• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

British Bigfoot?

people can also have a habit of humouring you when you say youve seen something weird, or they werent quite sure what you meant or didnt quite hear what you said ... when it comes to recounting it later this can result in a raised eyebrow ...

That's more understandable, depending on the level of weirdness involved.

Seeing something, phoning someone to tell them about it, then later having no memory of it & accusing them of dreaming it, is surely on another level entirely.

When I was a kid we were visiting relatives in Bispham, Blackpool. Both families were walking on the road parallel to but one behind the promenade towards Norbreck (for anyone who knows where I mean). Reaching the corner at the end of the road a man passed us with no mouth, no slit, just smooth skin like nothing should have been there. Me and my cousin both saw it and looked at each other shocked. We tried telling our parents but they said we were being stupid.

Years later I asked my cousin about it and he has no recollection. Perhaps it is a false memory generated by my mind or perhaps we did see it and he has blocked it out. As a random memory to it, I even remember being treated and having a packet of 'Munchies' from the shop!

When I was a kid we were visiting relatives in Bispham, Blackpool. Both families were walking on the road parallel to but one behind the promenade towards Norbreck (for anyone who knows where I mean). Reaching the corner at the end of the road a man passed us with no mouth, no slit, just smooth skin like nothing should have been there. Me and my cousin both saw it and looked at each other shocked. We tried telling our parents but they said we were being stupid.

Years later I asked my cousin about it and he has no recollection. Perhaps it is a false memory generated by my mind or perhaps we did see it and he has blocked it out. As a random memory to it, I even remember being treated and having a packet of 'Munchies' from the shop!
bw1S2lp.png

Seeing something, phoning someone to tell them about it, then later having no memory of it & accusing them of dreaming it, is surely on another level entirely.
different scenario ... you dont seem sure of which airport she was at (or flying to ?) during the call what else did she talk to you about ?

I can think of several occasions when people have told me about strange events, later to deny them. For some of us, anomalies become a fascination and the subject of study, however inconclusive. The vast majority of people deal with them by ignoring them and forgetting them.

It does tend to make you seem like a fantasist if you have retained a clear memory of the night two friends were followed home by a small UFO, when they themselves have none. :alien:

different scenario ... you dont seem sure of which airport she was at (or flying to ?) during the call what else did she talk to you about ?

Wasn't me - it was ginoides post no 8. I was just commenting on the weirdness.

I can think of several occasions when people have told me about strange events, later to deny them. For some of us, anomalies become a fascination and the subject of study, however inconclusive. The vast majority of people deal with them by ignoring them and forgetting them.
This has been my frustrating experience too. Even members of my family have clammed up when I asked them to repeat what they'd told me years earlier about strange occurrences. In their case, it might be 'the religion' holding them back.

Wasn't me - it was ginoides post no 8. I was just commenting on the weirdness.
ah yes, just thinking the "miscommunication" on the call may have been a matter of emphasis ... the party at the airport has a number of things to sort out prior to flying, calls home, happens to mention a guy who walks past ... "jesus its like that guy has no eyes, nothing" ... the listening party, just woken up, a little bleary, latches onto that part of the exchange, lodges in their memory ... to the other party it was just a throwaway remark, as soon as the guy had cleared it was forgotten ... as to whether he actually had eyes or not, who knows

Have you told us about it?

I've said about the incident, but not the reaction. Basically my mate and I saw something in the sky, I pointed it out by saying 'what's that' or something, he looked and said 'I don't know' (I could write for the pictures you know) he saw it though. Next night he raised the incident that made us look up, a low flying helicopter, but when I mentioned the thing we'd seen right behind it, he just looked at me.

Men don't need to remember things, women do that for them
:mcoat:
Shall I make you feel a bit ill? Okay then. Husband and I were trying to remember the name of a music venue in Bathgate. He thought it was Orange something and I thought it was Purple something. Turns out its Purple Orange. Together we got the name correct. Aww!

Yes. You did not dream it. I think he was Stockport area. He spoke of Bigfeet visiting him in his room but when he went to their place - the woods - they were much more shy.

I stumbled across the thread a few months back so it is still here. The videos were on Youtube but seem to have disappeared. :bear:
Yes. You did not dream it. I think he was Stockport area. He spoke of Bigfeet visiting him in his room but when he went to their place - the woods - they were much more shy.

I stumbled across the thread a few months back so it is still here. The videos were on Youtube but seem to have disappeared. :bear:

Bigfeet! Loving this for the plural :rollingw:

Edit - plural quotes and all!

You know I rather wish you hadn't asked that, especially after the mention of werewolves as when I described it to him he said he has seen it too but that he thought the figure was more dog-shaped. :wide:

As to how far away, difficult to judge distances but it was close-ish. Not right next to the train but not off in the distance either.

I’m possibly reaching a bit here but here goes. When you say it’s ‘blackness’ was a kind of ‘absense’ (this is terrifying), perhaps whatever it was might shift shape, so to speak. Maybe we would each perceive it slightly differently.
This is truly fascinating.

The forgetting is weird. If I was your husband I’d be going nuts trying to recall that!

I’m possibly reaching a bit here but here goes. When you say it’s ‘blackness’ was a kind of ‘absense’ (this is terrifying), perhaps whatever it was might shift shape, so to speak. Maybe we would each perceive it slightly differently.
This is truly fascinating.

The forgetting is weird. If I was your husband I’d be going nuts trying to recall that!
Well I wondered if he might have seen it from a slightly different angle. He was sitting closest to the window. Although I am not sure which is worse, dog-like or human-like or something shape-shifting in between. :boh:

(PS, I like your avatar!)

Man on train from Exeter '100% sure' he saw Bigfoot in a field
The man reported that he left Exeter late in the morning, and there were few people on the train as it approached Bristol
By
Richard BoothHead Of Content
  • 11:48, 10 MAY 2018
  • UPDATED11:54, 10 MAY 2018

A train passenger claims he saw a Bigfoot-like creature walking in a field while on a train from Exeter to Bristol.

The eye-witness said he was on a train to Bristol Temple Meads, which was approaching the city on a Friday morning in November last year, when he saw a massive creature taking huge strides along a hedgerow.

The Bristol Post write that the report was made to the British Bigfoot Sightings group – a team of researchers based around the country who collect and investigate sightings of upright hairy ape-like creatures in this country.

Ghostly goings on in Devon as more say they've seen things at Pomeroy Castle
The man reported that he left Exeter late in the morning, and there were few people on the train as it approached Bristol.

etc...

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/man-train-exeter-100-sure-1552070??

It reminds me more of a poltergeist than a bigfoot. Never heard of a stone-throwing bigfoot.
Hominins around the world such as yeti, bigfoot and the almasty have all been recorded as hurling rocks by witnesses. Some kill deer and other prey animals by hitting them with rocks. I'm not suggesting that this case involved a hominin though!

At our last Edinburgh Fortean Society we had a speaker talking about Bigfoot in Scotland. I will be honest and say I wasn't really expecting to be impressed but the speaker was very compelling and the account of her initial sighting sounded almost exactly like something I have seen myself but couldn't put a name to. I reproduce it here for your interest/scorn.

A few months ago my husband and I went to Cardiff on holiday. We went by train and of course spent a fair amount of time looking out of the window. At some point, somewhere in England between Scotland and Wales (annoyingly I can't remember where) the train left a station and soon passed a wood with a field next to it. I saw something. I saw something weird. I only caught a glimpse as the train passed by. After a short space of time suitable between two people who don't quite know whether to say anything to each other or not, my husband looked at me. His expression suggested he had seen something weird but wasn't sure how to express it. I asked him if he had seen something weird and he said he had. I had seen a humanoid figure at the edge of the wood. I got the impression it was facing away from me but I am not sure how as it was entirely black. Not like someone wearing black clothes but like a total absence of that figure in the landscape (this is also how the bigfoot lady described the blackness of her creature). And it was freakishly large. I can't really say how big but just too big.

The really annoying part is – my husband now has absolutely no recollection of having seen this!

The blackness puts me in mind of the black stick men but mine wasn't very stick like and in fact pretty broad. Could the UK version of Bigfoot be the same or a similar phenomenon to the BSM?

Most of my Fortean experiences have been either really cool or interesting without being scary but this has rather disturbed me. :ghunt:
The description you give is almost exactly the same as the the description given by Jon Downes of the thing he saw at Bolham Lake. Here is a write up of the investigation but Jon dosn't go into much detail. http://www.cfz.org.uk/expeditions/03bolam/index.htm

He called it 'a man shaped hole in reality'. A 7 foot plus man shaped thing of pure blackness that stood out even against the night.

He called it 'a man shaped hole in reality'. A 7 foot plus man shaped thing of pure blackness that stood out even against the night.
Yes, that was it (although I saw mine in daylight). There is definitely something causing these experiences.

'a man shaped hole in reality'
One of the few things I've seen or not seen that I can't explain if you get my drift.I know I posted this many years ago but not sure what thread.
Was driving down a lane ,thick woodland either side,on my way to try to track down some Wild Boar. A boar sized (not shape) black "hole"ran into the woods on the left hand side of the lane.It was just an amorphous void,no definiate edges,could not understand or explain what it was.What was really wierd was that the first thing I thought was "Blackbird", immediately followed by "Who the f*** are you trying to kid?", it really felt like something had put "Blackbird" in my mind. Someone at the time possibly Swan suggested a tulpa caused by my youngest (autistic) son, good a reason as any.

I find this notion fascinating. 'A man shaped hole in reality'. Something which, for some unknown reason, cannot be interpreted. Like some kind of... weird hex is preventing you. Like some kind of natural camouflage?

I live out in Warwickshire. We often see prototype cars from Jaguar, Land Rover and Aston Martin
driving around the region. You'll know it's a prototype because of the paintwork. Black and white swirls or zig zags, designed to make it difficult to pick out detail if the car is photographed. Something like this:

CAMO-5-jumbo.jpg

Now obviously that is nothing like the black space being described above. But I'm not wondering if something akin to a similar principle isn't someway in play here. A natural kind of camouflage designed to keep the human eye (or... whatever's eye) off seeing it.

Just musing.........Some animals and plants emit light at wavelengths towards the ends of the spectrum visible too humans, is it possible that this is something similar? or even that they absorb some wavelengths and so appear really black to us?

A natural kind of camouflage designed to keep the human eye (or... whatever's eye) off seeing it.
Interesting idea but somehow even scarier. It sounds a bit like the *Peril Sensitive Sunglasses in Hitchhikers. What would I have seen had that camouflage not been there? :cskull:

*Sunglasses that, at the first hint of anything frightening, turned completely black thus preventing the wearer from seeing anything that might alarm them.

Interesting idea but somehow even scarier. It sounds a bit like the *Peril Sensitive Sunglasses in Hitchhikers. What would I have seen had that camouflage not been there? :cskull:

*Sunglasses that, at the first hint of anything frightening, turned completely black thus preventing the wearer from seeing anything that might alarm them.

When I started my last post I did think that maybe I should have tied it into a Somebody Else's Problem field theory. :)

But yeah. Some kind of wavelength based camouflage (as nicnac168 suggested above) could be plausible.

Yes. It's deeply annoying. As a kid in the early 80s I recall the day that the Early Warning Siren in Coventry went off by mistake. I can remember my parents, and all the neighbours, poking their heads out into the street to question what the hell was going on.

My parents do not remember this ever happening. For years I would bring this up and they wouldn't believe it ever happened. Then last year I actually proved it happened via a few online local news articles referencing the event.

Then of course they were all like 'Oh! Oh, you know I do vaguely remember *something* like that...'.
God - I remember the Early Warning siren going off by accident happened all over Coventry/Nuneaton area but had not thought of it for years!!

Back