• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Walking Dead

Somebody thinking way too much about when the zombies will all just fall over instead at the end of the day ... impressive research although a bit too much 'click my like button!' ... worth watching anyway.

Well, that was probably one of the better episodes of the season - if not the best. I didn't want them to kill Aaron!

Yeah, it wasn't so bad, it pointed the way to a more interesting second half at least, which we'll get in... the new year? The bullet bit was pretty flukey, mind you, that was practically point blank range!

Well, he was a bit weasely beneath that chiselled exterior. Won't really miss him.

Back this week! Anyone watch it? Looks like the first half of this season was all groundwork, and now we're starting to get the payoff. No idea where the minister was off to, though. Actual zombie action, too (wouldn't most of them have rotted away by now?).

Back this week! Anyone watch it? Looks like the first half of this season was all groundwork, and now we're starting to get the payoff. No idea where the minister was off to, though. Actual zombie action, too (wouldn't most of them have rotted away by now?).

Yeah, I liked it. The end of the episode was promising.

We somehow managed to mess up recording the final few episodes of the last series wrong so haven't watched them. Dunno if we'll bother as I think we've lost interest. It was getting a bit samey.

We somehow managed to mess up recording the final few episodes of the last series wrong so haven't watched them. Dunno if we'll bother as I think we've lost interest. It was getting a bit samey.
The Walking Dead was great when it started, it seems to have become more of a soap opera now than horror .. we watched that shocker episode with Glenn, and a couple more then we also just lost interest after that point ..

I also lost interest in the show, if we're going to have civilisation fall around our ears, can we get more of that, rather than bickering between survivors in-between Walker attacks?

Hmm, not bad at all this week, the gears are definitely now in motion. Plus: armoured zombie! Never seen that before, just when I thought I'd seen every tired old zombie variation (unless one of the experts here knows different?).

Hmm, not bad at all this week, the gears are definitely now in motion. Plus: armoured zombie! Never seen that before, just when I thought I'd seen every tired old zombie variation (unless one of the experts here knows different?).

Haven't seen this episode yet but in Z Nation, armoured Zombies were set on people.

Dang, TWD derivative of more than Romero shock!

Finally an episode devoted to the most dynamic character in the series: Eugene?! Or is he turning into Harold from The Stand? He's certainly more dangerous now than when he first appeared.

I also lost interest in the show, if we're going to have civilisation fall around our ears, can we get more of that, rather than bickering between survivors in-between Walker attacks?

I dunno, there're only so many times you can make the point that humanity has descended into small warring factions fighting off mutated monsters who want to eat them. Once you get that point across it's all about how people get on, or not.

I dunno, there're only so many times you can make the point that humanity has descended into small warring factions fighting off mutated monsters who want to eat them. Once you get that point across it's all about how people get on, or not.

I agree, if it was just the "who gets chomped this week?" lottery show it would be a lot less interesting. We have to be able to invest in the characters, even the ones we don't like or the ones who are eventual zombie fodder (or barbed wire baseball bat fodder).

Its the way they do it!

If you're a Zombie/Post-Apocalypse Film/TV fan like me then you lap it up.

It bores me. I don't think I'll be watching it again. Zombie/Post-Apocalypse stuff, it's been done to, er, death.

It bores me. I don't think I'll be watching it again. Zombie/Post-Apocalypse stuff, it's been done to, er, death.

Maybe it's a sign of the times that it doesn't appear to be going out of fashion any time soon.

Yeah, did an English degree years ago and looked at the archetypal monsters which constantly crop up in literature and film. We need them to express things about ourselves and our society that would be unpalatable otherwise. Like Freud's dream imagery. Ghosts, vampires, Frankenstein's monster, werewolves, zombies, they're all us really.

Further to the above, here's Danai Gurira and her sociological view on TWD:

Anyway, hands up who thought Rick was doomed this week? That's right, nobody.

Anyway, hands up who thought Rick was doomed this week? That's right, nobody.

Surely they didn't expect anyone to believe that the main protagonist was a goner?! What I took from it was that Michonne was ready to give up and die if it meant life without Rick.

I dunno, they are cavalier about killing characters off, though it's true to say there's a core of them who remain.

The deer was more believable than Rick buying it.

Love the show though and will continue to watch up until the end.

Excruciatingly bad episode this week. Its ultimate aim could have been achieved in ten minutes. Instead we get such poorly scripted, nonsensical rubbish which just rambles on and on. I don't know how the actors actually manage to deliver it, especially when their character is treated with the lack of continuity you would expect from a poor sitcom.

Funny you should mention sitcoms, a friend of mine mentioned that whenever Ezekiel tells off Jerry, he's reminded of Margo Leadbetter in The Good Life. Now I can't unsee it!

Anyway, I like a good moral dilemma in this show, and all the wrestling that goes with it makes it a bit more than "find inventive ways to splatter zombies" effort, plus Lennie James is an excellent actor so I'm happy to see him get time in the limelight. Pretty satisfied with this episode.

I really wouldn't care if they didn't even bother with zombies at all in some episodes. After all, the show really is more about the conflict between those trying to stay alive. However, it looks like the penultimate episode is going to revolve around trying to get the members of Oceanside on side, which will mean the the final episode is just the start of the revolt against Neagan.
It feels like they've really taken the piss and drawn this out far too long. Personally I think we should have been at this point at the start of the second half of this season.

Back