• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Headlines

Ian Duhig‏@ianduhig
James Sheard's post on local papers brought this to mind, though this is not to minimise the torture a fish pie can inflict on you, especially in Keighley.

DP4ICHRXkAEGN2D.jpg

11:26 AM - 30 Nov 2017

Did you notice this quote about Mr. W. Ankers :crazy:
I know Wayne will grab this terrific opportunity with both hands,” said Neil Benson, Trinity Mirror's editorial director for regionals.
Yep, I did :)

Did you notice this quote about Mr. W. Ankers :crazy:
I know Wayne will grab this terrific opportunity with both hands,” said Neil Benson, Trinity Mirror's editorial director for regionals.
With a line like that, he's making a rod for his own back.

Probe launched into ‘Anus Society’ blunder on Churchill and Langford minibus and it will be discussed at community meeting
When the door to the bus is open, the words Churchill Anus Society are spelt out

By
James WoodJournalist
  • 11:47, 28 DEC 2017

Best-not-to-keep-the-door-of-this-minibus-open.jpg

The name of the society becomes somewhat unfortunate.
Get Daily updates directly to your inbox
+ Subscribe
A probe has been launched into an ‘anus society’ wording blunder on a community minibus in Somerset.

The unfortunate wording on the side of the Churchill and Langford minibus is to be discussed at a Churchill Parish Council meeting due to be held next month (January, 2018).

Council officials were left gobsmacked earlier this year when they discovered that the words Churchill Anus Society were formed when the door to their minibus was opened.

Malcolm Metts, the council chairman, has confirmed that the issue is due to be the subject of discussion in the New Year.

etc

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/probe-launched-anus-society-blunder-982298

:eek:
I have never before heard of such a thing. Poor man.

Last edited:
Back