• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

'Low Strangeness' Disappearances (Missing Persons; Runaways; Crime-Related)

One unconfirmed account of bad practice at Honington. ARRSE is usually a pretty good barometer of feeling in the military, (being a "grrr..." site for Toms to vent) but it can't be ruled out that this might be a Tom with a grudge who's just stirring. But if true, this story points to bad supervision, bad promotion, incompetent or just can't=be=bothered senior NCO's, and hints at a culture of bullying by bad or over-promoted NCO's who are condoned or actively protected by the machine. Also that the Army's military police appear to have a presence there too, which points to a confused chain of command, always bad news for effective management. See what you think:

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/mpgs-raf-honington.124422/

A new angle?
Corrie Mckeague: Missing airman 'due to become a father'
9 January 2017

Missing RAF serviceman Corrie Mckeague is due to become a father, his girlfriend has told the BBC.
Mr Mckeague, from Fife, vanished after a night out in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, on 24 September.

April Oliver, 21, had been in a relationship with the 23-year-old, who is based at nearby RAF Honington.
Ms Oliver, who discovered she was expecting his child two weeks after his disappearance, said: "I've had to make a massive decision by myself."
"I was hoping and praying that he'd come back so we could make the decision together," personal trainer Miss Oliver, from Norfolk, added.

Mr Mckeague did not know his girlfriend was expecting before he vanished. She discovered the news in October.
The pair, who met via a dating site, had been together for about five months before Mr Mckeague went missing.

Miss Oliver described him as an "absolute gentleman".
"He's just the sweetest and most outgoing person I've ever known," she told BBC Look East.
"There is nothing I would love more than for him to walk through the door and say 'I'm back'."

Miss Oliver said she was on holiday in America when Mr Mckeague went missing, but returned to the UK as soon as she heard the news.
"I was concerned," she added. "I knew it was out of character. I was quite worried."

She said she decided to speak about her pregnancy so that she could focus on looking after herself and her baby without any intrusion.
"Most people only tell their close friends but I'm faced with a decision where I need to tell near enough the whole UK.
"It's hard and it's going to add another level of stress I don't really need but it's something that has to be done," said Miss Oliver.

Mr Mckeague's mother, Nicola Urquhart, went with Miss Oliver for the scan.
She said: "It's incredibly difficult to bounce my head from the excitement of a new baby to what we're actually trying to focus on, which is finding Corrie."

Mr Mckeague, from Dunfermline, was last seen on CCTV walking alone in Bury St Edmunds at 03:24 BST.
A team of private investigators, paid for by online crowdfunding, began inquiries on behalf of the family to complement the Suffolk Police investigation on Friday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-38559686

Corrie Mckeague: Phone found in missing airman probe
  • 2 hours ago
  • From the sectionSuffolk
_91454570_corrie_mckeague.jpg
Image copyrightSUFFOLK CONSTABULARY
Image captionCorrie Mckeague, 23, went missing after a night out in Bury St Edmunds
A phone has been found close to where the last signal from a missing airman's mobile was detected.

Corrie Mckeague, from Fife, vanished after a night out in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, on 24 September.

The 23-year-old's Nokia was tracked from Bury to Barton Mills, but was not found.

Suffolk Police said it was now investigating whether a device found in Barton Mills was linked to airman's disappearance.

LIVE: For more on this and other Suffolk stories

On Monday, it was revealed how Mr Mckeague was due to become a father.

_93324515_e4f375e7-a554-45a5-84de-584155f22219.jpg
Image copyrightAPRIL OLIVER
Image captionApril Oliver said she found out she was pregnant weeks after Mr Mckeague went missing
_93155752_d30abd52-0c02-412b-82c3-2e8241bd11b0.jpg
Image captionMr Mckeague was last seen at about 03:20 BST on 24 September
Forbes McKenzie, of McKenzie Intelligence Services which was brought in to assist the search, said the whereabouts of Mr Mckeague's telephone was "key".

Mr McKenzie said: "Where the phone finished is indicative of where Corrie last was.

"I'm very interested in what other phones were co-located with Corrie's phone."

Mr Mckeague's Nokia Lumia 435 phone is thought to have been in a black PVC case which was frayed and worn around the edges.

It is not yet clear whether the phone found in Barton Mills, while understood to be a Nokia, is the same model as Mr Mckeague's.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-38568194

Corrie Mckeague: New CCTV images released in airman hunt
  • 1 hour ago
_93559021_cctvimages1.jpg
Image copyrightSUFFOLK POLICE
Image captionPolice have renewed appeals to identify individuals captured in Bury St Edmunds on CCTV
Police investigating the disappearance of an airman have renewed appeals to trace six individuals seen on CCTV on the morning he went missing.

Corrie Mckeague, from Fife, vanished from Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, on 24 September.

Officers have located images of the individuals, believed to the same people shown in previously-released images, who are yet to be identified.

The images were captured in the market town between 03:15 and 05:20 BST.

On Monday, it emerged Mr Mckeague is due to become a father.

The 23-year-old, who is based at nearby RAF Honington, was last seen at about 03:25 BST at a loading bay area known as the "horseshoe".

He was seen walking alone after a night out with friends from the airbase.

_93559024_cctv2.jpg
Image captionAll of the individuals captured on CCTV were seen in Bury St Edmunds between 03:15 and 05:20 on 24 September
More than 1,000 hours of CCTV footage has been looked at since his disappearance.

Suffolk Police said they wanted those captured in the images to get in touch.

Det Supt Katie Elliott said: "It should be stressed that these are just potential witnesses and it's possible they may not be aware that they may be able to assist.

"We need to identify all those on the released images as we are trying to rule out all possibilities and therefore we do need to speak to you."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-38613992

Dogs trained to sniff out bodies search for missing RAF airman Corrie McKeague
Mum of the serviceman reveals Cadaver dogs are now being used in the search to find her missing son.
She posted the comment after receiving inquiries from concerned supporters on the page which has more than 100,000 members. Also posting on the page Mrs Urquhart said that a lorry with a large TV screen displaying pictures of Corrie and CCTV images of people police still want to speak to would be driven around Bury St Edmunds.

MAIN-Corrie-McKeague-new-CCTV-missing-RAF-man.jpg

Police are renewing appeals to trace the people seen on CCTV (Photo: Sussex Police)
She said: “This is something that we are working together with Suffolk Police MIT (Major Investigations Team) so that we can get all images of every person still unidentified out to those that maybe don’t have access to internet.

“The details of where and when will be provided as soon as we have them all confirmed.”

Corrie has been missing since disappearing after a night out in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, on 24 September.

PROD-Nicola-Urquhart.jpg

Corrie's mum Nicola (Photo: PA)
Last week week Nicola Urquhart made an appeal for her son’s return in an interview with Phillip Schofield and Davina McCall on ITV’s This Morning.

Choking up, Nicola said: “I realise as each day goes by the chances of him being alive are slim but without someone saying he is, I’m not giving up.

“Someone could be holding him, but, if they are, the public support is amazing.”

JS108797951.jpg

Distraught April Oliver found out she was pregnant shortly after her boyfriend disappeared
p:nth-last-of-type(3)","sizes":[[300,250],[300,254],[9,4]],"hideOnSensitiveArticle":true,"relativePos":"before","additionalClass":"in-article","name":"div-gpt-ad-in-article-slot","type":"inArticleMPU"}" data-response-start="4229.445" data-type="gpt" data-google-query-id="CI60ncPextECFVWB7QodblAA1w" data-response-end="24769.685" style="background: transparent; border: 0px; margin-bottom: 24px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; overflow: hidden; z-index: 1; height: 250px; max-height: 250px;">
It also emerged that Corrie’s girlfriend April Oliver, 21, is pregnant with his child.

Miss Oliver said Corrie did not know about the baby which is due in late spring or early summer.

Corrie is originally from Fife in Scotland and moved down to Suffolk to live at RAF Honington where he worked as a gunner and team medic in the air force.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/dogs-trained-sniff-out-bodies-9631768

There are a couple of threads on Reddit which throw a new light on Corrie McKeague's disappearance:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TrueCrimeDiscussion/comments/5oelmh/corrie_mckeague_swingers_profiles/

https://www.reddit.com/r/TrueCrimeD...ague_and_the_running_man_a_uk_cctv/?limit=500

I feel very sorry for the family, they have tried their best to get the public on board in the search to find him but the fact that he and his girlfriend were active on a swingers site is going to give the papers a field day.

So, is the baby his then?
And, have they dragged the river?

There are a couple of threads on Reddit which throw a new light on Corrie McKeague's disappearance:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TrueCrimeDiscussion/comments/5oelmh/corrie_mckeague_swingers_profiles/

https://www.reddit.com/r/TrueCrimeD...ague_and_the_running_man_a_uk_cctv/?limit=500

I feel very sorry for the family, they have tried their best to get the public on board in the search to find him but the fact that he and his girlfriend were active on a swingers site is going to give the papers a field day.

Yep, and it's going to bring more tourists and timewasters onto that site, making it even more difficult to find people to play with, FFS!

Missing airman Corrie McKeague's mum to launch own search mission after hitting out at cops
PC Nicola Urquhart will be joined by her husband and two sons in the hunt for him along with more than 100 volunteers complete with drones and dogs trained to find bodies.

BYRECORD REPORTER
  • 06:00, 22 JAN 2017
NEWS
JS108111010.jpg

Corrie McKeague has been missing since September (Photo: SWNS)
Get Daily updates directly to your inbox
+ Subscribe
The police officer mum of missing airman Corrie McKeague is to launch her own search and rescue mission after blasting investigation detectives.

PC Nicola Urquhart will be joined by her husband and two sons in the hunt for him along with more than 100 volunteers complete with drones and dogs trained to find bodies.

p:nth-of-type(2)","sizes":[[300,250],[8,8]],"hideOnSensitiveArticle":true,"relativePos":"after","additionalClass":"in-article","name":"div-gpt-ad-vip-slot","type":"VIP"}" data-response-start="22415.15" data-type="gpt" data-google-query-id="CKu5pa6n1dECFc2PGwod1PULgg" style="background: transparent; border: 0px; margin-bottom: 24px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; overflow: hidden; z-index: 1; height: 8px; max-height: 8px;">
Corrie, 23, vanished during a drunken night out eight miles from his base in September.

Detectives are now investigating the serviceman’s sex life and his membership of a swingers website.

JS108111038.jpg

Corrie's mum Nicola Urquhart (Photo: SWNS)
There has also been online speculation that he staged his own disappearance, was abducted by terrorists or murdered by a stranger.

But Nicola, 48, a family laison officer with Police Scotland, has decided to take action after criticising “strange decisions” by the Suffolk force team on the case.

She claims they failed to carry out door-to-door inquiries in the street in Bury St Edmunds where Corrie, based at RAF Honington, was last seen on CCTV.

Online swinging profile of missing RAF man Corrie McKeague revealed as police probe links to disappearance
She also says they did not search nearby empty buildings or look for his mobile phone.

Now Nicola has enlisted the help of 60 search and rescue leaders from four counties.

Yesterday Andy King, Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue chairman, said: “She has a determination to find her son, and we want to do everything we can to help her.

“It can’t be ruled out that he is deceased, so the search will include areas such as byways and country lanes where someone could have taken his body by car.”

Nicola will be joined in the unofficial hunt for Corrie by her husband David and sons Makeyan, 25, and Darroch, 21. Suffolk Police are not taking part.

The search team will include five cadaver dogs – trained to find dead bodies – and a drone team scanning rivers and waterways. There will also be 14 4x4s joining the “route and path” search.

Screen-Shot-2017-01-01-at-143227.png

Corrie McKeague looking like he doesn't have a care in the world just a month before he vanished
It will focus on remote areas in Mildenhall, Cavenham Heath and Kings Forest, close to where Corrie’s mobile phone last transmitted a signal.

It is understood Corrie’s father Martin, who split up with Nicola when their son was nine, will not be involved in the search funded by his ex-wife using cash raised via crowdfunding.

Police probe Missing RAF man Corrie McKeague's use of swinging websites over fears of links to disappearance
Martin told the Sunday Mirror: “I don’t want to be dragged into the circus. I’m still trying to get my head around everything. I just want to find my son and I’m doing the best I can. I’m just a dad who’s trying to get his son back.”

On Facebook he spoke out in support of the Suffolk Police investigation, adding: “The McKeague family stands by them as we have done from the start, and will continue to do so. We recommend that anyone who thinks they might have some clue to Corrie’s whereabouts contact the Suffolk police incident room. That’s how we’ll bring Corrie home together.”

Martin’s mother Mary and husband Oliver, from Fife, put up a £50,000 reward from their life savings as a reward for finding their grandson. Nicola’s side of the family has a separate reward.

Mary said: “We aren’t involved with the search. I don’t know anything about it. The police are doing the best they can. She [Nicola] is nothing to do with me. She’s my ex-daughter in law. She is not a McKeague.”

corrie-3.jpg

CCTV footage of RAF serviceman Corrie McKeague who went missing
Corrie was last seen wearing a light pink shirt and white jeans. He and his pregnant girlfriend April Oliver, 21, both had profiles on the Fab Swingers ‘hook up’ website. A member since 2014, he posted that he was looking for straight and lesbian couples and single women aged 18 to 60.

Among his “interests” he listed “adult parties, blindfolds, cuckolding, making videos, role play, SM (sado-masochism), spanking and threesomes.”

His list of “friends” on the site included a mixture of couples, single men and women, and transvestites.

Fab Swingers last night told the Sunday Mirror they had co-operated with police and passed them information about Corrie.

A spokesman said: “The police got in touch with our legal department regarding this case shortly after he went missing.

Corrie McKeague's mum confirms missing RAF man and his girlfriend were members of swinging club
“We passed them the information they requested. We have a robust legal process in place to deal with all similar police and law enforcement enquiries of which we receive dozens each month.

“Our legal department is kept busy dealing with these sort of issues and assist lawful enquiries day in day out with respect to a multitude of type of crimes.

“The legal department ensures that all enquiries are dealt with lawfully while respecting responsibilities under the Data Protection Act.”

JS101400781.jpg

Darroch McKeague, brother of missing Corrie McKeague (Photo: Chris Radburn/PA Wire)
Corrie also used Tinder and Plenty of Fish, where he described himself as “a princess” who was looking for a relationship.

p:nth-last-of-type(3)","sizes":[[300,250],[300,254],[9,4]],"hideOnSensitiveArticle":true,"relativePos":"before","additionalClass":"in-article","name":"div-gpt-ad-in-article-slot","type":"inArticleMPU"}" data-response-start="22415.58" data-type="gpt" data-google-query-id="CKy5pa6n1dECFc2PGwod1PULgg" data-viewable="true" style="background: transparent; border: 0px; margin-bottom: 24px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; overflow: hidden; z-index: 1; height: 250px; max-height: 250px;">
Detectives have also been handed screenshots of a page containing his image on the gay sex app Grindr, but it is unclear if it was genuine. His family have insisted he was not gay.

April, who is due to give birth to their child later this year, has said he did not know about the pregnancy before he vanished.

Anyone with any information should call Sussex Police on 01473 782019.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/missing-airman-corrie-mckeagues-mum-9669767

Corrie Mckeague: Man arrested over missing serviceman
  • 1 hour ago
Related Topics
_91400381_corrie_mckeague.jpg
Image captionCorrie McKeague is described as white, 5ft 10ins tall, of medium build, with short light brown hair
Police looking for airman Corrie Mckeague have arrested a man on suspicion of attempting to pervert the course of justice.

The 23-year-old, from Dunfermline, Fife, went missing on a night out in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, last year.

A 26-year-old man was arrested on Wednesday.

The man is not the driver of the bin lorry which collected refuse from the area where Mr Mckeague was last seen, Suffolk Police said.

He is not related to the missing gunner, who was based at RAF Honington, the force confirmed.

For the latest on this story visit our Suffolk live page

Work is continuing on a landfill site at Milton, near Cambridge, ahead of a police search, which is now likely to start in the next seven days.

_92851186__91412683_p049bd2b_976.jpg
Image captionCorrie Mckeague was caught on CCTV during the night out
Officers have issued CCTV footage of two people who were seen on foot in Brentgovel Street or the "horseshoe" area of the town, around the time of the last sighting of him.

Det Supt Katie Elliott said: "We are continuing to make progress on the investigation and we will be starting the landfill site search as soon as the preparatory work is complete.

"We have been carrying out a lot of inquiries behind the scenes and our work continues to find the truth about what happened to Corrie."

Corrie Mckeague and his mysterious disappearance

Mr Mckeague had met up with friends on 24 September before heading to a number of bars and Flex nightclub on St Andrew's Street at about 00:30 BST.

He was asked to leave half an hour later and went to Pizza Mamma Mia on St Andrew's Street North. He then took a nap for about two hours in a electrical shop doorway.

_92858174_de35-1.jpg

Image captionNicola Urquhart has previously said she has no faith Suffolk Police would find her son
At around 03:25, he walked into the "horseshoe" loading bay area.

It has been proven an individual cannot leave the area on foot without being seen on CCTV, but Mr Mckeague was not caught on camera again.

RAF Honington reported Mr Mckeague's disappearance to police on 26 September when he did not turn up to parade at 11:30.

Mr Mckeague's mother, Nicola Urquhart, has previously said she has no faith police would find him and launched a crowdfunding campaign to hire a private investigator.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-39125866

He is not related to the missing gunner, who was based at RAF Honington, the force confirmed.

Does this strike anybody as an odd statement, or a really odd question to ask which would require such a statement?

I mean, I know it's often our nearest and dearest who do us harm, but Corrie McKeague was a long way outside his home environment, and a long way from his family.

I'm sure it's nothing - it may even simply be a response to a stock question; but it has rather underlined the feeling I've had all along that McKeague's family seem a little at odds with each other.

Does this strike anybody as an odd statement, or a really odd question to ask which would require such a statement?

I mean, I know it's often our nearest and dearest who do us harm, but Corrie McKeague was a long way outside his home environment, and a long way from his family.

I'm sure it's nothing - it may even simply be a response to a stock question; but it has rather underlined the feeling I've had all along that McKeague's family seem a little at odds with each other.

That statement was probably aimed at the Find Corrie Facebook page, they have sleuthed and named a couple of people on the periphery of the case; staff from one of the bars he visited that night for example.

They haven't pitched up with flaming torches and the means to perform a lynching yet, but give them time. :(

Missing Corrie Mckeague: Mother prays he is found quickly
  • 4 hours ago