• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Odd People: Cranks, Eccentrics & Nutters

Another white woman identifies as black incident. Cosmetic surgery & fake tanning involved.

Before
Tanning-Addict-Barbie-Wants-To-Be-Crispy-Brown-HOOKED-ON-THE-LOOK.jpg

And after. Good lord..

Tanning-Addict-Barbie-Wants-To-Be-Crispy-Brown-HOOKED-ON-THE-LOOK.jpg

She was also on an episode of Botched. She wanted butt implants. The doctors refused to operated on her. She's apparently getting melanin injections to achieve this skin tone.

re disturbing breast surgery: an American bloke called Brian Zembic had breast implants in a $100,000 bet back in 1996. He was supposed to keep them for a year but liked them so much he stuck with the look.

These days he just has that normal middle aged saggy moob thing going and last I read, he was considering further 'perking' surgery.

I first read about him about 20 years ago in a magazine. Weirdo.
Canadian.

There's logic to it - she needs the arse implants to counterbalance those massive tits & stop herself falling forwards. Makes perfect sense.
Surely bigger feet are required in such a scenario?

Surely bigger feet are required in such a scenario?

I dunno - I'm not aware of foot implants & the arse variety would counterbalance the strain on her backbone creating a harmonious equilibrium.

The adventures of a man and his dead dog are so hilarious you might want to consider stuffing your pet. Mitch Byers’s Jack Russell may have died four years ago, but she’s probably made more new friends than you did this year.

As soon as Mitch, from Portland, Oregon, posted a picture of Phoebe online he found an eager audience waiting for their next escapade. The 26-year-old likes to take the taxidermied dog along for road trips, but he has to put a sign in the window to stop people worrying. It reads: ‘Don’t worry, the dog is already dead. She’s taxidermied. Please don’t break my window.’

pri_64140909.jpg

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/30/man-t...desktop.article.share.top.twitter?ito=cbshare

Last edited by a moderator:
Odd folk but you get some families like that, I bet it'll be passed on to the kids. This story is a bit fishy though, really scales new depths.

Gardaí were called to a morning screening of the Disney children’s film Finding Dory when it had to be abandoned after a family refused to move from plush, premium recliner seats in the front row of a cinema.

The family was asked by an attendant to move only to nearby seats in the front row but declined and a heated row ensued. Details of what happened emerged in an unsuccessful discrimination case taken by the family against the cinema in question.

The family claimed discrimination on the grounds of family status under the Equal Status Act as they were not provided with accommodation for a child’s buggy.

However, Workplace Relations Commission (WRC) adjudication officer, Pat Brady, in an assessment that is highly critical of the family, dismissed the claim as “vexatious and without any merit whatsoever”.

The case arose after the family went to the unidentified cinema on Sunday morning, November 13th, 2016, to see Finding Dory. ...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/cri...ema-seats-loses-discrimination-case-1.3445045

Hierarchical Bayesian models of delusion Daniel Williams
Faculty of Philosophy, Trinity Hall, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom Cognition and Philosophy Laboratory, Monash University, Australia

1. Introduction
“In the normally functioning brain information from different sources is combined in a statistically optimal manner. The mechanism for achieving this is well captured in a Bayesian framework”. (Frith and Friston, 2013, p. 5) “In our model, hierarchy is key”. (Corlett, Honey, & Fletcher, 2016, p. 1148)

What is the probability that you will become the Emperor of Antarctica? That you are the left foot of God? That you are the victim of a conspiracy perpetrated by the Pope and the CIA? Most people would assign an extremely low probability to such propositions, if they were to consider them at all. Famously, however, the mathematician and Nobel laureate John Nash believed all three to be true to be true at various points in his life (Capps, 2004; Coltheart, 2007, p.1057). Such convictions are paradigmatic examples of delusional beliefs. They come in a wide variety of forms and arise from a comparably diverse range of underlying causes—in Nash’s case, his long battle with schizophrenia. Despite substantial disagreement concerning how best to define delusional beliefs—indeed, whether they should properly be characterised as a species of belief at all—there is a widespread consensus that they comprise a genuine psychological kind in need of explanation (Bortolotti, 2010; Coltheart, 2007; Gerrans, 2014).1 Why do people form such delusions? And why do they retain them in the face of seemingly incontrovertible evidence against them?

Sounds like John Nash was a lot of fun at a party.

Emperor of Antarctica. That has a nice ring to it. Maybe if I behave well and I'm really lucky, that prestigious title will turn up under my avatar.

Meanwhile in sunny Dundee...a new fashion trend hits the streets
Shock as man takes dog on walk in Dundee with lampshade around head
by Adam Hill
April 17, 2018, 11:02 am
A man was lightheaded after being videoed walking his dog along a busy Dundee street with a lampshade for a hat.

The man, whose identity is unknown, was seen just after 5pm yesterday – sporting the large fixture – walking his pet dog along City Road, in the Pole Park area of the city.

etc

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/...on-walk-in-dundee-with-lampshade-around-head/

Looks like something trailing behind it, plastic that it was wrapped in, has he nicked it?.

Looks like something trailing behind it, plastic that it was wrapped in, has he nicked it?.

Wouldn't be surprised, or he couldn't find a pair of stockings so decided to rob a bank with a lampshade on his head.

Oooooor, it's a collapsed umbrella, tho I doubt that, oooooor he has bought it and can't be arsed to carry it

Yesterday I sat in my favorite reading spot in a Rotterdam diner when I noticed that another visitor was almost spherical. I had seen him from the front when entering and noticed his size. But later I saw him from the back and was stunned. Most big people are just pear shaped not spherical.

Yesterday I sat in my favorite reading spot in a Rotterdam diner when I noticed that another visitor was almost spherical. I had seen him from the front when entering and noticed his size. But later I saw him from the back and was stunned. Most big people are just pear shaped not spherical.
Mr 5 by 5?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Five_by_Five

And inside all of that mass of lardy meat, a skinny man, not trying to get out, but slumbering very snuggly upon the bone structure while the poor skeleton hangs it all up for the world to see.

A weird little incident yesterday with what I can only call a troll - not in the mythical creature sort of way but a real-life face-to-face bloke attempting to wind me up in the manner of an internet troll. It was odd.

I was riding along the canal towpath when I stopped to take some pictures of a duck and her 10 or so ducklings (awww, so cute!). I was just about to get back on my bike when a passing boater accused me of littering - I was near a large pile of fly-tipped rubbish. Yep, I always carry tons of rubbish in my cycling backpack! I am absolutely fanatical about not littering, pick other people's litter up, tell litterers off (and once had death threats when I threw some litter back into the car from which it came - he was not amused but couldn't bear to leave his car to kill me!!!).

But the more this conversation went on, the more it became clear it was just to wind me up. Odd. It continued an hour later when I was cycling back. I denied littering, he said he couldn't hear me over the sound of his engine, except when I called him a 'worthless waste of humanity', he told me to f*** off and offered to settle it with a fight. I rode off, but it was an unsettling experience. But I think - I hope - I left him more wound up than me. He was the one reduced to swearing and threats of violence.

There was no danger to me. His boat was about five yards from me when the conversation ended and I was always able to ride off.

Some strange folk out there.

A weird little incident yesterday with what I can only call a troll - not in the mythical creature sort of way but a real-life face-to-face bloke attempting to wind me up in the manner of an internet troll. It was odd.

I was riding along the canal towpath when I stopped to take some pictures of a duck and her 10 or so ducklings (awww, so cute!). I was just about to get back on my bike when a passing boater accused me of littering - I was near a large pile of fly-tipped rubbish. Yep, I always carry tons of rubbish in my cycling backpack! I am absolutely fanatical about not littering, pick other people's litter up, tell litterers off (and once had death threats when I threw some litter back into the car from which it came - he was not amused but couldn't bear to leave his car to kill me!!!).

But the more this conversation went on, the more it became clear it was just to wind me up. Odd. It continued an hour later when I was cycling back. I denied littering, he said he couldn't hear me over the sound of his engine, except when I called him a 'worthless waste of humanity', he told me to f*** off and offered to settle it with a fight. I rode off, but it was an unsettling experience. But I think - I hope - I left him more wound up than me. He was the one reduced to swearing and threats of violence.

There was no danger to me. His boat was about five yards from me when the conversation ended and I was always able to ride off.

.[/QUOT]

Did
y.

you catch the name of the boat?

I wouldn't bother yourself about this is any way shape or form.

Pissed up boaters are no different from anyone other drunk arses and you don't know how far they'll go.

As if you are going to do anything with some drunk idiot on a boat ffs.

good call by you. Sad for the boat I'd say

Some strange folk out there.

Maybe he left the rubbish there and is doing the usual "Blame someone else" trick.

I think this belongs here, Hermit type thief living in woods in a camouflaged hideout.

A former British soldier suspected of a series of burglaries in central France has been caught after spending five months on the run.

The man, 51, was discovered after police and locals combed through the woods near Surin village.

Police found more than 200 objects in his secret hideout, including mobile phones, jewels and cooking equipment.

The suspect had been using his army training and survival skills to live the camouflaged shelter, police say.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44230935

My Facebook "on this day" reminder yesterday displayed a post of mine from 8 years ago. I'm glad it did. I'll not go on memory but just quote my own on the day report:

"We met the most remarkable woman today, on the way to the funeral. Remarkable that is by her own account...which was long and full of casual praise for her own vast achievements and triumphant misfortunes. One eyed and frazzle haired she talked exactly like Kitty from Victoria Wood. Wish I'd had a tape recorder. And a kosh."

And

" Her funniest boast was having one leg shorter than the other, but going out dancing in spite of it... "I learned to dance on roller skates"....

She advised small business, won the hearts of young families, had just built her own stairwell (!), had a higher mathematical qualification than Carol Vorderman, had been shot at by the IRA...amongst others...and couldn;t go to new zealand cos you can;t get the ketamine out there. She was one of 15,000 women on the wirral with heamophilia, all first borns to men who'd worked with radiation, and they were on the phone to each other as soon as they spotted a product with vitamin K in it. She quoted the praise she recieved from strangers, freely, "he said to me, you talk a lot of sense you do"...and had been called unique, odd, one of a kind, strange, a bit peculiar and a national treasure. She also had a good heart. She informed us."

My Facebook "on this day" reminder yesterday displayed a post of mine from 8 years ago. I'm glad it did. I'll not go on memory but just quote my own on the day report:

"We met the most remarkable woman today, on the way to the funeral. Remarkable that is by her own account...which was long and full of casual praise for her own vast achievements and triumphant misfortunes. One eyed and frazzle haired she talked exactly like Kitty from Victoria Wood. Wish I'd had a tape recorder. And a kosh."

And

" Her funniest boast was having one leg shorter than the other, but going out dancing in spite of it... "I learned to dance on roller skates"....

She advised small business, won the hearts of young families, had just built her own stairwell (!), had a higher mathematical qualification than Carol Vorderman, had been shot at by the IRA...amongst others...and couldn;t go to new zealand cos you can;t get the ketamine out there. She was one of 15,000 women on the wirral with heamophilia, all first borns to men who'd worked with radiation, and they were on the phone to each other as soon as they spotted a product with vitamin K in it. She quoted the praise she recieved from strangers, freely, "he said to me, you talk a lot of sense you do"...and had been called unique, odd, one of a kind, strange, a bit peculiar and a national treasure. She also had a good heart. She informed us."
I know somebody like that. Generally, I keep out of range.

Back