• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Oh, The Irony

29103467_1633414546749810_6401519132575006720_n.jpg
View attachment 8824

Pretty disgusting purchasing policies there.

Pretty disgusting purchasing policies there.

From what I've read, the area where the passports used to be printed (NE England) voted overwhelmingly for Brexit so, well, hey, there you go.

From what I've read, the area where the passports used to be printed (NE England) voted overwhelmingly for Brexit so, well, hey, there you go.
One is not a consequence of the other.

The irony for me is how a country which is a part of this EU we are leaving can afford to produce an item cheaper than we can right here.

Perhaps they can employ the people at that Calais camp.

What, by opening up the bidding process to foreign firms and saving the "hard-working British Taxpayer"® 100 million-odd quid? Yep, disgusting.
I thought it was 50 million?
I'm not sure why there is such a huge price differential. Seems fishy to me. Maybe the French firm will outsource it all to China? That would be a disaster if that's what they intend to do.

I think the irony is now off the scale, with the revelation that "British" company De La Rue intended to have the passports printed in Malta,whereas Franco-Dutch company Gemalto will carry out much of the production in Fareham, thereby creating 70 new UK jobs.

So those idiots at The Mail and Guardian making such a fuss over this non-story would rather pay more for their passports so that jobs would be created in Valletta instead of Fareham!

Aha! I didn't know that.
De La Rue were going to outsource it and charge more? Well, I feel less sympathy for them now.

Aha! I didn't know that.
De La Rue were going to outsource it and charge more? Well, I feel less sympathy for them now.

Indeed. We have to acknowledge that it's a small world these days, and the bottom line is whether it's a fair deal all round.

You don't hear the Japanese bellyaching because their Hondas, Nissans and Toyotas are built in the UK!

White Aussie Lives Matter.

For at least a year, the biggest page on Facebook purporting to be part of the Black Lives Matter movement was a scam with ties to a middle-aged white man in Australia, a review of the page and associated accounts and websites conducted by CNN shows.

The page, titled simply "Black Lives Matter," had almost 700,000 followers on Facebook, more than twice as many as the official Black Lives Matter page. It was tied to online fundraisers that brought in at least $100,000 that supposedly went to Black Lives Matter causes in the U.S. At least some of the money, however, was transferred to Australian bank accounts, CNN has learned.

More Here:
http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/09/technology/fake-black-lives-matter-facebook-page/index.html

Meanwhile, the House speaker whom Mr Ryan replaced - John Boehner - announced on Twitter he is joining the board of a legal cannabis corporation "because my thinking on cannabis has evolved".

The Ohio Republican, who retired from politics in 2015, once said he was "unalterably opposed" to legalising marijuana.

Meanwhile, the House speaker whom Mr Ryan replaced - John Boehner - announced on Twitter he is joining the board of a legal cannabis corporation "because my thinking on cannabis has evolved".

The Ohio Republican, who retired from politics in 2015, once said he was "unalterably opposed" to legalising marijuana.
He probably finally tried smoking some weed and thought 'that's good shit'.
The man is now a stoner.

The man is now a stoner.

I can only be happy that he changed his mind. He's already a paid lobbyist for several companies including the Reynolds tobacco company who pay him $400,000 pa, so his conversion may be related to a consultancy fee.

I can only be happy that he changed his mind. He's already a paid lobbyist for several companies including the Reynolds tobacco company who pay him $400,000 pa, so his conversion may be related to a consultancy fee.
That would explain it.

The man is now a stoner.
I'm still trying to wrap my head around Kevin Smith becoming a stoner ..

1: before, during and immediately after directing cult classic film 'CLERKS' .. he wasn't a stoner. He played one onscreen as Silent Bob, half of the duo Jay and Bob who sold weed outside of the QuickStop.

2: Jay wasn't a stoner during that film: Jay was a heroin addict (maybe he also smoked the odd spliff during this time. I don't know).

3: During all, of this and to date, Kevin Smith was clean of doing any dugs. We're led to believe.

4: Jay wasn't able to star in any way in 'Jersey Girl' because Jay was, at the time, on the run from the police for driving with a deployed airbag. Jay gets sent to rehab. The airbag thing gets a jokey mention in CLERKS 2

5: Fast forward to recent(ish) times and Jay is 100% clean (and I actually believe him) but, and here's the reason I posted this in this thread, Kevin Smith has decided to take up smoking pot ? .. fair play to him and all but after detoxing his best mate over about a decade or two, why has he decided to start getting high for the first time ever ?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around Kevin Smith becoming a stoner ..

1: before, during and immediately after directing cult classic film 'CLERKS' .. he wasn't a stoner. He played one onscreen as Silent Bob, half of the duo Jay and Bob who sold weed outside of the QuickStop.

2: Jay wasn't a stoner during that film: Jay was a heroin addict (maybe he also smoked the odd spliff during this time. I don't know).

3: During all, of this and to date, Kevin Smith was clean of doing any dugs. We're led to believe.

4: Jay wasn't able to star in any way in 'Jersey Girl' because Jay was, at the time, on the run from the police for driving with a deployed airbag. Jay gets sent to rehab. The airbag thing gets a jokey mention in CLERKS 2

5: Fast forward to recent(ish) times and Jay is 100% clean (and I actually believe him) but, and here's the reason I posted this in this thread, Kevin Smith has decided to take up smoking pot ? .. fair play to him and all but after detoxing his best mate over about a decade or two, why has he decided to start getting high for the first time ever ?
After his recent heart attack, maybe he thought he needed to find a way to calm down? A bit drastic, though - meditation would be so much healthier.

After his recent heart attack, maybe he thought he needed to find a way to calm down? A bit drastic, though - meditation would be so much healthier.
He started toking before his heart attack and after years of helping his mate Jay to become clean.

Former race-relations advisor charged with racism.

Mr Adunbi of Easton, Bristol, was charged with a racially aggravated public order offence following an incident at a betting shop in Stapleton Road, Bristol, on 29 March.

He has been released on conditional bail to appear at Bristol Magistrates' Court on 22 May.

Hardly any info about the incident though, just loads about him being tasered by a police officer. She is being charged too.

Back