• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Michelle Rodriguez was lambasted for suggesting that putting non-white actors into traditionally white roles was patronising because non-white actors should by all rights have their own characters to play, but she has a point. Audiences can always detect pandering - look at the whitewashing complaints as a contrast (Ghost in the Shell, Doctor Strange, etc).

But I have no objections to a black British superspy in a part better tailored to the right star, how about a Brit equivalent of Black Panther or something like it? Or British-Asian? OK, I just want Omid Djalili to play Bond.

What's Blofeld up to now?
Mount Shinmoedake: Warning over Japan's James Bond volcano
_100357572_de44.jpg
Image copyrightNIPPON HOSO KYOKAI
Authorities in Japan have warned people of the risk of large flying rocks within 4km (2.5 miles) of an erupting volcano on Kyushu island.

Mount Shinmoedake has been spewing ash for days but eruptions turned explosive very early on Saturday.

Volcanic activity there could continue for several months, experts say.

In the 1967 James Bond film You Only Live Twice, Mount Shinmoedake was used to depict the exterior of a criminal organisation's secret lair.

etc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-43356337

When you were young and your heart was an open book .. my favourite 007 film and the making of that bit when Bond runs across those crocodiles .. no Sir Rogers were harmed in the making of this scene ..

Looks like Idris Elba is making enigmatic moves to indicate he may be Bond after all... but he'll be pushing fifty once they get Daniel Craig's finale out the way. Do we want to go back to the days of A View to a Kill where Sir Roger was romancing ladies young enough to be his granddaughter? Most people prefer seeing Idris in TV series anyway, don't they?

The last I heard (at the start of the year) Danny Boyle will be filming some of Bond 25 in North Norfolk .. no joke .. has anyone got any more production updates ?

A View To A Pier
Crabbing Is Forever

The last I heard (at the start of the year) Danny Boyle will be filming some of Bond 25 in North Norfolk .. no joke .. has anyone got any more production updates ?

A View To A Pier
Crabbing Is Forever

Hope you get work as an extra in it!

A pound to a pinch of shit they use Holkham beach.

maximus otter
Cheers and you're probably right, I'd already heard about the Gwyneth Paltrow connection .. I can't imagine any other reason for them to be filming here unless there is a beach scene .. or maybe they want to film at a stately home or two?. Knowing Boyle's new Royal connections, it wouldn't surprise me if they even film something at Sandringham.

It wouldn’t shock me if they somehow incorporated the Muckleburgh Collection of AFVs.

maximus otter
I've been there (the Muckleburgh Collection) .. one of my mates has two lock ups of WW2 replica and genuine stuff, he's heavily into the Sheringham 1940's weekend and also does stuff for that museum.

Yeah go on then .. but only if Shady can play Money Penny .. none negotiable

Aaaaand Danny Boyle's just left Bond 25 over "creative differences". Maybe they didn't like the musical number?

Aaaaand Danny Boyle's just left Bond 25 over "creative differences". Maybe they didn't like the musical number?
Bollocks .. I was looking forward to trying to gate crash that shoot as well ..

Can't find the thread on black lady 007 so this goes here . It's a question of reading comprehension. James bond is not going to be a black woman. He's just been let go and replaced as the person bearing the code name '007'.

“There is a pivotal scene at the start of the film where M says, “Come in 007”, and in walks Lashana who is black, beautiful and a woman,” the source said. “It’s a popcorn-dropping moment. Bond is still Bond but he’s been replaced as 007.”

Can't find the thread on black lady 007 so this goes here . It's a question of reading comprehension. James bond is not going to be a black woman. He's just been let go and replaced as the person bearing the code name '007'.

“There is a pivotal scene at the start of the film where M says, “Come in 007”, and in walks Lashana who is black, beautiful and a woman,” the source said. “It’s a popcorn-dropping moment. Bond is still Bond but he’s been replaced as 007.”

But then how am I supposed to be angry at anybody?

You haven't thought this through.

But then how am I supposed to be angry at anybody?

You haven't thought this through.
Actually it occurs to me that maybe I couldn't find the thread because there isn't one per the politics rule; I'm happy to delete my post.

Actually it occurs to me that maybe I couldn't find the thread because there isn't one per the politics rule; I'm happy to delete my post.

We're ok so far...

In fairness, they must run out of those 00 numbers quite quickly.

Back