• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Day Of Weird In London

lordmongrove

Justified & Ancient
I'm currently planning a one day, London based fortean event. It will feature speakers, film screenings, art exhibitions and a weird auction. As well as myself it's current line up has horror artist Graham Humpheries, actress Emma Dark and mistress of weird taxidermy Adele Morse. More speakers will be added soon. Currently awaiting venue information.
The event will be in October / November and cost around £5 for the whole day. Proceeds will go to the Sophie Lancaster Foundation. http://www.sophielancasterfoundation.com/

I'm currently planning a one day, London based fortean event. It will feature speakers, film screenings, art exhibitions and a weird auction. As well as myself it's current line up has horror artist Graham Humpheries, actress Emma Dark and mistress of weird taxidermy Adele Morse. More speakers will be added soon. Currently awaiting venue information.
The event will be in October / November and cost around £5 for the whole day. Proceeds will go to the Sophie Lancaster Foundation. http://www.sophielancasterfoundation.com/
Do keep us posted, I should like to pop up for that.

As well as myself it's current line up has horror artist Graham Humpheries, actress Emma Dark and mistress of weird taxidermy Adele Morse.

who is this lord mongrove character then ? i mean, in the real world ?

Is he riding Escargot? o_O

Man-Riding-a-Snail-in-a-Rodeo--127471.jpg

The venue is The North By North West Pub in Islington
http://www.northbynorthwestpub.com/home
The date is Saturday November 11th
Including talks Death By Cryptid Richard Freeman, Horror Art Graham Humphries, Sculpting the orang-pendek by Adele Morse (further to be announced).
Display of horror art.
Screening of short horror film
Charity auction of fortean and bizarre items.
More stuff to be announced as we go on.

Including talks Death By Cryptid Richard Freeman, Horror Art Graham Humphries, Sculpting the orang-pendek by Adele Morse (further to be announced).
Display of horror art.
Time?

Welsh fortean Gwilym Games has been added to the speakers. Folklore and forteana of Wales.

Welsh fortean Gwilym Games has been added to the speakers. Folklore and forteana of Wales.

Now, you've got me interested. I was going to go to the Tetzoo com for the thylacine talk, but I changed my mind when I found out more about it.

It would be great to see you there. What is wrong with the Tetzoo thylacine talk?
I'd like to make it, but it's 180 mile drive. I really wanted to come to the Weird Weekend, is that coming back?

As for the thylacine talk, I was put off by the speaker. I really mean no offence to her, or Tetzoo, which I am a huge fan of. But bluntly I don't think she's knowledgeable enough. I hate saying that, but it's what I think.

Saying that I haven't seen lumpy for a while, and I really fancy seeing the Crystal Palace dinosaurs and the site of the old North Mammal House at London Zoo, plus there's some stuff at the British Library.

Current line up (in no partucular order)
Adele Morse: Sculpting orang-pendek
Gwyllim Games: Weird Wales
Emma Dark: Her own Horror movies (and screening)
Richard Freeman: Death by Cryptid
Alan Frizwell : Working with Ray Harryhausen
Graham Humphries: Horror Art
Possibly Scott Wood if he can make it.
Other speakers to be announced.
Also charity auction of occult and fortean items 9some belters i can tell you!)

Display of horror art.

Ooh, possibly I can do this! I might have to step out for the horror sections but plenty of varied interest :) A worthy cause, too, Lordmongrove.

Provisional running order

Jackie Tonks - My own bigfoot sighting 1.00- 1.45

Scott Wood – London Urban Legends: Helpful Terrorists and Hidden Insults 1.45-2.30

Adele Morse- Sculpting Orang-Pendek- 3.00-3.45

Neil Geddes -Ward -Encounters with Faeries, Ghosts and Spirits-3.45-4.30

Richard Freeman- Death by Cryptid: Devoured by Dragons and Decapitated by ape men-4.40- 5.25

Gwilym Games- Weird Wales- 5.25-6.05

Alan Friswell – Working with Ray Harryhausen- 6.15-7.00

Charity Auction-7.00-7.30

Graham Humphreys – The Art of Horror 7.30-8-15

Emma Dark- Screening of Seize the Night and Q and A-8.15-8.45

Chris Lambert- Tales from the Black Meadow, readings and film-10.00-10.45

TBC-The Conker Group- New theatre project on British Big Cats-10.00-45-11.30

Not long now!

Back