• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Documentaries

About the village of Botton, Yorks.

This one you wanna see. Trust me.
ed; Having watched it through, it isn't what I was expecting at all really. In fact it is a rather intrusive affair. Normally I like the voyeuristic elements of docos but this one was very intrusive on the ordinary lives of these people for seemingly no good reason than an expose of their weaknesses and struggles. FWIW, I found the subjects very likeable. Even that pain the arse, Pamela.

Last edited:
Didn't know where to put this ... found this at random ... a lecture about the cabalistic arts of Pico de la Mirandola ... given in Latin for a club of Latin speakers :)

This is a good one. Sorry if it has been posted elsewhere. Fascinating body language in the faces of the witnesses.

Filmed interviews with the survivors of the Berlin Bunker in which Adolf Hitler, Eva Braun and the Goebbels family killed themselves in the final days of World War II. The interviews were made in 1948 by Captain Michael Musmanno, a US Navy Lawyer and Nuremberg Judge, and the film was offered to Hollywood, but the mood of the western world had changed and wanted to forget Hitler and the war and instead look to the future. The film remained in a US university archive until it was re-discovered in 2013.

I haven't watched this one yet so apologies if it's just crap clickbait, it sounds interesting enough ..

This is a talk instead of a documentary promoted by NEXUS magazine that deals with "Ancient Artefacts That Are Still Shrouded In Mystery Today", architecture, art and objects that are out of time and place.

Last edited:
Herb Trimpe, We Love You!
This is a 25 minute documentary film about the Marvel Comic book artist Herb Trimpe. This was a film project produced at New York University's Graduate Institute of film & TV in 1970-71 and was directed by Jon Michael Riley and Doro Bachrach. Sound was by Don Cirillo and cinematography by Eric Reiner. Polly Hacker was production assistant. Herb Trimpe was a young star among comic book artists in the late 60's (he began at Marvel in April of 1968) and early 1970s. Herb was one of the first, perhaps the first to do the Incredible Hulk comic, as well as a host of other titles for Stan Lee and Marvel. This film highlights Herb's attitudes about life and work as a comic book artist and is shown with his Peekskill, NY friend, Bob Barthelmes with whom he attended school since kindergarten. Also featured is Flo Steinberg and some footage of the Marvel "bullpen" with other notable comic book artists. This may be the only film footage shot at Marvel at that time. Herb's family has given me permission to upload this film to make it easier for people interested in Herb and his beautiful comic book art. Note: This video was made from an aged and partially damaged 16 mm B/W print that was transferred to DVD. A key word ("anonimity") is missing from the opening voice over lines.

This is possibly a stretching of the point of a Fortean documentary, but it almost is
Alice Barker was a chorus line dancer during the Harlem Renaissance of the the 1930s and 40s. She danced at clubs such as The Apollo, Cotton Club, The Zanzibar Club, and on Broadway—with legends including Frank Sinatra, Gene Kelly, and Bill "Bojangles" Robinson. Although she danced in numerous movies, commercials and TV shows, she had never seen any of them, and all of her photographs and memorabilia had been lost over the years. After years of searching we found three "Soundies" Alice appeared in and were finally able to show them to her — she had never seen herself in motion in her life!

A four parter on The Hotel Cecil, our man spends 3 days and nights there .. WARNING, part one includes a photo of Elizabeth Short nude and cut in half.

Last edited:
Old Discovery Channel documentary, correct title is The Restless Dead (1995).

Last edited:
No really Fortean, but it will likely be interesting documentary on Tom of Finland:

Murder in Belgravia: The story of Lord and Lady Lucan.

I've just watched a new doco on the tv surrounding the events for Veronica's own perspective. Oddly, I find there's no Wikipedia entry for her. Now I find she died just a couple of months ago. Terribly sad affair all round.

Murder in Belgravia: The story of Lord and Lady Lucan.

I've just watched a new doco on the tv surrounding the events for Veronica's own perspective. Oddly, I find there's no Wikipedia entry for her. Now I find she died just a couple of months ago. Terribly sad affair all round.

I always reckoned the Queen Mum did it. Killed Lucan as well & fed him to the corgis.

Stumbled onto channel Merc yesterday and have enjoyed all their videos so far. Most of their vids are cut and paste affairs, but the stories are almost all new to me.

This one is sure to be of interest to some here.

The Dark Side Of Everest - full documentary .. I haven't watched this yet

I can recommend the following documentaries:

Prophet's Prey — about Warren Jeffs and the FLDS
Holy Hell — about an 80s new-age cult called the Buddhafield and their sinister leader
Cropsey — about an 'urban legend' that turns out to have been about a real child murderer.

I can recommend the following documentaries:

Prophet's Prey — about Warren Jeffs and the FLDS
Holy Hell — about an 80s new-age cult called the Buddhafield and their sinister leader
Cropsey — about an 'urban legend' that turns out to have been about a real child murderer.
Nice one, I'll be checking those out, cheers !

I'm currently half way through this one .. I've got a thing for Everest at the moment

British accents are apparently drawn from the local landscape or terrain? If true, I wonder if that happens in other parts of the world. (I know for a fact that cowboys on cattle stations in the badlands of Texas do not go Yee Ha.)
Interesting thesis anyway. Check it out.

British accents are apparently drawn from the local landscape or terrain? If true, I wonder if that happens in other parts of the world. (I know for a fact that cowboys on cattle stations in the badlands of Texas do not go Yee Ha.)
Interesting thesis anyway. Check it out.
Actually skinny, everyone in England speaks The Queen's English accent wise, we just pretend to have different accents for tourists ... here's hidden camera proof:

I know for a fact that cowboys on cattle stations in the badlands of Texas do not go Yee Ha.
I bet I could change that.

Anyway, the English language is drawn from many sources. We are historically a seafaring nation and our idioms reflect this - hold on, make waves, deep water, high and dry, in the offing, dire straits, push the boat out, ships that pass in the night, make waves, three sheets to the wind, plane sailing, etc.
I love maritime expressions and mentally tick them off when I hear them.

We also speak an unusually prepositional language. Try speaking without including a preposition! Are you at your best? Going out? Getting up? Flu'd up? Plugging away? Being eaten out of house and home? Feeling down? In the picture? Under the weather?

English is a wonderful language. No wonder it's so hard to learn.

I bet I could change that.

Anyway, the English language is drawn from many sources. We are historically a seafaring nation and our idioms reflect this - hold on, make waves, deep water, high and dry, in the offing, dire straits, push the boat out, ships that pass in the night, make waves, three sheets to the wind, plane sailing, etc.
I love maritime expressions and mentally tick them off when I hear them.

We also speak an unusually prepositional language. Try speaking without including a preposition! Are you at your best? Going out? Getting up? Flu'd up? Plugging away? Being eaten out of house and home? Feeling down? In the picture? Under the weather?

English is a wonderful language. No wonder it's so hard to learn.
Yep .. all that .. and the last time we were successfully invaded, the Romans ended up eventually pissing off anyway .. they couldn't hack our shit weather I reckon .. *waits for history buffs to correct me*

Back