• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

David Icke & His Work

Mark Millar interviews David Icke: "The public are waking up and fighting back..."
Apr 18, 2016
Britain scorned David Icke for his ideas. But some have since become news headlines. Mark Millar went to meet him

What if everything you know is a lie? Suppose 13 families control the planet and our Presidents and Prime Ministers serve them instead of us? What if the BBC is an Orwellian Ministry of Information and filters news on behalf of the Establishment that appoints them? Could national treasure Jimmy Savile really be a monster involved in child-trafficking and Satanic ritual abuse with some of the most famous faces in Britain, including the ex-Prime Minister who signed us into the European Union?

http://www.bigissue.com/features/in...id-icke-the-public-are-waking-up-and-fighting

David Icke started off his first ever lecture tour at my university! And I had the dubious honour of asking him the first ever question in his end of talk Q&A sessions! It was something along the lines of 'you'vementioned a book called 'the truth vibrations', but you've omitted to mention that you wrote it' (That got a good laugh) And then I think I said something along the lines of it being patent bollocks.

... then I think I said something along the lines of it being patent bollocks.

And the rest, as they say, was history :)

I saw him speak once; UFO conference in 1997. That's five hours of my life I'll never get back. It was in his pre-reptilian days, so it was dull as hell.

New interview - quite a general discussion, but he comes across quite well:

He's more or less responsible for getting me more seriously interested conspiracy theories. I've always had a curiosity for UFO stories and undocumented strange creatures. The lizard story that really made me interested was this one.
In those days(perhaps now even) it was popular among conspiracy theorists to think of FEMA as a dark organization planning to take over the whole of USA.

He's more or less responsible for getting me more seriously interested conspiracy theories. I've always had a curiosity for UFO stories and undocumented strange creatures. The lizard story that really made me interested was this one.
In those days(perhaps now even) it was popular among conspiracy theorists to think of FEMA as a dark organization planning to take over the whole of USA.
There are still hysterical reports on Youtube about mysterious FEMA depots and camps all over the USA.

David Icke Makes Angry Appearance on Australia's "Today" Show, Doesn't Take Well to Being Challenged
7/15/2016

Yesterday morning Australian time, conspiracy theorist David Icke appeared on the Nine Network’s Today show to discuss his upcoming tour of Australia, and things did not go according to plan. Icke seemed agitated and combative, and his nearly obsessive insistence on repeating a few fixed talking points without seeming to be able to go off script eventually left the normally genial presenters, Karl Stefanovic and Lisa Wilkinson, dumbfounded and exasperated. In other words, it was a great seven minutes of television.

The results of Icke’s appearance were especially surprising since Stefanovic is, to put it bluntly, a bit of a space cadet himself and has repeatedly expressed interest in UFOs, the paranormal, and other unusual phenomena. “I love these theories, but I’m not slugging people a hundred bucks to listen to my rubbish,” Stefanovic said, taking issue with the steep charge for tickets to Icke’s speaking engagements, which run up to $100 Australian ($76 US) for a twelve-hour lecture. (Maybe that is high in Australia, but that is right in range for a 90 minute rock concert here.) Icke reminded the hosts that the ticket price funds “a whole team of people” who travel with him around the world to produce his stage show. Of course, this doesn’t quite make the case that “they” don’t want you to know what Icke has to say, but… details! ...

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/d...day-show-doesnt-take-well-to-being-challenged

I've read one or two of Icke's books some years ago and I have always thought he was a bit of a 'nutter' regarding his Reptilian aliens in charge of earth theme....and that he was milking the paranormal scene to make some money.
I hope I didn't step on any toes there.....

I've read one or two of Icke's books some years ago and I have always thought he was a bit of a 'nutter' regarding his Reptilian aliens in charge of earth theme....and that he was milking the paranormal scene to make some money.
I hope I didn't step on any toes there.....

Not at all, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof and all that. It seems to me Icke has embraced an echo chamber of his own conspiratorial community on the internet which is as rigid about its beliefs as any religious cult, and will not tolerate anyone pointing out any flaws in his arguments, as the report above illustrates.

I don't really like Channel 9 or it's presenters much, but I keep hearing stuff about Stefanovic that makes me at least respect him. Certainly more than anyone who has worked on The Footy Show.

Not at all, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof and all that. It seems to me Icke has embraced an echo chamber of his own conspiratorial community on the internet which is as rigid about its beliefs as any religious cult, and will not tolerate anyone pointing out any flaws in his arguments, as the report above illustrates.

Yes...when someone gets into a belief system they tend to be very defensive about it.
The same attitude used to pervade the 'Billy' Meier 'cult' a few years back. I used to post on a ufo forum where one of the main Meier proponents came and had some major arguments with us about how we all didn't understand Meier, his 'aliens' were real, and what a great man he was ,,,...It was definitely in the realm of religious fanaticism imo.

Would that be Michael Horn? I think he showed up on an earlier FTMB but didn't stick around for long.

On another message board he got all aggressive at me and accused me of setting up an extra account just to challenge him.

The older I get, the less I can be bothered to even engage with these sorts of people. I'd rather just look at cats on printers.

Would that be Michael Horn? I think he showed up on an earlier FTMB but didn't stick around for long.

On another message board he got all aggressive at me and accused me of setting up an extra account just to challenge him.

The older I get, the less I can be bothered to even engage with these sorts of people. I'd rather just look at cats on printers.

I sometimes have a look at the David Icke forum and never seen so many closed minds. Every plane crash or terrorist event is denounced as a hoax within minutes of it being announced. There is even a thread claiming that bus crashes are faked by some mysterious agency.

I've been tempted to comment but what's the point?

Yes....it was indeed Michael Horn...thanks for recalling his name. He was a fanatic about defending everything Meier did or said- even the ridiculous things that clearly showed fakery.
He was arguing with us for days and finally he left when things got out of hand and the mods stepped in.
I'm sure the Meier case has been discussed to death here but I find it a fascinating example of a modern alien contactee case with all the bells and whistles.

cat-sleeping-on-printer.jpg

I recently watched a David Icke presentation on Youtube. I was bored and wanted something to watch while eating my beans and toast.
It was surprisingly well argued and got me thinking. I can see how some people believe him - he didn't seem all that mental at all.

There are times when he talks plenty of sense and other times when he talks absolute bobbins.

I recently watched a David Icke presentation on Youtube. I was bored and wanted something to watch while eating my beans and toast.
It was surprisingly well argued and got me thinking. I can see how some people believe him - he didn't seem all that mental at all.

I just saw him speak for six hours (and missed six more!) and was mostly fairly entertained. I was there to write an article, and I certainly wouldn't have stayed as long otherwise, but if it cost 10 bucks to see him, I would have stayed a while.

I think, as an American, the accent helps a bit. American accents are usually more grating. But he's good a likable style and presentation. And it's pure nonsense, but he's got it all fitting together in this artful, loony painting. By the end, I was incredibly exhausted, and most of the crowd that I had seen when I arrived was still there. It was a little eerie.

Also, I chatted with Jon Ronson before the Icke thing, and Ronson still doesn't think Icke is mentally ill, or that he's a scam artist. Which sort of limits the answer as to what Icke IS.

Also, I chatted with Jon Ronson before the Icke thing, and Ronson still doesn't think Icke is mentally ill, or that he's a scam artist. Which sort of limits the answer as to what Icke IS.
An entertaining after-dinner speaker?

Mental illness isn't required for someone to develop a self-supporting delusion. It's pretty much the normal process of human reasoning, to a greater or lesser degree.

Mental illness isn't required for someone to develop a self-supporting delusion. It's pretty much the normal process of human reasoning, to a greater or lesser degree.

That sounds right to me....he doesn't have to be 'mentally ill' to have some wrong ideas (delusions...) about aliens, etc.
And I'm not sure how Ronson would know for certain that he's not doing this to make a dollar. Are he and Ronson close friends...? If not it wouldn't be that hard to fool others.
But it does amaze me that anyone could truly believe that some humans are shape shifting reptilian aliens....all it would take is a simple dna test to show the truth and it would not be that hard to get dna from some of the people he has singled out.

Last edited:
What was Ronson doing at an Icke gig? Is he writing about him too?

I think Ronson's already written about him, hasn't he? I seem to recall a chapter and TV documentary about activists accusing Icke of anti-Semitism and Ronson pointing out that when Icke talked about shape-shifting reptilian aliens, that's what he was actually on about, not code words for the Jews (!).

The only books by Ronson I read was Them and The Men Who Stare At Goats....has he addressed the ufo fringe in other books...?

Back