• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Interesting. somewhere on another thread is an account of a dream I had ages ago concerning a possible terrorist outrage in a town in the north of England, which I tentatively identified as Halifax, Yorkshire... I'll see if I can find it and either link to it or repost here.

Last edited:
Found it: posted on May 31st 2015 in "Strange dreams". (http://forum.forteantimes.com/index.php?threads/strange-dreams.40654/page-2#post-1511318) If any passing moderators will excuse the duplication, it reads :-

Here's an interesting one. Firstly, i'm using a borrowed laptop nad realising how much I hate a `computer that doesn't have a mouse and whose functions I'm havin g to work out as I go along. So there will be errors and it will be slow.

For obvious reasons I'm hoping this is not a prophetic or a predictive dream. But just to exorcise it.

dreamt on the night of Thurs 28th - Fri 29th May.

I was in a street which looked vaguely faimiliar and felt comfortably like home, ie somewhere in the N or NW of England. Old Victorian buildings in a town or city centre, walking with a friend. It felt like the commerical or local gov't hub of the town, a bank or town hall feel to it, reminiscent of streets and roads around Albert Square or Manchester Town Hall. (Although a little voice was suggesting "Yorkshire", for some reason. ) the weather had an oppressive "just about to rain" feel to it - summer storm - and the sky was afternoon-dark.

At an intersection of two`streets, a sort of crossroads, we looked over to the right and saw three men dressed in black, Youngish, twenties or thirties. All were dark-haired and bearded and wore headscarves or bandanas in a colour that was predominently red. These were loosely knotted at the back and appeared to have text or writing on. The men had a middle eastern appearance and all were carrying knives `or large swords. One was carrying his overhead asa if poised to cut. The friend with me in the dream got alarmed and said he was going to get out of this, and vanished.

This left me on my own. I looked over to my left and saw a second group of three men, similarly armed and dressed. They looked as if they were waiting for a`signal, as if they were about to break in to a building through a door. Both groups were aware of each other and looked as if they were performing a co-ordinated action. I was aware of being on further than thirty-five yards from either group and knew I'd better get out too.Especially - last memory - when they relaised I was watching! But a growing awareness was there that I should memorise as much of the scene as possible "for later" and tell people, as this `wasn't just a dream.

So - here it is.

I have to say I'm not paranoid about Islam or Islamically-related violence. know no religion can be judged by a small minority of extremist nutjobs (or American Christianity would be damned too). I know it could happen, and while I'm 200 miles `away from the most likely place - London - it could be any British town or city. I don't stress about this and go about life `as normal. It's possible, even probable, there'll be another attack in Britain, but a thousand other horrible things are more possible and I don't stress about those either.

So... why this dream, and why now, indicating a possible act of terrorism, in the north of England, soon...

I posted this on the other thread, but I'll re-post it here:

For fun, I'd like to share two supposedly prophetic dreams two other friends/co-workers have shared with me. We'll see if they turn out to be true.

The Algebra teacher's son had a dream about President Trump (it's scary enough already) giving a speech complaining that he couldn't accomplish any of his promises, because congress wouldn't let him (if we are unfortunate enough to have a President Trump, let's hope this part is at least).

The long term sub has told us that he had a dream about him and group of men looking down the mesa, observing military men training in formation. For what it's worth, he believes the dream is already beginning to come true, because while he didn't recognize any of the men with him at the time, he says he recognized me as one when we met.

We have a winner.

Posted in 2016 before Trump was elected...and he keeps getting hamstrung by Congress.

If you can have another dream in which the wig wearing, small handed goon gets impeached and jailed the world would be truly grateful.

I'm not sure if this topic is where this fits but I will give it ago.

A number of years back when my brother was 12 or 13 years old, he woke from a dream somewhat upset. The reason for his distress was that he had dreamt mum had passed away and the funeral was taking place. At this time mum would have been about 39 years in real life. In the dream, my brother noticed that dad was missing from the scene playing out before him. It was this specific point for some unknown reason that, on waking troubled him the most. Time passed and although the effects of the dream like most others, didn't especially play on his mind he never forgot it. Fast forwards 6 or so years when totally out of the blue and still very young, dad died. No warning, no expectation, no nothing. He had just completed a 12 hour shift at work, appeared fit, well and full of life, yet within an hour of getting in from work was in a coma. Twelve hours later he was dead. Mum continued to live until she was 63, when again totally unexpected, she collapsed and was dead within moments. Was my brother's dream all those years earlier a premonition or was it just a coincidence?

When my nan ( grandmother) died, my late mum moved back into what was her parents home so she could take care of her father. On the night he died, I woke from a dream were my mum was moving the gas fire from my grandparents house and was trying to fit it into what was my parents/family home with no success. I remember waking Mr B up and saying that I thought Granddad has passed on as I couldnt think why my mum would be taking bits of his house apart for any other reason than that. This was around 3 am or just after. At 7am the phone rang and it was my mum telling me that granddad had in fact died during the night, the time he died was 3.25 am.

Another weird dream ( I have many weird dreams) I had relates to another family member and her death. In real life she had been to see her gp as she felt out of sorts but couldnt put her finger on why. The GP ordered blood tests and had called her back to discuss the results. Due to something showing in the blood results, she had to go immediately to hospital and have further tests which showed lots of fluid in her abdomen. She was admitted the same day although the consultant assured us it was just as a precaution and they wanted to drain some of the fluid off, but she would be back home in a day or two. A couple of nights later I woke up suddenly, dreaming that I had seen her laid out in bed in a completely different hospital. She was in a small room with just one medium sized window and although initially the sun shone in through the window, very suddenly the sky outside showed it was nighttime. To look at her she was very thin and drawn, her skin very sunken. Around a week later, and while she was still in her original hospital, Mr B and I were called in to see the consultant treating her. we were told that they had found a 'secondary' cancer. This came as a massive surprise as no one including her, knew she had got any cancer at all. In fact, she had been living it up big time on holiday only 6 weeks before being admitted into hospital and other than the fluid and general feeling that something was 'off' she felt amazingly well. The consultant said that all would be fine and that she was 'curable'. To cut along story short, she died 10 months later, in a small room with a medium window in the middle of summer at 11o'clock at night, looking very thin and drawn and in a completely different hospital to the one she was diagnosed in.

Was my brother's dream all those years earlier a premonition or was it just a coincidence?

My grandparents had a child who died of cancer in the 1930s. Some children are born with it, very sadly. Little Joyce was nearly 5 when she succumbed.

Back then death wasn't discussed around children so even while Joyce was in the hospital and it was obvious that she was dying, she was encouraged to look forward to going home.

One day though she turned to her mother and said 'I'm not coming home with you. I dreamed that I'm going to be an angel. Dad will come to me first and then you, but not for a long, long time, and we'll all be angels together.'

'Gone to be an angel' was my grandparents' euphemism, when they absolutely HAD to tell a child someone had died. 'Death' was not mentioned.

So little Joyce foresaw her own death - probably not difficult on a ward with other children who'd suddenly disappear in the night - and knew too that her parents would die, and in which order, and that they'd be old. She was entirely right as she was dead soon afterwards, and her father lived to his 70s and her mother to her 80s.

This story was often retold when my grandmother was alive. We buried my grandparents with Joyce and they are all together, as she said they would be.

My grandparents had a child who died of cancer in the 1930s. Some children are born with it, very sadly. Little Joyce was nearly 5 when she succumbed.

Back then death wasn't discussed around children so even while Joyce was in the hospital and it was obvious that she was dying, she was encouraged to look forward to going home.

One day though she turned to her mother and said 'I'm not coming home with you. I dreamed that I'm going to be an angel. Dad will come to me first and then you, but not for a long, long time, and we'll all be angels together.'

'Gone to be an angel' was my grandparents' euphemism, when they absolutely HAD to tell a child someone had died. 'Death' was not mentioned.

So little Joyce foresaw her own death - probably not difficult on a ward with other children who'd suddenly disappear in the night - and knew too that her parents would die, and in which order, and that they'd be old. She was entirely right as she was dead soon afterwards, and her father lived to his 70s and her mother to her 80s.

This story was often retold when my grandmother was alive. We buried my grandparents with Joyce and they are all together, as she said they would be.
I've just tried to find a picture for you of two of my ancestors on my Dad's side of the family, I've got a ton of amazing pictures going back to not long after 1860 (on disc and somewhere on my computer) .. anyway .. this couple were old, married and still very much in love (as my Grandma tells it) .. She was struck down and in bed with a life threatening condition and not long after, so was her husband. Our family kept this news from her because she was also dying, and eventually did, in another room in the house. After he'd died and without her knowing but on the same day, she said "I'm coming now George" .. just before she croaked ..

(I'm going to have another go at finding that pic of them now)

I've just tried to find a picture for you of two of my ancestors on my Dad's side of the family, I've got a ton of amazing pictures going back to not long after 1860 (on disc and somewhere on my computer) .. anyway .. this couple were old, married and still very much in love (as my Grandma tells it) .. She was struck down and in bed with a life threatening condition and not long after, so was her husband. Our family kept this news from her because she was also dying, and eventually did, in another room in the house. After he'd died and without her knowing but on the same day, she said "I'm coming now George" .. just before she croaked ..

(I'm going to have another go at finding that pic of them now)

It is stories like these and most others on these boards that along with my own experiences keep me wanting more. :)

It is stories like these and most others on these boards that along with my own experiences keep me wanting more. :)

This board is the place for YOU! :welc:

Also, a year or so ago a poster on another board described how her daughter had been nearly run over at work. The gist was that a driver was impatiently trying to squeeze past her on a filling station forecourt and caught her legs from behind.

Across the Pond, around that time I was asleep and dreaming of being a passenger in a car with an impatient driver who went up behind a young woman working in a field. She was walking backwards carrying a bucket, feeding animals or something, and he nudged the backs of her knees. I was horrified! but he said 'She should get out of the way!'

I've told this story on here before, but I once had a dream that i was locked in a freezer, i could feel my life slipping away from the cold and i couldnt do anything to stop it. The next day I discovered I'd had a miscarriage. I've always felt that that was my mind trying to prepare me, some what, for the future.

This board is the place for YOU! :welc:

:D Thank you. The more odd/weird the happening the more I enjoy reading it! There are loads more stories to tell, (including a tumble dryer with no motor and a telephone that was not connected to a service provider) some just snippets ( the arm in a red checked shirt that disappears around the bottom of the stairs), others more interesting but each one I report here will all be true - cant see the point of making stuff up just to make it seem more interesting.

Very interesting that story escargot, especially as there was a similar happening over the waters at the same time - it is funny how distance means nothing when you move out of this 'here and now' :cooll:

I've told this story on here before, but I once had a dream that i was locked in a freezer, i could feel my life slipping away from the cold and i couldnt do anything to stop it. The next day I discovered I'd had a miscarriage. I've always felt that that was my mind trying to prepare me, some what, for the future.

So sad to read that Cherrybomb, condolences to you. I like to believe that our intuition/gut instinct/ inner selves tell us things to prepare us for some of the bad or sad things in life. My late dad and I had this thing were I would buy the newspaper monday to friday and he would buy them saturday and sunday. On the friday before he died, I woke thinking there was no point buying a paper as he wouldnt read it - I had absolutely no reason as to why I would think that as he always read the paper in the evening following his evening meal. I didn't get a paper that day and within the hour of him coming in from work he was in a coma......he wouldn't have got to read the paper even if I had purchased one.

In January 1986, two weeks before the Challenger space shuttle disaster: I vividly dreamt of the occurrence and recorded it in a dream diary that I was keeping at the time. Then, when the tragic moment actually happened and was reported on TV, I hardly batted an eyelid. I just thought something to myself at the time like: oh, that’s the thing I dreamed about the other night, as if it was somehow not at all extraordinary.

I did mention it to my family that I’d dreamt about it beforehand, but didn’t get excited about it at all. - I don’t know why, because it was just the sort of thing I was keeping the dream diary for. As far as I can remember, I never had a similar foretelling dream prior to that one, and I’m pretty sure I’ve not had anything on the same lines since.

It actually took me several months to fully assimilate the experience and consider the implications that a dream really did show me an event that hadn’t happened yet. The dream itself was very strange, (but dreams rarely aren’t anything but that, I know). I don’t need to convince anyone that this happened- I know it did and I’m sure that my memory of the events didn’t distort them. I can also transcribe my words from the diary entry here, if anyone’s interested. But I found my self asking: this dreaming of an event in the future happened, but what use could it be? I mean: though the dream did tell me that it was the space shuttle that I was seeing, I barely understood it, and didn’t wake in the morning thinking I had to do something about it. I couldn’t have prevented the shuttle explosion and the affair had absolutely no relevance to me that I can see. I wasn’t even slightly interested in space flight, shuttles, or NASA, etc.

In January 1986, two weeks before the Challenger space shuttle disaster: I vividly dreamt of the occurrence and recorded it in a dream diary that I was keeping at the time. Then, when the tragic moment actually happened and was reported on TV, I hardly batted an eyelid. I just thought something to myself at the time like: oh, that’s the thing I dreamed about the other night, as if it was somehow not at all extraordinary.

I did mention it to my family that I’d dreamt about it beforehand, but didn’t get excited about it at all. - I don’t know why, because it was just the sort of thing I was keeping the dream diary for. As far as I can remember, I never had a similar foretelling dream prior to that one, and I’m pretty sure I’ve not had anything on the same lines since.

It actually took me several months to fully assimilate the experience and consider the implications that a dream really did show me an event that hadn’t happened yet. The dream itself was very strange, (but dreams rarely aren’t anything but that, I know). I don’t need to convince anyone that this happened- I know it did and I’m sure that my memory of the events didn’t distort them. I can also transcribe my words from the diary entry here, if anyone’s interested. But I found my self asking: this dreaming of an event in the future happened, but what use could it be? I mean: though the dream did tell me that it was the space shuttle that I was seeing, I barely understood it, and didn’t wake in the morning thinking I had to do something about it. I couldn’t have prevented the shuttle explosion and the affair had absolutely no relevance to me that I can see. I wasn’t even slightly interested in space flight, shuttles, or NASA, etc.

That's amazing. I bet you're interested now!

The Shuttle disaster was foreseen by people who worked on it, and who begged NASA to delay the launch because of a materials problem. (Seals called D-rings became brittle in cold weather, allowing dangerous leakage. The launch was scheduled for a frosty morning.)

So no, you couldn't have done a thing, but people who could wouldn't because they didn't want to look inefficient. They gambled with the crew's lives.

Last night I dreamt there was a huge media controversy because a new comedy drama was accused of joking about Jo Cox's murder. I can't remember what the joke was supposed to have been but the writer said it was a misunderstanding.

I wish I'd discovered this a few weeks ago when I dreamt a polar bear escaped from a zoo and had to be shot. It was a couple of days before those animals did escape.

In January 1986, two weeks before the Challenger space shuttle disaster: I vividly dreamt of the occurrence and recorded it in a dream diary that I was keeping at the time. Then, when the tragic moment actually happened and was reported on TV, I hardly batted an eyelid. I just thought something to myself at the time like: oh, that’s the thing I dreamed about the other night, as if it was somehow not at all extraordinary

I'd love to see that diary entry.
A sceptic would argue thus:
* Everyone dreams.
*Most people dream something every night.
*We forget most of our dreams, only remembering those that strike us as significant in some way.
*Disasters and tragedies are staple subject matter for dreams.
*By the law of averages every now and then somebody somewhere will dream about something that later takes place.
*Those are the dreams which will be remembered. The countless others we have will be forgotten.

Thus Arthur Chudsforth from Crapton-on-Tweed has a dream one night about Noel Edmonds on a carousel, wearing lederhosen and singing `99 Red Balloons` while eating marshmallows. He forgets this dream. The following night Mr Chudsforth dreams that there is an explosion in a chocolate factory and some people drown in chocolate but
Gerry Halliwell manages to save some people. A few days later he reads in the Daily Globe that there has been an explosion at a chocolate factory in Madagascar with some fatalities. He then remembers his last dream (forgetting the bit about Halliwell). He thinks: `Blimey I'm psychic! Wait till Doreen hears this`.

My own `premonitory dream `(I think everyone has at least one) involved seeing John Major signing his autobiography in a shopping mall in Leicester. This confused me (in the dream) because he was the Prime Minister at the time. Then a few days later the shock news appeared that he had resigned as leader in order that others could challenge him for the leadership (circa 1993).

If someone dreams about a fatal car crash and they think it might be a premonition, they ignore the countless fatal car crashes that happen everyday, because most crashes don’t make the news.

It seems it is only a real premonition, if it involves a celebrity or is popular newsworthy.

I'd love to see that diary entry.
A sceptic would argue thus:
* Everyone dreams.
*Most people dream something every night.
*We forget most of our dreams, only remembering those that strike us as significant in some way.
*Disasters and tragedies are staple subject matter for dreams.
*By the law of averages every now and then somebody somewhere will dream about something that later takes place.
*Those are the dreams which will be remembered. The countless others we have will be forgotten.

Thus Arthur Chudsforth from Crapton-on-Tweed has a dream one night about Noel Edmonds on a carousel, wearing lederhosen and singing `99 Red Balloons` while eating marshmallows. He forgets this dream. The following night Mr Chudsforth dreams that there is an explosion in a chocolate factory and some people drown in chocolate but
Gerry Halliwell manages to save some people. A few days later he reads in the Daily Globe that there has been an explosion at a chocolate factory in Madagascar with some fatalities. He then remembers his last dream (forgetting the bit about Halliwell). He thinks: `Blimey I'm psychic! Wait till Doreen hears this`.

My own `premonitory dream `(I think everyone has at least one) involved seeing John Major signing his autobiography in a shopping mall in Leicester. This confused me (in the dream) because he was the Prime Minister at the time. Then a few days later the shock news appeared that he had resigned as leader in order that others could challenge him for the leadership (circa 1993).

Thanks Zeke.
I was 23 years old. It was 18 days before the Challenger disaster occurred, (on 28th January 1986). Here's what I wrote, (make of it what you will...):

I am in the sky. All around me is the brilliant bright blue atmosphere. I can't see the ground, but it never occurs to me that it isn't there, somewhere below. I am not flying along in an aircraft, but rather floating, or almost still, in mid air. I'm not aware of my body at all, but I can see and move at will in all directions. Around me is just the vast expanse of blue and distant clouds are visible in the depth of a haze.
Suddenly, a great missile passes by me, going upward at a slight angle. It has a huge streaming white exhaust trail and actually resembles a cluster of a few missiles fixed together. A bit like one big fat rocket with slimmer boosters around its body.
My instant first reaction is one of enormous dread, with the thought that this is a nuclear weapon that has been fired, shortly to be detonated. I am about to see an atomic explosion!
But in another moment, I was aware that this is not anything like that. A thought, or a voice may have spoken to me, saying: this is the space shuttle. I relaxed again and kept watching as it climbed.
Then: without warning a massive explosion ripped the craft apart. A huge cloud of fire erupted from the largest part of the ensemble. Two of the slimmer rockets fell away from the mass at wide angles, streaming trails of white into the sky. With burning debris raining down, the cloudy trail formed into an enormous y-shape, like a bent-over horned thing, which hung in the air for a while.
I observed all this, aware of the tragic implications. The crew have certainly perished.

I forgot to mention:
The distinct shape that the real explosion formed when it happened two weeks later was exactly what I saw in the dream.

Ok this a frustratingly vague one. Where I know I had a detailed dream, but only recalled doing so later in the morning when all details had already been lost. I can only retrieve snippets of fact about it. But all I know is it involved me predicting the future....

To clarify I know the plot of the dream involved me telling people what i thought might happen "tomorrow" based on, well, presumably a dream! Or perhaps it was based on reading the symbolism of some waking incident. All I know is that I was telling people I thought a plane was going to crash tomorrow..and the imagery on which i had based my predictions was of lots of people lying down on the ground. At least that's all i can recall of it now. I think but cannot swear I was suggesting to whoever that this speculative coming plane crash involved south korea. Again i'm left with snippets of fleeting recollection and can't add any more flesh to the bones than that.

I had one brush with prophetic dreams back in December 1980. I had a dream that John Lennon was shot and killed. The next morning, I awoke to discover the dream had sadly come true. I say it was prophetic but, as far as I can determine, I was having my dream at approximately the same time the event occurred. So, it was almost like remote viewing.

I have never had a recurrence of such a dream. More than once, it seems the superspectrum gives me one glimpse and then moves on to the next guy. I think I'm OK with that. In this case, I was distressed by the dream and then doubly distressed when the event actually come true. I'll gladly leave that whole clairvoyance thing to someone else.

I had one brush with prophetic dreams back in December 1980. I had a dream that John Lennon was shot and killed. The next morning, I awoke to discover the dream had sadly come true. I say it was prophetic but, as far as I can determine, I was having my dream at approximately the same time the event occurred. So, it was almost like remote viewing.

I have never had a recurrence of such a dream. More than once, it seems the superspectrum gives me one glimpse and then moves on to the next guy. I think I'm OK with that. In this case, I was distressed by the dream and then doubly distressed when the event actually come true. I'll gladly leave that whole clairvoyance thing to someone else.

Interesting that you just had the one, single occurrence of this type of dream. Because it was exactly the same for me as far as i’m aware.

Last night I had a dream where I kept hearing the words "Will we ever find out who killed President Trump?!" :dunno:

Not prophetic exactly, but yesterday morning I awoke from a dream in which I heard the expression 'Froxmer Street'. All day I had the term on my mind.

I knew it was a place in Manchester from where the moors murderers abducted their first victim. (I mentioned this on the 'Dreams' thread yesterday.)

Anyway... today is the anniversary of that abduction. Not yesterday, but still a bit spooky. I didn't know that until this afternoon.

This is going to provoke questions to which i do not currently have the answers and may not be in a position to provide them if I ever do. I can only report what I know right now and its apparent relationship to a dream i reported weeks before.

Short version. A Swiss Arab friend has been in London two weeks and his facebook statuses the last few days have alluded to some trauma all his friends seem to know about and to being back home with his family now. This morning his status gives more explicit details...if I've understood it correctly he seems to have been kidnapped or abducted!

My last online conversation with him was one month ago on 15 July. In it I told him I'd had a dream of him. He'd invited me on some euro break. We're in a grand hotel. "During the confusion I lose sight of you.. In the next scene it seems you're a bit of a psycho..you've kidnapped a woman and won't let her go. In an obsessed stalker kind of way. She tries to trick you by pretending to go along with it while waiting for a chance to escape or call me."

This isn't a prophetic dream as such but is linked to a time of my life where I was inhaling heroic amounts of Nitrous Oxide as part of my "psychonaut" phase.

I remember clearly several incidents where I would "pop" into another reality, very real, very lucid and totally convincing.

On one occasion I suddenly found myself in a taxi queue in London. It was nighttime and I was surrounded by a group of young black men (I'm a white guy) who were arguing about a drug deal. One guy was particularly angry with another lad and I watched in horror as he pulled out a knife and stabbed the other boy in the neck. I was watching this but was not able to intervene in any way but I clearly saw the murder and clearly saw the assailant as well as the victim.

I also saw an Asian taxi driver leap out of his car and help the guy on the floor while the group ran off.

I was deeply shocked and was even more horrified when I read and saw that this event had taken place, exactly as I'd seen it at that very time.

It makes little sense that we can see and experience this but cannot interfere.

The one time where I did interact with another person on one of these journeys was when I found myself in a flat in Glasgow with a group of young heroin users. They were all sat around nodding after using when I popped into the room. One young guy opened his eyes and "saw" me. He started shaking his mate awake shouting he'd seen a ghost...too weird.

you mean you actually saw the knife crime case reported in contemporary news ?

Back