• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

Sure, OK. So your reason for existence is what exactly?
NO IDEA. AND COME TO THAT NOR HAVE YOU: THAT'S WHY I CREATED PHILOSOPHERS. AND NOR DO THEY.
Never mind trivial questions like that, your Almightiness. What we really want to know is which year Nelson Mandela turned up on your doorstep.
I WENT TO SEE HIM REGULARLY. IT WAS HIM THAT PUT ME ONTO MORGAN FREEMAN AS A POSSIBLE SUB WHEN I'M OUT OF UNIVERSE. HE FETCHED UP AT MY GAFF SOMETIME LATER. NICE BLOKE.

Hope he is OK.

Graylien seems to have disappeared. He last checked in over a month ago. :abduct:

Seems to log in less frequently now that was once the case. He has been here this month, but we haven't seen any posts for a while.

Shame--great poster.

I had a dream about Ulalume the other night. I say 'about' because she wasn't actually in it, probably for the best as I had been binge-reading the online Oglaf comic before going to sleep.

I dreamt that she had moved into a house in the street where I grew up and I wanted to contact her to say,
"Did you know that 'so-and-so' once shit himself at a party in your front room?"

What's going on with CoastalJames? He's on the FB group for Fortean Times Emergency Contingency Thingy.

Mentioning no names (and I'm certainly not talking about Ulalume) - I can't help wondering if the suspension of the political discussion threads has meant that certain posters have had to go elsewhere to get their daily shouting at liberals fix.

Mentioning no names (and I'm certainly not talking about Ulalume) - I can't help wondering if the suspension of the political discussion threads has meant that certain posters have gone elsewhere to avoid the tedium of having liberals shouting at them for not behaving in the 'correct' way.

Mentioning no names (and I'm certainly not talking about Ulalume) - I can't help wondering if the suspension of the political discussion threads has meant that certain posters have gone elsewhere to avoid the tedium of having liberals shouting at them for not behaving in the 'correct' way.

Plenty of people still having a dig at the libruls - but much more polite with it.

Last edited:
Mentioning no names (and I'm certainly not talking about Ulalume) - I can't help wondering if the suspension of the political discussion threads has meant that certain posters have had to go elsewhere to get their daily shouting at liberals fix.

Not sure if that’s aimed at me. I’ve only been checking in occasionally due to a busy RL schedule. But snide remarks like these have had an impact on my inclination to spend as much time here

Not sure if that’s aimed at me. I’ve only been checking in occasionally due to a busy RL schedule. But snide remarks like these have had an impact on my inclination to spend as much time here

Nope. Not at all. And it's not the first time you've assumed without evidence that something I've posted has been about you. Seriously, when I've had an issue with something you've posted, I've addressed it directly; you may not believe it but I respect your opinion and your ability to fight your corner - even if I disagree, sometimes vehemently.

The above comment was inspired by a particularly nasty attack (by someone else entirely) on a poster who, as far as I'm aware, has never once raised his voice to anyone. As the person involved was man enough not to spot his boxers about it then I'm not going to do it for him - but I do reserve the right not to like it very much, and to be glad when such behaviour is not around so much. There's robust, and then there's just rude - surely that's something everyone can agree on.

Nope. Not at all. And it's not the first time you've assumed without evidence that something I've posted has been about you. Seriously, when I've had an issue with something you've posted, I've addressed it directly; you may not believe it but I respect your opinion and your ability to fight your corner - even if I disagree, sometimes vehemently.

The above comment was inspired by a particularly nasty attack (by someone else entirely) on a poster who, as far as I'm aware, has never once raised his voice to anyone. As the person involved was man enough not to spot his boxers about it then I'm not going to do it for him - but I do reserve the right not to like it very much, and to be glad when such behaviour is not around so much. There's robust, and then there's just rude - surely that's something everyone can agree on.

Fair enough, and thank you for responding. As I’ve only been checking in occasionally I’ve missed this nasty attack entirely. Sounds unpleasant though.

Just noticed that Heckler has been gone almost a month. Is anybody in contact?

Zeke and DrBastard: both MIA.

Thanks for noticing! No sulking, this time! I got locked out of the system somehow. I put in the wromg password in a few times - just a matter of one wrong case - and then it wouldn't let me retry - nor would it send me a new password, for some reason.

I was dithering over whether or not to go through the whole rigmarole of setting up a new identity and found the whole idea daunting.

But I I tried to log in again today, on the off chance, and -lo!- the situation seems to have righted itself automatically - don't know what all that was about!

Good to be back!

Thanks for noticing! No sulking, this time! I got locked out of the system somehow. I put in the wromg password in a few times - just a matter of one wrong case - and then it wouldn't let me retry - nor would it send me a new password, for some reason.

I was dithering over whether or not to go through the whole rigmarole of setting up a new identity and found the whole idea daunting.

But I I tried to log in again today, on the off chance, and -lo!- the situation seems to have righted itself automatically - don't know what all that was about!

Good to be back!

If anybody needs 'insurance' in this respect, PM me and I will send you an email address at which you can contact me whenever such problems occur.

Glad to see you back, Zeke.

Fats_Tuesday is lurking around the place: a venerable poster (been here longer than me--longer than most of us) who washes up from time to time.

Need to get your old avatar back, mate.

Back