• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

On The Road

Hope the tooth engineering is going well, Ramon.
With all the dental work you've been having, you must have film star teeth!

Not quite!

But they are bionic!

Just the check up & cleaning, implants are fine. Dentist is happy with my dental hygiene.

Its very cold here, - 7c but with a humidity of 80% so its a wet cold. I walked in as far as the Danube (25 minutes) but retreated back to my hotel due to conditions. I didn't pick a great weekend for a visit. I was here in February last year and while cold it was drier, with Sun shining most of the time.

I've been in Liverpool for a couple of days. Stayed with a friend who lives in a street which just happens to be No. 1 on this list :

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/nostalgia/tom-slemen-liverpools-top-10-4869306

Nothing paranormal in his flat, but he is in the basement of a former hotel - he tells me a lady who was in a flat on the 2nd floor became so frightened of the place she moved out.

In the same street is this :

http://www.urban75.org/blog/the-curious-pyramidal-tomb-of-william-mackenzie-in-liverpool

which I visited and photographed - however I'm having a senior moment and can't remember how to upload photos - I'll put one up later :)

Also visited the Cavern club and about 20 pubs, which might be a better explanation for the memory loss.

I stayed in Rodney Street a few years ago; we had a vast room on the top floor of a slightly faded hotel. The en-suite bathroom had plain glass floor-to-ceiling windows, which would have been less of a problem if the vertical blinds had been all present and correct. There were old shops with storerooms above across the street and I supposed I was not overlooked as I prepared to unleash my torrent down the big white telephone.

Cue the arrival of the open-top tour bus, whose top deck was exactly level with the bathroom! :rofl:

There were old shops with storerooms above across the street and I supposed I was not overlooked as I prepared to unleash my torrent down the big white telephone.
:rofl: You have such a way with words.

I have very recently finished walking the part of the Camino de Santiago which crosses the beautiful and mysterious landscape of Galicia. Amongst the mists and forests, the amazing scenery and dramatic seascapes, I managed to get a picture of this:

Cow bath.jpg

A grey industrial looking building, on a grey, industrial looking day - So what! I hear you say.

But, on closer inspection:

Cow bath close.jpg

You have now seen a cow inside a building drinking water from a bath bolted 5 metres up the outside of that building. Your life is complete.

Back