• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I only saw bits here and there so I'm watching from start. Next to watch: S1 Ep 10.

Agents surprised me this week by being pretty good, no overinvolved conspiracy arcs, just Gemma doing her best "Captain Kirk stranded on desert planet" act. Plus Elizabeth Henstridge deliberately had her say she'd done her maths as opposed to her math, classy girl.

I'm enjoying this series so far. It's clearly laying the groundwork for the next Cap film in some ways.

Unfortunately Channel 4 will be only halfway through the Cap run up when the film is out, while the rest of the world will be well up to speed.

In last week's Agent Carter, Hayley Atwell introduced the phrase "fannying about" to US audiences, I note. Now I want to see what kind of stealth swearing she can get into this week's episode.

Pretty good episode of this on Sunday (UK), I was actually quite engrossed. Good cliffhanger too. Plus lots of US TV level swearing, just show they meant business. Though nobody was called a plonker, as Agent Carter did a couple of weeks ago.

It's getting more violent isn't it? There was a lot of blood at the start.

Game of Thrones and Daredevil seem to have moved the goalposts a tad. Although, Deadwood was extremely violent at times (and excellent).

So, maybe we should blame Powers Boothe?

Fortunately (for my nerves) Gemma's torture was offscreen, but it did seem a lot more violent, I agree. Not sure if it's for a family audience now, to be honest!

It's toughened up a bit to be sure. Good though.

Well, that might have been the last ever Agent Carter because apparently it didn't do very well in the ratings. Wrapped things up nicely at the end, except for the tacked-on cliffhanger which optimistically set up a season 3. But I think Hayley Atwell has another job on a new show now, so bye bye Peggy.

Just been confirmed, Agent Carter has been cancelled. But she looked so chic!

And so has Bobbi and Hunter's planned spin-off....so they left for no reason...

As long as they don't get rid of Sk- er, Daisy, then OK. Even if she has turned evil. Or maybe because of that.

And there goes season 3 of SHIELD, the best so far I think. Wasn't a great ending, though, Sk- er, Daisy spent the whole episode crying which wasn't very becoming, and because of that she's apparently a baddie in season 4 (you can tell by her new Goth look). Liked John Hannah, he was this season's Kyle MacLachlan.

I thought Ward could only be killed by that object that the Aussie Ghost Rider knock off, gave him

And there goes season 3 of SHIELD, the best so far I think. Wasn't a great ending, though, Sk- er, Daisy spent the whole episode crying which wasn't very becoming, and because of that she's apparently a baddie in season 4 (you can tell by her new Goth look). Liked John Hannah, he was this season's Kyle MacLachlan.
John Hannah is rapidly becoming very good value. Daisy is beginning to be slightly annoying, I was kinda rooting for her to be out (sorry). Enjoyed it though. Good season, after the utter confusion of series two.

John Hannah is rapidly becoming very good value. Daisy is beginning to be slightly annoying, I was kinda rooting for her to be out (sorry). Enjoyed it though. Good season, after the utter confusion of series two.
In some ways, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is more the story of Daisy than it is anything else. I lose interest in characters too when they're just miserable all the time, childishly dwelling on things, but I was hoping the show would get past that, and hopefully it will next series. And I love Daisy's new look.

I'm getting a little fatigued by HYDRA. We've had Nazi HYDRA, then insidious sleeper cells HYDRA, then ancient secret society HYDRA, now the whole things actually the Devil HYDRA. All good solid fortean subjects, and it was a nice twist first time round to discover HYDRA wasn't what we thought it was. But I'm sick of blinking HYDRA now. I want for the next series to have hardly a mention of HYDRA, and to be about something else.

And fewer inhumans. Folk springing up with superpowers who lack an interesting and unique origin story is one of the reasons I find The X-Men so bland and unengaging. I was thrilled to find out the the Inhumans movie had been cancelled.

And I love Daisy's new look.
Ditto.
But I'm sick of blinking HYDRA now.
Ditto.
And fewer inhumans.
I don't mind per se, but at this stage they really need to engage more strongly with character driven stuff. We'll need human interest to keep watching, we've all seen the effects now. There's plenty of Coulson and 'The Calvary's' back story to be explored as well as Gemma/Fitz. Let's keep it people centric not effects centric, otherwise why watch it?

So many questions thrown-up at the end of that episode....

I haven't seen Civil War yet, but I'm guessing at least one of them is answered in that.

"Check in with the Director". Did he mean Fury?

So many questions thrown-up at the end of that episode....

I haven't seen Civil War yet, but I'm guessing at least one of them is answered in that.

"Check in with the Director". Did he mean Fury?
As far as I can remember,
Nick Fury and SHIELD play no part in Civil War. I hoped we'd find out who the new Director was, but we didn't. For all we know, the programme makers haven't decided yet. My money's on May.

I thought Ward could only be killed by that object that the Aussie Ghost Rider knock off, gave him

They did drop that bit sharpish after they decided to blow him up with his nuclear device. I thought Joss Whedon had final say on all the scripts? Did he not like that bit, then?

With spoilers for season 3, Clark Gregg discusses Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 4 and some big changes to the status quo...

This article contains spoilers for Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s season 3 finale.

In the final moments of Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 3 (we've got a detailed breakdown here), Coulson and Mack mentioned a new director of their spy organisation that they needed to report back to. This, of course, is change to the status quo of Coulson himself calling the shots in Nick Fury's absence.

The identity of this new director remains a mystery. Even to the cast of the show, it would seem. Chatting to Entertainment Weekly, Coulson actor Clark Gregg had this to say on the topic of Phil's new boss...

Read more: http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/marv...4-clark-gregg-talks-big-changes#ixzz4AznObG93

Finally, season 4 starts in the UK on E4 Sunday nights at nine. Keen to see how they do with Ghost Rider!

Jeez, I think I'll stick with the legal way! Much safer!

:rofl: honest its ok, i watch them all there, i just watched the last two

Pretty gripped by the first episode of the new series. The last series descended into such ludicrous dullness I'm pleased to actually feel hopeful for the show again. I'm looking forward to next weeks episode.

Back