• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Tattoos

A very good reason NOT to have a tattoo.

Rick Genest - works as a model. Take away the tattoo and he's a physically perfect guy.
Good advert for the powers of Dermablend.

Tattoos are far more mainstream than they were years ago, people from all walks of life sport them.

There was a however a gentleman with arm tattoos that walked into a apartment office to sign his lease, and upon spotting his arms, his lease was refused. Tattoos and piercings are also a thing in common with gangs and that makes some apartment owners and investors nervous.

http://www.newswest9.com/story/7129126/texas-landlord-bans-tenants-with-tattoos-and-body-piercings

Smarter thinking is prevailing and a good property owner looks at a tenants history and credit score as real indicators.

However, "I killed my last landlord" is a considered a poor choice in ink. :cool2:

He has this in Chinese characters. But generally any head tattoo is a fail.

Some Americans see Chinese/Japanese character tattoos as exotic and it's usually on the arms or legs, and if they or the artist has no idea what they mean, it comes off as awkward as "engrish."

He has this in Chinese characters. But generally any head tattoo is a fail.

Some Americans see Chinese/Japanese character tattoos as exotic and it's usually on the arms or legs, and if they or the artist has no idea what they mean, it comes off as awkward as "engrish."
I remember buying and wearing a Chinese/Japanese character T Shirt about the same time the 'FRANKIE SAYS RELAX' Trevor Horn T Shirts first came out (about '83 '84) .. I had no idea what it said, someone at the time told me they were translated to garbled crap or insults. I've noticed links to Chinese/Japanese T shirts with hilariously crude English words or expressions on them within the last 5 years online that the locals are equally oblivious to.

I feel 'alternative' by not having a tattoo. If you have a choice of having a tattoo on your face, do not get offended and aggressive if some people stare at you. One bloke I see has them and I once recall him quite aggressively saying to them "what are you looking at you freak?" which made me snigger a little bit. Also, if you can't get certain types of job you have ruled yourself out of those jobs.

I feel 'alternative' by not having a tattoo.

I can't see a tattoo without hearing an indulged toddler whining, "Look at me, mummy; look at meeeee!"

I see women with their kids' names and dates of birth tattooed on their anatomy. Let's sum up that thought process:

"You mean to say that an eight-pound human being tore itself out of my body in a tsunami of blood, screams and faeces? Shit, I have to start writing this stuff down... I know: I'll pay a gum-snapping teenaged art school dropout £100 to misspell an aide memoire somewhere on my rind!"

maximus otter

For me personally it is like loud cars or motorbikes. You may like cars or motorbikes which is fine, but why do you have to act 'hard' with it as well? I don't get grown men acting 'hard'. I grew out of that at 13 years old, I have a life and a family. I have no need for people to look at me, personally, I find it rather sad.

For me personally it is like loud cars or motorbikes.

The whole 'street car' scene with its endlessly polished turds, clutch dump valves and under car illumination is by itself a bit sad but horses for courses and all that. Drive that piece of shit at fifty through a residential area like the twat you are, thinking you're Vin fucking Diesel and I can only hope you either grow up or crash into a lamp post, which ever comes first.

See also Subaru Impreza and Mitsubishi Evo drivers who are old enough to know better, you aren't those coppers off the telly, you're an immature twat, grow up and slow down.

The whole 'street car' scene with its endlessly polished turds, clutch dump valves and under car illumination is by itself a bit sad but horses for courses and all that. Drive that piece of shit at fifty through a residential area like the twat you are, thinking you're Vin fucking Diesel and I can only hope you either grow up or crash into a lamp post, which ever comes first.

See also Subaru Impreza and Mitsubishi Evo drivers who are old enough to know better, you aren't those coppers off the telly, you're an immature twat, grow up and slow down.
What are we up now ? .. Fast And The Furious 9 ? .. the only people that pay to watch them are, in fact, people that drive like twats ... how many F1 drivers are fans of this franchise I wonder? .. in fact, someone should keep/make a video record documentary at cinema car parks around the world solely focused on interviewing and then filming the patrons wheel spinning away after each showing. The police would probably have a field day checking for expired tax discs before kicking out time.

as for car culture i get a lot of waves from the right kind of drivers in my old-school-cool dart but regularly get kids in hot hatches and subarus driving too close or flying past me ... i never respond, i always imagine it annoys them somewhat

The whole 'street car' scene with its endlessly polished turds, clutch dump valves and under car illumination is by itself a bit sad...

Back in the late 70s one of the sadder lads’ car mags gave away bumper stickers proclaiming “I’m a helluva driver!”.

Professionally speaking, they might as well have painted a bullseye between their shoulder blades. I don’t think that any car displaying that “Kick me!” sign got beyond second gear while traversing my patch.

maximus otter

“I’m a helluva driver!”

And that's what cooks my noodle, they aren't excessively speeding to be reckless or get a thrill, I don't think the inherent danger in their action to themselves or others even occurs to them, they genuinely believe they are incredibly good drivers and can easily handle those speeds due to their skill behind the wheel.

Which is not to say that is the only environment where a misguided over inflated self belief in one's own skill set occurs, but it is one where the variance between skill and reality is so vast and the potential for harm so likely that it's mind boggling.

i think the sad unfortunate truth is that probably the one small part of their day when they get the feeling of being in control, is when they jump behind the wheel and put their foot down

a lot of people struggling with bad relationships, shitty jobs, debt, raisings kids ... feel largely helpless ... theyre stuck

doesnt excuse the decals though

And that's what cooks my noodle, they aren't excessively speeding to be reckless or get a thrill, I don't think the inherent danger in their action to themselves or others even occurs to them, they genuinely believe they are incredibly good drivers and can easily handle those speeds due to their skill behind the wheel.

Which is not to say that is the only environment where a misguided over inflated self belief in one's own skill set occurs, but it is one where the variance between skill and reality is so vast and the potential for harm so likely that it's mind boggling.
Yeah, and it's a sad fact of life the laws of physics pay no attention at all to your status, real or imagined.

8ldtRv4.jpg

'I don't know, I don't know Chinese'

EDIT: though it looks like it could be marker pen

Translation: 'I visited Hong Kong and all I got was this lousy tattoo'.

Back