• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I right bar click on any word I (frustratingly) can't seem to remember how to spell any more, that freaks me out a bit because I always used to be a good speller ... of course I've no way of knowing if you really are the real Colin who found the Hexham heads but at the same time I've no reason to doubt it, as far as I'm concerned, you are Colin who went through this experience. If I'm having a prank played on me then I'm sure I'll survive, on the other hand though .... I'm talking to one of the then kids (Colin) who found the f*****g Hexham heads !! .. and the paranormal things surrounding that, and the bullshit that journalist probably elaborated on, and the stuff I'll never know about that everyone directly involved at that time had to tolerate .. and now the newest development that people are wondering if Colin r on this board is truly the same Colin that found the Hexham heads ..

George Lutz springs to mind in comparison to this new Hexham heads situation Colin ... he chief-ed over a web site called Amityville The Truth before his recent death, he was, like you, someone that everyone wanted answers from due to his centre stage presence but also swore that he'd not lied about the hauntings in his home but that authors, journalists and film makers had.

I am the man that found the hexham heads and only got involved after finding this site by accident and reading some of the comments but if people think I'm not who I say I am then there's nothing I can do about it but hey it is wat it is I guess.

Also I would like to point out that neither our neighbours the Dodd family or anyone from my family has ever said we saw a werewolf that is total and utter Garbage nor have we said we saw a sheep man as some have said . I remember my neighbour Mrs dodd saying what she saw was like a half man half beast and that the torso was human and its bottom half beast .

Also I would like to point out that neither our neighbours the Dodd family or anyone from my family has ever said we saw a werewolf that is total and utter Garbage nor have we said we saw a sheep man as some have said . I remember my neighbour Mrs dodd saying what she saw was like a half man half beast and that the torso was human and its bottom half beast .
Thanks for continuing to chat about your experiences mate .. who in your opinion and/or from memory was the first person mentioning a werewolf and a sheep man ? ...

The descriptions used were half man half sheep at the time. Regarding the first time I heard of the werewolf description I read it in a newspaper article but can't remember exactly when.

As pointed out the werewolf stuff was attributed to Anne Ross.

In my opinion they should make a film about the hexham heads I think it could be a winner compared to some of the horror or ghost films on offer over the last few years.

Excellent !! .. I'm glad you've taken the time to hook up with FT .. at least two people who have their articles published in the magazine post here so hopefully you'll be approached for your side of the events by one of them.

I am the man that found the hexham heads and only got involved after finding this site by accident and reading some of the comments but if people think I'm not who I say I am then there's nothing I can do about it but hey it is wat it is I guess.
OK, I'll take this one. I'll have a chat with Dr Sutton and see if we can run with it.

OK, I'll take this one. I'll have a chat with Dr Sutton and see if we can run with it.
Smashing stuff, hopefully our Colin will get the chance to have his side heard at last.

Colin - I'll be in touch with you directly in the next day or two.

Was expecting to hear from u after a day or two but nothing at all but never mind that's fine.

Hi Colin. The Hexham Heads is one of those Fortean subjects we’d all like more information on. I remember the story breaking on Look North (was it Mike Neville in those days?) and was fascinated that such a story was going on in our area.
While we’re waiting for Stu and the FT to organise an interview, I was wondering if you’d shared your experiences with other people up there and if they’d shared odd stories with you.
Northumberland is one of those areas where the local folklore probably hasn’t been fully documented. My own experience is of my mum telling me about The Burry Man..... The guy who used to dress up in ‘sticky jacks’ and visit all the houses in a village for a tipple in exchange for good luck.

Last edited:
MASSIVE fingers crossed you get your story heard Colin :( .. I'll owe you one if you go ahead (I'm hoping it's going to be sarcastic to fuck against the fantasists trying to sensationalise but I'll take what I get from your perspective man). .. the truth is always scarier than fiction.

MASSIVE fingers crossed you get your story heard Colin :( .. I'll owe you one if you go ahead (I'm hoping it's going to be sarcastic to fuck against the fantasists trying to sensationalise but I'll take what I get from your perspective man). .. the truth is always scarier than fiction.

whats up?

I've been away from this thread for a while and my alerts weren't working so I've completely missed the developments with Colin’s postings. Hopefully he’ll return soon and give us his version of events.

In the meantime I just thought I’d make you aware that the recently published Scarred for Life features a brief summary of the Hexham Heads story on pages 735-737. Interestingly they lead with the werewolf as the focus of the story rather than the heads. They also get a bit muddled about the dowsing incident involving Frank Hyde and Don Robins (see post 95 for more details). In the book they suggest that the heads were going to be used as dousing instruments rather than the dowsing taking place on the heads themselves. Other than that it's a decent brief summary, and it's nice to see that the story is still attracting attention.

It’s a doorstep of a book and is a recommended read for anyone with an interest in dark 1970s culture.

A quick update which is hopefully of interest. I've been in touch with Colin Robson and he has kindly agreed to answer a few Hexham Heads related questions for the blog.

Hopefully the blog page is pretty self explanatory, but if anyone would like any more info feel free to post here and I'll get back to you. A big thanks to Colin for taking the time to respond to me.

A quick update which is hopefully of interest. I've been in touch with Colin Robson and he has kindly agreed to answer a few Hexham Heads related questions for the blog.

Hopefully the blog page is pretty self explanatory, but if anyone would like any more info feel free to post here and I'll get back to you. A big thanks to Colin for taking the time to respond to me.
Nice one Schloup and also please pass on our regards to Colin.

Featherstone Road, Streetly, Sutton Coldfield
Run down? I just took a googlestroll down that road and it looks bloody beautiful. Well posh.

Any progress on Colin R's replies would be gratefully received. I assume we are all still keen to know more?

Run down? I just took a googlestroll down that road and it looks bloody beautiful. Well posh.
Yeah, it is nice. I'd live there (if I could afford it).

It's run down compared to how it was in the 70's .. half the driveways had very expensive sports cars and you could still find white dog shit .. my big Sister used to push me down that road in my plastic action man tank ..

So.....back to the topic. What's happened to this story? it's all gone quiet. Too quiet. Wasn't Stu possibly going to do a feature on it? Maybe he can give us an update. Otherwise Colin could continue posting here. I'm sure we'd all like to hear more..

Back