• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Moon Landing: Hoaxed?

This is the coolest NASA photo

Oumuamua.jpg

What was he standing on it looks to me that
it was taken from some height camaras were
on their chests but it certainly is a cool pic.

What was he standing on it looks to me that
it was taken from some height camaras were
on their chests but it certainly is a cool pic.

Surveyor 3 had 'bounced' during its landing, and it finally came to rest within a shallow crater. Bean was standing upslope on one side of the crater.

Here's an LRO image of the site that illustrates the topography and orientation ...

Apollo_12_LRO.jpg

Can remember being glued to the telly when the moon landings were happening,
wounder if I will get to see a Mars landing.

Can remember being glued to the telly when the moon landings were happening,
wounder if I will get to see a Mars landing.
Rather than using all that money for a manned mission to Mars I'd like to see it but into more unmanned probes. Perhaps have something bore thru the ice on Europa and see what's down there.

Something that has always puzzled me is where did the probes/spikes on the bottom of the lunar modules feet go? The craft is light, descending at a slow pace. Would this have had enough force to drive the metal rods under the modules feet into the rock?
The spikes went into dust. Where they hit rock (in at least one mission), they bent and broke.

I don't subscribe to the Moon landings being hoaxed but I wouldn't be surprised if certains images had been doctored or recreated.

This approximates to my position on the matter, but such an opinion is almost-universally rejected out of hand.

The mere suggestion that there could have been significant image manipulation (or creation) for a whole range of strategic reasons is viewed as being such a blasphemous perspective that it it is immediately dismissed.

There was a blog post linked here somewhere, in which the author points out that the images sent to newspapers and such were usually PR pictures, as opposed to those intended for science. Makes sense. NASA had an active PR department, and that's a whole other kettle of fish. Images have routinely been manipulated by RP departments since day one. But I suppose maybe they really did airbrush out the local curiosity seekers gawking at the aliens and their weird looking "LEM".

Rather than using all that money for a manned mission to Mars I'd like to see it but into more unmanned probes. Perhaps have something bore thru the ice on Europa and see what's down there.

Already in the pipeline. There is the planned Europa Clipper mission (perhaps to be followed up with a Europa Lander). The Clipper will do multiple flybys which will, amongst other things, check for a suitable site for the proposed Lander. It may also be unnecessary to drill through the ice as it may be possible for Clipper to fly low enough to sample the plumes of vapour Europa throws up from its surface.

Reactions: Jim
I haven't watched this one yet but it's purporting to be debunking the fake moon landing stance ..

The same people who think the moon landings were faked...also believe Elvis lives in Red Wing Minnesota and is an ardent bass fisherman.

:)

The moon is really just a projected image on the inside of the dome some people have been brainwashed into thinking of as "the sky". Of course "They" can add details to the image that fit the wicked lies they are trying to foist off on us. They can't fool me!! o_O

Wonder who built the dome and what's outside it?

Dome....?
oh...post 1020...never mind....
:)

Dr_Baltar,

What is the point in spending money on Europa when the surface temperature never rises above about -160 Centigrade ?

INT21

The moon is really just a projected image on the inside of the dome some people have been brainwashed into thinking of as "the sky". Of course "They" can add details to the image that fit the wicked lies they are trying to foist off on us. They can't fool me!! o_O

Yeah. The whole thing is a conspiracy that it’s really far away so you don’t try and hike there.

..Because vents...

The place is and always will be uninhabitable. Vents or no vents.

Waste of money.

INT21

The place is and always will be uninhabitable. Vents or no vents.

Waste of money.

I dare say the astrobiologists at NASA know a bit more about that subject than anyone here. The Galileo probe indicated there was likely a subsurface ocean on Europa. This may harbour microbial life. You may regard discovering extraterrestrial life as a waste of money, others do not.

Last edited:
I dare say the astrobiologists at NASA know a bit more about that subject than anyone here. The Galileo probe indicated there was likely a subsurface ocean on Europa. This may harbour microbial life. You may regard discovering extraterrestrial life as a waste of money, others do not.
I think finding even microbial life would be the best spent money ever.
Afterwards, we'd all want to go into space, live up there, etc. Dramatic new opportunities await!

As i’ve said before on another thread, we are mostly made up of microbial and bacterial life.

Finding any form of life will only answer one question.

'Can life in any form exist on any other place than Earth ?'.

That in itself will be interesting.

However..

It would be purely of scientific interest as we could not use Europa for any purpose.

Mars is considered to be only marginally habitable and it is much warmer; and closer.

If one is going to do this kind of exploration then at least do it on a planet that we can send people to.

INT21

Jimv1,

..As i’ve said before on another thread, we are mostly made up of microbial and bacterial life..

And these are made of Quarks and possibly even smaller bits. At this level one is made up mostly of the gaps between the sub-atomic particles. I.e. mostly of nothing.

INT21

Jimv1,

..As i’ve said before on another thread, we are mostly made up of microbial and bacterial life..

And these are made of Quarks and possibly even smaller bits. At this level one is made up mostly of the gaps between the sub-atomic particles. I.e. mostly of nothing.

INT21

That’s the bacteria talking.
When you say we couldn’t use Europa for any purpose, I say ‘Yet’.
Ice and water are a valuable commodity in planetary exploration and human expansion.
When you say Mars is closer and marginally habitable, you’re only basing that on the information we’ve gleaned from probing and exploring the planet.

Your statement that finding life in the universe other than on this planet would be ‘interesting’ is probably one of the greatest understatements a Fortean could ever encounter.

That’s the bacteria talking.
When you say we couldn’t use Europa for any purpose, I say ‘Yet’.
Also, other places, such as Titan...unlimited supply of methane.

Back