• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Could we please 'LIKE' the post above to indicate interest (and gratitude--this is a great opportunity).

Hi just read a few of the posts regarding the hexham heads just like u all to know that I am Colin Robson and I found them in my garden aged 11 would be glad to chat and tell u the real story if u interested all's a few years ago Paul screeton and another guy interviewed me and recorded it on video but have heard nothing from him about it
We/I'd be extremely interested in your real story Colin r and welcome to the board mate .. perhaps Fortean Times magazine could also secure an interview (without trying to jump the gun), we're a friendly bunch although of course a few sceptics might get involved as ever.

Hi Colin, I think your going to have a lot of interest in your story.

I'm going to echo Swifty and think a FT piece would be great and less chaotic than a free for all Q & A.

Oh we have LOTS to ask you!

When I saw the Heads on show at Uncon in 2004, when they looked like bits of concrete gnomes, was I looking at the real ones or copies? I'm confused.
Read the discussion between Krepostnoi and I towards the bottom of the previous page. :)

Could we please 'LIKE' the post above to indicate interest (and gratitude--this is a great opportunity).
Colin Robson here just got in from work seen some of the posts and say again I am willing to tell my storey I know what I seen and heard what most people don't understand is that when I found the heads aged 11 i lived in the house at rede avenue hexham until I was 22 I was then wed but divorced aged 26 I then moved back to 3 rede avenue until I moved out and wed again in 1990 there is a lot more to the storey as I have always been seen as a child in this but believe me things did not end there

When I saw the Heads on show at Uncon in 2004, when they looked like bits of concrete gnomes, was I looking at the real ones or copies? I'm confused.
I very much doubt that you have seen the real heads my friend believe me if u had you would know

We/I'd be extremely interested in your real story Colin r and welcome to the board mate .. perhaps Fortean Times magazine could also secure an interview (without trying to jump the gun), we're a friendly bunch although of course a few sceptics might get involved as ever.
Don't care what sceptics think mate I know what I saw and heard but do understand that if you don't see then you don't know that's what sceptics are

Colin Robson here just got in from work seen some of the posts and say again I am willing to tell my storey I know what I seen and heard what most people don't understand is that when I found the heads aged 11 i lived in the house at rede avenue hexham until I was 22 I was then wed but divorced aged 26 I then moved back to 3 rede avenue until I moved out and wed again in 1990 there is a lot more to the storey as I have always been seen as a child in this but believe me things did not end there
And we would love to hear it. There is a bit of conflicting info about the source of the heads, and some of the people looking after the artefacts have reported odd things. If you can give us a first hand account of at least part of it that would be fantastic.
Mods can you can get FT to intercede here?

Me and my brother Leslie Dug up some small stone heads and afterwards we were plagued with strange goings on. Firstly the radio would only play Lonnie Donegan no matter how many times we tried to change the station. All our clothes were replaced with brocade and bolo ties too.

This went on for months, but the worst of it was when we saw a huge werewolf jump over the banister in our house wearing brothel creepers.

It was then we realized we'd discovered the Hexham Teds.

Last edited:
Me and my brother Leslie Dug up some small stone heads and afterwards we were plagued with strange goings on. Firstly the radio would only play Lonnie Donegan no matter how many times we tried to change the station. All our clothes were replaced with brocade and bolo ties too.

This went on for months, but the worst of it was when we saw a huge werewolf jump over the banister in our house wearing brothel creepers.

It was the we realized we'd discovered the Hexham Teds.

This is why the FT should do this. Sorry naughty cat.

Wasn't it a were sheep, and seen by some one else?

Wow. Hope to hear your point of view, CR. We have sceptics but we're friendly to genuine Forteana. Be as candid as you can. We're waiting with baited breath.

Tell your story.

I wouldn't be against an interview friend
Excellent !! .. I'm glad you've taken the time to hook up with FT .. at least two people who have their articles published in the magazine post here so hopefully you'll be approached for your side of the events by one of them. I'd recommend you send a private message to Yithian who moderates on this site regarding maybe an interview going ahead although obviously I can't make promises for them. I'm crossing my fingers that I do get to read your slant and experiences on this mate.

Someone's video ... are there many errors in this Colin are is this as you remember it ?

(.. and on an unrelated side note, I don't know about everyone else here but I've always pronounced Celtic to sound like "Keltic" and not "Seltic" .. I'm not sure which pronunciation is the correct one)

Last edited:
I'm a sceptic, but I'd like to think I'm genuinely open minded :)

A huge thank you, Colin, for taking the time and trouble to join us. It would be absolutely fascinating to hear a first hand account of what you remember. The Hexham Heads case is a classic of Forteana, and it's so rare to have an eye witness that's willing to talk about their experiences, it's wonderful to have you here!

(.. and on an unrelated side note, I don't know about everyone else here but I've always pronounced Celtic to sound like "Keltic" and not "Seltic" .. I'm not sure which pronunciation is the correct one)

It's a hard 'c', "keltic", unless you're talking football (for some strange reason).

Other people/another person was/were reported as having made copies directly connected to the originals although I haven't got the exact details to hand sorry .. I think the copies were mentioned in FT magazine a while back and from memory, I don't think the people/person who made them were claiming that they were the originals but I'm probably wrong? .. Colin r can hopefully fill in the gaps on that part of this for us ..

Just in case anyone thinks that Celtic heads are entirely imaginary, here's one I saw in the museum at Skipton
https://www.cravenmuseum.org/collections/top-10-objects/celtic-head/

This curious object is a Celtic head. It is carved from stone and probably dates to between the British Iron age and Roman Britain, around 500BC and 500AD. It was found in Wentcliff Beck near Earby at the beginning of the 20th century. The fact that this object was found in a stream may suggest that it was made as an offering to the Celtic gods.
head_resize.jpg

The problem I have is, how can you tell this nearly featureless object from a modern copy?

Just in case anyone thinks that Celtic heads are entirely imaginary, here's one I saw in the museum at Skipton
https://www.cravenmuseum.org/collections/top-10-objects/celtic-head/

head_resize.jpg

The problem I have is, how can you tell this nearly featureless object from a modern copy?

Good question. Stone cannot be dated in isolation and, if one of these modern stone heads were to be thrown in a river and found some time hence, it could conceivably accumulate all sorts of speculation and mythology.

IMG_0325.JPG

Excellent !! .. I'm glad you've taken the time to hook up with FT .. at least two people who have their articles published in the magazine post here so hopefully you'll be approached for your side of the events by one of them. I'd recommend you send a private message to Yithian who moderates on this site regarding maybe an interview going ahead although obviously I can't make promises for them. I'm crossing my fingers that I do get to read your slant and experiences on this mate.

Someone's video ... are there many errors in this Colin are is this as you remember it ?

Back