair in a tank at Indian Hill this week....

Hugo Strange at last! And he's head of Arkham!

That's the cunning of The Riddler I've been waiting for! Definitely the highlight bad guy of this show, especially now Bruce Wayne keeps getting creepier. And Poison Ivy's a stoner apparently. Not surprised.

That's the cunning of The Riddler I've been waiting for! Definitely the highlight bad guy of this show, especially now Bruce Wayne keeps getting creepier. And Poison Ivy's a stoner apparently. Not surprised.
"Crowbar!!"

If you have Freeview and lament that there's not much in HD there except the main channels and some shopping stuff, then retune by tomorrow and you'll get Channel 5 in HD, which means Gotham looks a lot better now. Set your recording devices accordingly.

So they're not going for the famous bat flying through the window explanation for Bruce's inspiration, it's the living dead guy instead. Oh well, I'd prefer if he hadn't been inspired by a villain, since they're supposed to be a cowardly and superstitious lot and all that. At least the Riddler was back, no episode featuring him is a dead loss.

There you go, another season over and it'll be back later in the year. I suppose with the sci-fi elements it was only a matter of time before we had an evil double plotline, which is compulsory in every one of these sf or horror series. Kind of ironic that Hugo Strange is resurrecting criminals from the dead if you know the history of his character.

Thought it quite fun and at least we've got Fish Moony back.

I was hoping she was gone for good too!

Gotham is back on 19th Spetember, looks like we're getting
not quite Killer Croc, Mad Hatter, super fast aged up Poison Ivy and sort of Hush
:

Still hoping for The Ventriloquist...
That would be a great opportunity to be really creepy. But I have a nasty suspicion, they'd go with the new (young, attractive, female) Ventriloquist, and not the original guy.

I assumed Ivy in Gotham was a fake out, since Poison Ivy's real name is Pamela.

Or maybe I mean "hoped" rather than "assumed".

According to the producers, we're seeing HQ next season...and we've already met her.

Bet it's who I said it was at the end of Season 1..... :evil:

That would be a great opportunity to be really creepy. But I have a nasty suspicion, they'd go with the new (young, attractive, female) Ventriloquist, and not the original guy.

I assumed Ivy in Gotham was a fake out, since Poison Ivy's real name is Pamela.

Or maybe I mean "hoped" rather than "assumed".

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the reveal of The Ventriloquist in the 90s animated series was one of the great Batman moments in any medium. The incredulous look on Batman's face was up there with Charlton Heston's WTF expression in the original Planet of the Apes.

Back