• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

This is a very long time ago, but one of the posters I remember the best was The Virgin Queen. I wonder ever happened to her...

This is a very long time ago, but one of the posters I remember the best was The Virgin Queen. I wonder ever happened to her...

I was in contact with her on another Fortean board but it had a meltdown. Maladjusted then set up another board and she was on it but I lost touch with her a few years ago. Mal also dropped out from here but we exchange xmas cards.

@Fats_Tuesday Seen browsing today, a very old member.

I wish I could remember what his avatar used to be before it dropped off. I keep on thinking of @August_Verango 's one instead.

Was when I spoke to him last week (was it?).

He has some real life to attend to but has every intention of being back here.

Fair enough, he seemed to have been away for a briefer time than I thought.

does anybody know if P_M is ok? he used to be a mod so i hope the grown ups are in touch with him and he is ok.

does anybody know if P_M is ok? he used to be a mod so i hope the grown ups are in touch with him and he is ok.
Pietro Mercurios? He got angry and stressed and just left. Didn't come back.
No idea what happened to him after that.

He posted more than once that he had compulsive Internet issues, although that's not the reason he finally left.

I think Stu has contact, but to the best of my knowledge they aren't actually in touch.

We used to spar about stuff on the board, but I never bore him any genuine ill will. I used to think he felt the same, but I have subsequently learnt that he really did dislike me!

Last edited:
I remember P_M, I met him in person at an uncon years ago. He seems to have deleted all his posts.

Oh, maybe it was someone else I was thinking of :confused:

He was Androman for a very long time and although the posts are still there the account has become 'anonymous'. He was another long-term ex-pat.

It's curious, Pietro Mercurios's name is mentioned on this thread and his ID link is posted and now I see Guests browsing his profile page.

He posted more than once that he had compulsive Internet issues, although that's not the reason he finally left.

I think Stu has contact, but to the best of my knowledge they aren't actually in touch.

We used to spar about stuff on the board, but I never bore him any genuine ill will. I used to think he felt the same, but I have subsequently learnt that he really did dislike me!
That's a shame, I enjoyed his posts, and although he seemed a bit cantankerous I didn't think there was any malice. I always thought of him and quake as our waters and gilmour .

...We used to spar about stuff on the board, but I never bore him any genuine ill will. I used to think he felt the same, but I have subsequently learnt that he really did dislike me!

I also sparred with PM a lot; similarly, I never bore any ill will - but I was never entirely sure that any magnanimity was reciprocated. Certain posters seem to make a conscious effort to disagree even with those who agree with them - and I'm never quite sure if they are in love with their argument, or just in love with argument.

After a while, it just gets exhausting.

I'm in touch with PM. We chat about this & that, mainly cycling.

Back