• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Worst Movie EVER?

I've never met anyone with fond childhood memories of The Power Rangers .. my fuzziest memories of it was lots of blokes in primary colour outfits and motorcycle helmets jumping off camera shots a lot when we all rolled in from nightclubs to finally try and work out what we were watching on screen ... but we're getting the film anyway apparently .. FFS .. they seem to have taken the radical and never before used step of using computer generated images as well .. a generic lazy trailer look that like, you know has soooo got wise beyond there years teens and stuff .. I'm biased because I'm middle aged but, like, and ? .. still ?

Last edited:
I never "got" Power Rangers at all. To be honest, I haven't ever put much effort in, but on the odd occasion I've caught the show, it seemed to be two different programmes spliced crudy together - a tedious teen drama, and some characters in dayglo motorcycle outfits fighting some ludicrous creature(s). In my limited experience, it was never clear how the two were connected, or more importantly, what the actual fuck was going on.

Never mind. I bet the film will be brilliant.

i have fond memories of watching a power rangers wild force VHS with fortean apprentice in amongst all the scooby doos and top cats when she was about 3, maybe 4 ... we still have a power rangers bath towel in fact ... the dayglo motorcycle stunts/teen drama is exactly on the money ... very obvious stuff really ... but the kids loved it

ps. i can confirm that chicks were also involved
Women aren't chickens dude .. and dudes aren't amiable Americans .. and dudes are actually camels vaginas .. (look it up, I'm not lying)

I never saw much of the TV show, but in the West Power Rangers was a Battle of the Planets-style mix of original Japanese footage and American-made inserts to make it more acceptable to non-Asian audiences. Cheap and profitable.

I did see both the original movies, and the first one is quite good fun, silly but amusing. I watched it in a double bill with Tank Girl and PR won hands down. Basically it's your martial arts and kaiju combination stretching back to stuff like Ultraman. I'm sure undemanding younglings will like it fine.

I am waiting to see if the Power Rangers movie will be the 21st Century of Plan 9 From Outer Space, just in colour and with better(ish) special effects...

I'll watch 'Let Me Die A Woman' again .. that just how much I hated 'Mamma Mia'

Swifty, I hate to say it, but you're wrong on Mamma Mia. It's not the sort of film I'd choose to watch, but having sat through it twice with (female, natch) family members, I can honestly say that I look forward to certain moments, such as Pierce Brosnan singing "SOS", or Julie Walters belting out "Take a Chance on Me". Those moments are few and far between, and the film is intensely silly and ultimately pointless, but worst ever? Nah.

Choosing "worst film" candidates has become like shooting fish in a barrel since the expansion of Freeview and the proliferation of channels such as "Movies for Men" (now Sony something), "True Entertainment" and, dare I say it, "The Horror Channel". I thought it was time to select something different...

Most of you will be aware of the selection of DVDs at Poundland - I believe that they're re-packaged "as new" via someone like Music Magpie. You can get some pretty decent films there, but also some dross. Spotted in a Poundland only yesterday:

ZDVDs.jpg

2 for the price of... well, 2. Apologies for the picture quality - I was far too self-conscious to take my time over snapping these. You'll notice that Raiders of the Lost Shark has the taglines "The perfect so-bad-it's awesome movie" and "even Indiana Jones can't get out of this one!". Hmm... while Sharknado 2 ("the second one", "shark happens" stars Ian Ziering, who I'm fairly sure I don't remember from the Oscars.

I haven't bought these, let alone watched them, but nonetheless, I thought they both belonged here.

Swifty, I hate to say it, but you're wrong on Mamma Mia. It's not the sort of film I'd choose to watch, but having sat through it twice with (female, natch) family members, I can honestly say that I look forward to certain moments, such as Pierce Brosnan singing "SOS", or Julie Walters belting out "Take a Chance on Me". Those moments are few and far between, and the film is intensely silly and ultimately pointless, but worst ever? Nah.
I agree. Watching Pierce Brosnan trying to sing is sheer entertainment value.

Choosing "worst film" candidates has become like shooting fish in a barrel since the expansion of Freeview and the proliferation of channels such as "Movies for Men" (now Sony something), "True Entertainment" and, dare I say it, "The Horror Channel". I thought it was time to select something different...

Most of you will be aware of the selection of DVDs at Poundland - I believe that they're re-packaged "as new" via someone like Music Magpie. You can get some pretty decent films there, but also some dross. Spotted in a Poundland only yesterday:

View attachment 4001

2 for the price of... well, 2. Apologies for the picture quality - I was far too self-conscious to take my time over snapping these. You'll notice that Raiders of the Lost Shark has the taglines "The perfect so-bad-it's awesome movie" and "even Indiana Jones can't get out of this one!". Hmm... while Sharknado 2 ("the second one", "shark happens" stars Ian Ziering, who I'm fairly sure I don't remember from the Oscars.

I haven't bought these, let alone watched them, but nonetheless, I thought they both belonged here.
But your two pictured films were intentionally shitty ... Mamma Mia ? .. A previously sexually happily promiscuous lady has managed to buy a very expensive looking villa somehow .. let's not worry about how .. for no good reason she contacts all the blokes she shagged around that time and they actually decide to spend money to visit her at her expensive villa .. let's not worry why .. so all these blokes hang around at her villa .. everyone takes turns singing ABBA songs (as you do) and then we eventually learn who is the real father (again never explained how) and then they sing a bit more ABBA .. and then the real father ends up coming up with "Hey! .. don't worry guys ! .. we can all be her dad ! :)" .. yeah .. right .. of course that would happen ..

Natural paternal instincts or not, these guys are fighting to have the chance to pay child support agency payments to someone they once had sex with ............. whilst singing ABBA songs. If you don't believe me, ask French and Saunders ..

Last edited:
Hey, I didn't say it was a good film... !

As for the other films, I can't accept the excuse of being intentionally shitty. Trying to be crap is neither big nor clever, and it's cetainly in no way ironic.

On the other hand, it's a game of opinions, and we're not going to fall out over which terrible film is slightly worse than another!

Hey, I didn't say it was a good film... !

As for the other films, I can't accept the excuse of being intentionally shitty. Trying to be crap is neither big nor clever, and it's cetainly in no way ironic.

On the other hand, it's a game of opinions, and we're not going to fall out over which terrible film is slightly worse than another!
We are if you liked 50 Shades Of Grey (just kidding Peripart) .. I thought the film was dire but I watched it with low expectations already .. I wanted to give it a chance .. I love John Oliver's review of it : "It was so boring my penis yawned" ...

Last edited:
Anti-Baftas: the 22 worst British films of all time...

1. Konga (aka I Was a Teenage Gorilla) (1961)

konga-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqRp36Ti1MFCYr8PMuS2fHb17hoDUspm84EYl8tHPMRlk.jpg

Konga, aka I Was a Teenage Gorilla
“Fantastic!” cries the star of this early Sixties King Kong rip-off. “There’s a huge monster gorilla that's constantly growing to outlandish proportions loose in the streets!” Mad botanist Michael Gough is responsible for the beast’s creation, having conducted some dubious experiments on a chimpanzee; the result is the sight of London – which bears a remarkable resemblance to Croydon High Street – being laid to waste by a stuntman in a second-hand gorilla costume.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2016/04/14/anti-baftas-the-22-worst-british-films-of-all-time/

Konga's not great, but no way is it anywhere near the worst film ever. Fact! (According to my opinion, obviously!)

Back