• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I liked the incidental detail of the housekeeper of the retired major who shot himself in Boleskine House, that she threw a bit of bone to the dog. Turned out to be a bit of his skull, later the police find it & it's buried together with the rest of his body. She has a little chuckle about it.

I imagine that this is just a jape of some kind, but very interesting.

U7P666XGJNOU60MC5FMA.jpg

A CARVED wooden box may contain the secrets which unlock some of the mysteries of a notorious Highland home.

A man from Grimsby is appealing for information on the box which it is claimed was found under the floorboards of Boleskine House.

The site, previously owned by the infamous occultist Aleister Crowley and Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page, overlooks Loch Ness. It caught fire in 2015 and the previous owner of the carved wooden artefact said it was found under the floorboards of the building after the blaze.

Rik Spencer bought the item from a seller on eBay. He said: “I do collect oddities and the strange and weird – I have studied the paranormal for most of my life, but not so much witchcraft. The more I find out the more points to it being real.”

The box bears a hexagram, a six-pointed star, as well as the initials AC, is covered in melted, red wax, and has intricate carvings on the lid.

The 41-year-old said: “I feel it’s too much hard work to go to to be a fake – it’s too simplistic in the way it is.

Source: https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk...6Ag1kp1dN2BQX-yULyUl9rTLkOh2ZCdN2pwPNx1I0VPSM

Last edited by a moderator:
The wax on it looks too new, it should be more dusty even if it was under floorboards.
It looks like it melted from above and dripped on the box. If this was actually real, the wax probably melted in the fire, so would only date to 2015. Of course it could still just be a fake :)

It looks like it melted from above and dripped on the box. If this was actually real, the wax probably melted in the fire, so would only date to 2015. Of course it could still just be a fake :)
That scenario's possible but I'd still expect to see some soot in that wax? .. perhaps the box is genuine and someone cleaned it up then burned candles on it in modern times?

We need CSI: Boleskine!
The police arrested an obsessive at Boleskine House a couple of months ago.

Unwelcome visitor to infamous Boleskine House near Loch Ness tried to punch police officer​

By Court Reporter
- [email protected]
Published: 09:47, 18 August 2020
Updated: 09:48, 18 August 2020

A Greek man apparently fascinated by the self-professed 'wickedest man in the world' kept visiting the ruins of his mansion and terrorising a couple there.

Boleskine House, on the shores of Loch Ness near Foyers, suffered devastating fire damage in 2015 and again in 2019.

A foundation was set up to restore the building with Kyra and Keith Readdy living in the Old Gate House and supervising the £1.2 million restoration project.

But Inverness Sheriff Court heard that a constant visitor to the site made famous by former owner Aleister Crowley’s dabbling in black magic, was homeless drug addict and alcoholic Panagiotis Pierrakos (48).

Mr and Mrs Readdy had to involve the police and on May 15 they had had enough.

Pierrakos was seen on the old military road walking towards Boleskine House, previously owned by Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page. Because of his previous visits, police were informed.

Fiscal depute Pauline Gair told Sheriff Eilidh Macdonald: “The history of the house seems to be an attraction, especially to occultists who followed the activities of Aleister Crowley at the beginning of last century.

“The couple heard a knock at the door during the evening and Pierrakos had a jumper which had been sitting in the porch.

“Mr Readdy tried to grab it, but Pierrakos squared up to him and pushed his way in, knocking over Mrs Readdy.

“Mr Readdy managed to get him out of the house and Pierrakos made his way up to the ruins to an area known as room one where he was arrested.”

Pierrakos then twice broke bail conditions not to approach the Gate House before another incident on July 17.

Mrs Gair said he again returned to the house and stood staring in the room one area once more.

When police approached him, he threw a punch, missing one officer before he was grappled to the ground and handcuffed.

Pierrakos admitted stalking the Readdys, two charges of assault, two of bail breaches, one of police assault and resisting arrest.

Defence solicitor Natalie Paterson said her client had an alcohol and drug problem which he was keen to overcome with help.

Sentence was deferred until August 31 for an initial drug treatment assessment and Pierrakos was remanded in custody.

Source:
https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk...ch-ness-threw-punch-at-police-officer-209435/

Does anyone remember the weird little detail in one of the accounts of Crowley's rituals at the house, about how after Crowley performed part of the ritual, these strange bugs started manifesting/materialising around the floor, which he couldn't identify. Possibly this was in Confessions..?

A video I came across today on YouTube:

Boleskine House – A Dark History of Aleister Crowley's Magikal Retreat​

This presentation is about Boleskine House - on the shores of Loch Ness. Aleister Crowley - purchased Boleskine for £2,000 which was twice the market value at that time.Boleskine, he believed, provided a more favourable location for his occult practices.

He wished to conduct a series of rituals from the Book of Abramelin - a mid–15th–century manuscript of a Jewish mystical provenance that would become central to Crowley’s new religion Thelema, which he believed would help him make contact with his holy guardian angel.

Does anyone remember the weird little detail in one of the accounts of Crowley's rituals at the house, about how after Crowley performed part of the ritual, these strange bugs started manifesting/materialising around the floor, which he couldn't identify. Possibly this was in Confessions..?

Rituals my arse! I know exactly what that is. If anyone truly wants to experience the malevolent power of Legion all they need to do is stand around in a cloud of shitey wee-bastard Highland midgies on a summer morning.

Incredibly, I know someone who will have visited or maybe lived there on and off, in the mid 80s. Old uni mate was the girlfriend of the house's owner for a year or so... In those days I knew nothing of Crowley (or indeed the then-owner, although I met him once) and so didn't know to ask her about it. It was the year after we left uni and first I knew of her being with him was she turned up to an event with him and we spent an evening with them (up in the Lake District). He brought an acoustic guitar and we sang round a campfire with him, all evening. But I'd never heard of him and was utterly incurious at that age. Now I'd have bombarded him with questions about the house.

Rituals my arse! I know exactly what that is. If anyone truly wants to experience the malevolent power of Legion all they need to do is stand around in a cloud of shitey wee-bastard Highland midgies on a summer morning.
They're far worse in Autumn, even worse on the West coast regions where their wings show black bars across them they give the nastier bites, not like their cousins which just drive you mad. So are the wood-wasps, I should know I slashed into a bike just below a young pine tree that had been planted as we were clearing away the unwanted weeds etc from around the tender bark with a short hand sickle, and I finished up doing the highland dance with all the other Forestry Workers laughing their heads off. I received fifteen stings instantaneously - I was wearing a really thick red tartan shirt, no problem for them though they stung me right through it, head, neck, back, legs and arms, it left me with a nervous reaction which lasted for about three months! Definitely NOT a funny experience.

Last edited:
From the Grimm Life Collective YouTube Channel

Join us as we visit Aleister Crowley's Boleskine House near Loch Ness, Scotland. Boleskine House is known by many throughout history as Aleister Crowley's Mecca for the Occult and Dark Magic. Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page, who has had a lifetime interest in the Occult as well owned the house at one time.

Back