• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dreams That Have Come True

We really ought to open a thread for any dreams that readers think may be prophetic.
Then, if a subsequent news story matches the description closely, we would have documented evidence of precognition.
great idea, since without the document post-dream and pre-actual event i dont see how a dream can be held up as truly prophetic ... only retrospectively prophetic

great idea, since without the document post-dream and pre-actual event i dont see how a dream can be held up as truly prophetic ... only retrospectively prophetic

We have a more-or-less annual one asking for predictions for the New Year. I posted on it some years ago about a dream I had wherein a radio announcer gave the news that Tom Jones had died after a short illness.

Thank goodness, he's still going strong! :D

Funny this thread has been revived just now, because the Mad Harrasser I mentioned on the previous page has just this week decided to press charges against the man who punched him. Over a year later, for heaven's sake. But enough about him. I came here to report something I discovered written in one of my old journals.

Back in the Autumn of 2001, not too long before the presidential election, I had a peculiar dream. In it, my husband and I had gone to hear Bill Clinton make a speech. He was on the stump for Hillary, who was running for president. We went to the appointed place, an old building made of yellow stone.The weather was grey and gloomy. There was a huge crowd, but somehow we ended up at the front - we guessed it was because we were liberals in a conservative crowd. The speech was held outdoors, in front of the stone building.

I'd forgotten about this dream, but was shocked when I read it, because 7 years later, during primary season, Bill Clinton had come to our town on the stump for Hillary. We had gone to hear him speak. The weather was grey and gloomy. There was a huge crowd but limited seating in the auditorium. Even though we were in back of an insanely long line, we were guided into the building. We guessed it was because they could tell we were actual potential voters, not just rubberneckers like much of the crowd. As it happened, there were so many people that they decided to move the rally outdoors, in front of the building.

I'd written an account if this 2008 event in a journal also, and comparing them, was amazed by how close the dream came to reality. The one big difference was the type of building it was. In the dream, it was more like an old castle, while in reality it was a new Southwestern style building. They were both yellow, though.

I do recall having this dream once I was reminded, but can't recall what I thought about the concept of Hillary running for Prez. Did it seem silly back then? Or just natural, something you might expect? That, I can't remember at all.

The time delay in dreams "coming true" is intriguing and frustrating. I frequently report dreams that come true within a day or two, occasionally a week..but the rest I ignore and assume to be shaped more by the past or psychological symbolism etc. However how can we be sure that every one of them isn't in fact of the future...we've just long forgotten the dream when the matching event occurs. Especially if the event is perfectly trivial.

I felt like I'd woken up within a dream to see a gray alien standing a few feet in front of me holding a stick. There was a trail of sticks on the floor which I followed with my eyes and they led to a crucifix made from bundles of these sticks. There was a man wearing a white loincloth on it and it was put into my head that "It's Johnny." Because I liked Johnny Vegas at the time I assumed it was him, even though the guy was a bit plump but nowhere near as big as JV.

I walked to the foot of the cross and stood looking up at him. I was aware there were many other people on crosses throughout this vast gray structure we were in. As I stood there a ring of fire shot up around us and through the flames I could see that each of the other crosses was circled by a ring of fire too. I felt such sadness and thought "He's being crucified in Hell" but wasn't afraid because I was aware I didn't belong there, I was just there to observe.

As I looked at him I felt flooded with compassion and in a split second went from standing at the foot of the cross to floating in front of him, just inches from his face. It was so sudden I didn't have time to adjust my focal point so was looking close up at an unshaven, blotchy and spotty chin. I put my hand out intending to stroke his face and ask "How can I help you?"

Before I had a chance to say this out loud or make contact he moved his head to look at me and for the first time I got to see his whole twisted, hate-filled face and blazing demonic eyes. It wasn't Johnny Vegas, it was my ex boyfriend Johnny, who I hadn't seen for a couple of years in real life. He snarled "Keep away or I'll drag you down here with me!" The shock was so intense I woke up as I was in the process of turning away from him and was swearing and gasping for breath!

The next day I was walking down the road and glanced up to see a couple walking slowly in front of me. As I was putting my head back down the guy turned his head to talk to the woman and grabbed my attention because his chin was identical to the one in my dream, a couple of days beard growth and spots and blotches in the same place. I noted that his nose was the same as Johnny's but glancing at his bottom decided it wasn't him because this guy was quite plump, and Johnny hadn't been. Satisfied it wasn't him, and just a couple of paces from catching them up, I was putting my head down again when I glanced at the woman. It was his mother! It was Johnny, but I wouldn't have recognised him on his own because of the weight gain.

My reaction was the same as in the dream, turning to walk away while gasping and swearing under my breath in shock. If it hadn't been for the dream I wouldn't have realized it was them until I'd caught them up, and then I would've been friendly because I liked his mother. That would have been all he'd have needed to get his hooks into me again.

It was a prophetic dream that set me up with the f***er in the first place.

Funny this thread has been revived just now, because the Mad Harrasser I mentioned on the previous page has just this week decided to press charges against the man who punched him. Over a year later, for heaven's sake. But enough about him. I came here to report something I discovered written in one of my old journals.

Back in the Autumn of 2001, not too long before the presidential election, I had a peculiar dream. In it, my husband and I had gone to hear Bill Clinton make a speech. He was on the stump for Hillary, who was running for president. We went to the appointed place, an old building made of yellow stone.The weather was grey and gloomy. There was a huge crowd, but somehow we ended up at the front - we guessed it was because we were liberals in a conservative crowd. The speech was held outdoors, in front of the stone building.

I'd forgotten about this dream, but was shocked when I read it, because 7 years later, during primary season, Bill Clinton had come to our town on the stump for Hillary. We had gone to hear him speak. The weather was grey and gloomy. There was a huge crowd but limited seating in the auditorium. Even though we were in back of an insanely long line, we were guided into the building. We guessed it was because they could tell we were actual potential voters, not just rubberneckers like much of the crowd. As it happened, there were so many people that they decided to move the rally outdoors, in front of the building.

I'd written an account if this 2008 event in a journal also, and comparing them, was amazed by how close the dream came to reality. The one big difference was the type of building it was. In the dream, it was more like an old castle, while in reality it was a new Southwestern style building. They were both yellow, though.

I do recall having this dream once I was reminded, but can't recall what I thought about the concept of Hillary running for Prez. Did it seem silly back then? Or just natural, something you might expect? That, I can't remember at all.

2001? :p

I think this was an example of genuine precognition, it can come to you as a thought when awake that has been "placed" in the mind, in your case it happened when asleep. So you have the ability to perceive the future but probably only sporadically and occasionally, not an ability you can turn on and off on demand.

Last night dreamt I'm in Washington with a (south asian) friend , we get separated and I try calling him to say I can see our destination, "the Washington monument" from where I am and will meet him there. The Washington monument were the words in the dream but the visual was in fact the white dome of the Capitol building visible from behind the regular buildings in front of it.

I already guessed this was in fact a disguised reference to my trip to Rome next week with a different asian friend. He wants to make a side trip to see the tower of Pisa. So I googled it just now to see if it's open these days. The photo and accompanying text that came up is....Interesting.

upload_2017-1-17_19-10-31.png

Do I claim the following as a hit? Yesterday morning about 7am I texted a friend to say I'd just dreamt I was trying to text him to be the first with the news that Jack Nicholson was dead. I noted however, hedging my bets, that though visually it was Jack N, in the dream I thought I was saying the name of Jim Carey. So if either one of these two movie stars were to go in the next day or so t would obviously be a direct hit.

I woke this morning same time, glance at my phone and found the news John Hurt was dead. I inevitably sent it to the aformentioned friend.

Now I did not dream of the death of John Hurt, and its also true to say there is no longer anything surprising about a big name celebrity dying in any given week.

However a movie star beginning with a J dying 24 hours after the dream is tempting to claim as the inspiration for the dream. Frustrating if it was. But if it was it may shed some sympathetic light on mediums purportedly grasping for initials and similar sounding names.

I had a sort-of prophetic dream involving Christine Keeler once. I was looking at a newspaper and there was a picture of a man in it but I didn't know who he was. Other people looked at the photo and were saying "oh yes, that is the man who shot Christine Keeler". I wasn't aware that she had been shot but didn't want to look ignorant so didn't say anything.

Back in real life the next day. We went to a talk on Lee Harvey Oswald and the shooting of JFK. As part of the talk our speaker had an interesting anecdote. At the time he used to drink in the same bar as Christine Keeler but she only ever spoke to him once. To tell him that JFK had just been shot. Now okay, it is a little bit nebulous but the closest I had ever come to dreaming of the future.

As an aside, our speaker was a keen dreamer and recorded all his dreams in scores of journals. He felt it was possible to dream of the future and thought he had done so a few times. Of course I told him about my dream!

I had a sort-of prophetic dream involving Christine Keeler once. I was looking at a newspaper and there was a picture of a man in it but I didn't know who he was. Other people looked at the photo and were saying "oh yes, that is the man who shot Christine Keeler". I wasn't aware that she had been shot but didn't want to look ignorant so didn't say anything.

Back in real life the next day. We went to a talk on Lee Harvey Oswald and the shooting of JFK. As part of the talk our speaker had an interesting anecdote. At the time he used to drink in the same bar as Christine Keeler but she only ever spoke to him once. To tell him that JFK had just been shot. Now okay, it is a little bit nebulous but the closest I had ever come to dreaming of the future.

As an aside, our speaker was a keen dreamer and recorded all his dreams in scores of journals. He felt it was possible to dream of the future and thought he had done so a few times. Of course I told him about my dream!

It wasn't this man in your dream was it? He shot the famous photo of Christine Keeler http://www.lewismorley.com/biog.htm

I was meaning photos of him as he would have looked at the time in the 60s but thanks for trying anyway! I can't rule it out at least. The dream was a few years ago now so less than fresh in my mind but it was a head and shoulders portrait of a dark haired, smiling man.

Had a weird one recently. Dreamed that I was holding a tiny foetus in my hand and examining it. It looked like a butter bean. I mentioned this on the other dream thread, where I put it down to buying canned butter beans on special offer!

What I didn't add was that in the dream I was thinking 'This can't be X's grandchild as her daughter's just had her baby, so why do I feel so sure it would have been X's grandchild?'

Next day I was talking to X's other daughter, who told me that she had lost a pregnancy early on a few years ago. I'd had no idea about this. Mad, eh.

It's difficult to visualise that a 19 year old nearly brought down a government.

To be fair, she didn't do that single-handed! It was more the tip of an iceberg of intrigue and corruption that was inconveniently exposed when she was 'discovered' to be bouncing between various older men, all happy to be sexually exploiting a 19 year-old.

To be fair, she didn't do that single-handed! It was more the tip of an iceberg of intrigue and corruption that was inconveniently exposed when she was 'discovered' to be bouncing between various older men, all happy to be sexually exploiting a 19 year-old.
Her life story is rather sad, she was pretty much abused and neglected most of her life.

It is indicative that the narrative is still "a 19 year old nearly brought down a government", whereas it really ought to be '"corrupt, venal dirty old men exposed in government, who are unfit for office".

I dreamed last night that I was talking to Peter Capaldi about his last days as Doctor Who. They were filming him regenerating, and after the regeneration sequence Jodie Whitaker (I think that's her name) was trying to talk, with lots of throat clearing and finding her voice odd.

Guess I'll have to wait a bit to find out if that's how it goes...

It's only recently I've discovered I may have had a precognitive dream back in mid-December, 2004. It was a truly frightening dream that I wrote down in my diary at the time.

The dream concerned a very pretty young college student named Nona in the days just before Christmas. I didn't know her, but with that strange perspective you get in dreams, I could see her going about her life, spending time with friends and so forth. I could also see there was a man, a neighbor of hers, watching her with bad intent. The most distinctive thing about him was his strawberry-blonde hair. She's nervous of this man, but tries to put her worries aside. The atmosphere in the dream was foggy, with an overhanging sense of dread.

Next, I see a view of her apartment, a brown and pink brick façade. There is a string of Christmas lights and some outdoor equipment out front. The words "No Skol Nona" are spray-painted across the brick, and I know this means the girl has been murdered, and her body is inside. There is an air of utter hopelessness.

When I woke from this dream, I was really spooked. It felt like a warning. It was just before Christmas, and we lived around a lot of college girls (though none were named Nona). I kept a wary eye on everyone until the holidays passed, just in case. It was the kind of dream that makes you worry.

Even if nothing from the nightmare had come to pass, it still stood out among my dreams as an especially scary one.

However, not too long ago I learned about the murder of Nona Dirksmeyer, a college student in Russellville, Arkansas. She was found dead in her apartment on December 15, 2005. There were two suspects - her boyfriend, and a male neighbor who had a history of assaulting women. It seems she had had a few run-ins with this neighbor. The physical evidence was badly mishandled, so first the boyfriend was tried and acquitted, then the neighbor was tried (twice) and also acquitted, with a hung jury both times.

Recently, the neighbor has been arrested again on charges that he tried to kidnap several women in Russellville.
There's a video here of the suspect, and it's notable that he has strawberry-blonde hair.
https://www.thv11.com/article/news/...dnapping-attempt-in-russellville/91-621128731

There's also a brief glimpse of Nona Dirksmeyer's apartment in that video, and it squares with what I saw in the dream, except for the spray-painted words.

It troubles me that I had this dream almost exactly one year before the murder. I don't really believe in fate, and I'd really hate to think such a thing were fated. But the dream is so similar.

i've never figured out what "No Skol Nona" meant to my dreaming mind, but it never fails to give me the creeps.

Interesting account, and thanks for the detailed write-up.

... i've never figured out what "No Skol Nona" meant to my dreaming mind, but it never fails to give me the creeps.

It occurred to me that 'skol' (as written) means 'school' in Swedish. (Norwegian and Danish: 'skole')

At the risk of sounding flippant ... It then occurred to me that Nona was a college student and may have been in or entering a Xmas break in December. Another thought was school closure due to bad weather. However, the Weather Underground data for Russellville doesn't seem to indicate any significant snowfall or even freezing temperatures in December 2004.

Maybe 'Nona' was a non-name word your dreaming mind associated with the figure in the dream. See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nona

... for widely known uses of the word / name.

I notice there's a late 1970's short story by Stephen King, and 'Nona' is one of the church terms for the ninth hour prayers (rarely mentioned, but still part of liturgy).

Interesting account, and thanks for the detailed write-up.

It occurred to me that 'skol' (as written) means 'school' in Swedish. (Norwegian and Danish: 'skole')

At the risk of sounding flippant ... It then occurred to me that Nona was a college student and may have been in or entering a Xmas break in December. Another thought was school closure due to bad weather. However, the Weather Underground data for Russellville doesn't seem to indicate any significant snowfall or even freezing temperatures in December 2004.

Maybe 'Nona' was a non-name word your dreaming mind associated with the figure in the dream. See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nona

... for widely known uses of the word / name.

I notice there's a late 1970's short story by Stephen King, and 'Nona' is one of the church terms for the ninth hour prayers (rarely mentioned, but still part of liturgy).

Interesting, EnolaGaia. I didn't realize skol meant school in Swedish. The dream did concern the time period when the college broke for the holidays, which was what was happening IRl at the time (one of the reasons I was spooked, because it seemed so immediate).
Since the word is more or less a Scandinavian version of "cheers" I thought it might be an association with holiday toasts. So maybe a combination - no school, no holidays, no toasts to good health.

Odd the way the unconscious decides to phrase things.

The toast 'Skol!' (as typically rendered in English) is used throughout the Nordic countries.

It's only in Sweden that 'skol' is the spelling for the noun 'school'. It's also widely used in Finland, where Swedish is the official second language.

Another thing occurred to me ... Does the name 'Winona' have any significance for you (or would have had, back in 2004)? I've been acquainted with two Winonas (friends of friends) who were sometimes addressed as 'Nona'.

Back