• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
The NHS are looking after my Mum tonight, her heart surgery didn't go as smoothly as planned, her heart has swelled, they can't close her up tonight because of that. I'm praying at the moment, I'm not gunning for them. We're lucky to have them at all.
Our thoughts are with you and your Mum.

I'd heard rumours about this sort of thing in the past but just thought they were urban legends.
Look up Bodkin Adams. The establishment effectively conspired to prevent his conviction as it would have been an embarrassment.

Lets be clear. The NHS is a good thing but the meddling with it and the imposition of targets and outsourcing have severely damaged it and the way it is deemed unpatriotic to criticise it is preventing the mistakes and indeed what seems to be various attempt at imposing a policy of deliberate euthanasia getting the full outrage they should. I've had a lot to do with the NHS both as a patient and friends / relatives who are doctors, nurses etc. And some of them are in despair at what is now going on.

Now back to serial killers with only sex or rage as motives. Somehow rather cleaner.

Lets be clear. The NHS is a good thing but the meddling with it and the imposition of targets and outsourcing have severely damaged it and the way it is deemed unpatriotic to criticise it is preventing the mistakes and indeed what seems to be various attempt at imposing a policy of deliberate euthanasia getting the full outrage they should. I've had a lot to do with the NHS both as a patient and friends / relatives who are doctors, nurses etc. And some of them are in despair at what is now going on.

Now back to serial killers with only sex or rage as motives. Somehow rather cleaner.
:yeahthat: .. (and thanks for the kind words folks)

Lets be clear. The NHS is a good thing but the meddling with it and the imposition of targets and outsourcing have severely damaged it and the way it is deemed unpatriotic to criticise it is preventing the mistakes and indeed what seems to be various attempt at imposing a policy of deliberate euthanasia getting the full outrage they should

Universal healthcare is a good thing but that is a different question as to whether the NHS is worthwhile.

This scandal and previous ones are unrelated to targets and outsourcing and are the result of individual actors and a giant organisation focused on covering its arse and protecting the staff ahead of the patients.

Look up Bodkin Adams. The establishment effectively conspired to prevent his conviction as it would have been an embarrassment.

A bizarre case indeed, including this:

In the basement of Adams's house, the police found, "a lot of unused china and silverware. In one room there were 20 new motor car tyres still in their wrappings and several new motor car leaf springs. Wines and spirits were stored in quantity."[53] Hallworth reports that Adams was stockpiling in case of another World War.[54] On the second floor, "one room was given over to an armoury [:] six guns in a glass-fronted display case, several automatic pistols".[53] He had permits for these. Another room was used "wholly for photographic equipment. A dozen very expensive cameras in leather cases" lay around.[53]

Getting ready to be a spiv in any new war.

A bizarre case indeed, including this:

In the basement of Adams's house, the police found, "a lot of unused china and silverware. In one room there were 20 new motor car tyres still in their wrappings and several new motor car leaf springs. Wines and spirits were stored in quantity."[53] Hallworth reports that Adams was stockpiling in case of another World War.[54] On the second floor, "one room was given over to an armoury [:] six guns in a glass-fronted display case, several automatic pistols".[53] He had permits for these. Another room was used "wholly for photographic equipment. A dozen very expensive cameras in leather cases" lay around.[53]

Getting ready to be a spiv in any new war.

Yeah. An early Shipman, really.

On Gosport reading about the killing of a Down’s Syndrome patient who was expected to make a full recovery. But the medical staff couldn’t be arsed so they killed her anyway. Without wanting to go all Godwin this is straight out of the Nazi Germany playbook. I’m astonished it’s not more of a scandal than it is.

Universal healthcare is a good thing but that is a different question as to whether the NHS is worthwhile.

This scandal and previous ones are unrelated to targets and outsourcing and are the result of individual actors and a giant organisation focused on covering its arse and protecting the staff ahead of the patients.

To be honest, having lived in the US, I'm absolutely convinced the NHS is worthwhile. But it needs to get back to basics. And that doesn't include killing off old people because they are inconvenient for the bureaucrats wanting to clear their beds. It does have to do with targets. Not to exclude the odd rogue doctor, they clearly do exist. But the idea of old people being regarded as 'bed blockers' and all that follows is behind some of the tolerance of such renegades. Otherwise the whistleblowers would have been listened to much earlier.

On Gosport reading about the killing of a Down’s Syndrome patient who was expected to make a full recovery. But the medical staff couldn’t be arsed so they killed her anyway. Without wanting to go all Godwin this is straight out of the Nazi Germany playbook. I’m astonished it’s not more of a scandal than it is.
What's that all about? .. have you got a link ?

The NHS are looking after my Mum tonight, her heart surgery didn't go as smoothly as planned, her heart has swelled, they can't close her up tonight because of that. I'm praying at the moment, I'm not gunning for them. We're lucky to have them at all.

Best wishes to your mum for a speedy recovery. Take care Swifty (and Mrs Swifty)!

What's that all about? .. have you got a link ?

Information on this and some of the other killings here. Unusually for the Times not behind a paywall:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...s-and-its-the-death-syringe-for-you-xlfflw65t

Isn't this all getting a bit into partisan political territory?

Not at all given that the slaughter continued through both Tory and Labour administrations. The NHS is a sacred cow for both major parties. It’s become the UK version of gun control - impossible to have a rational discussion on it no matter how many times it can be shown to be not fit for purpose.

To be honest, having lived in the US, I'm absolutely convinced the NHS is worthwhile. But it needs to get back to basics. And that doesn't include killing off old people because they are inconvenient for the bureaucrats wanting to clear their beds. It does have to do with targets. Not to exclude the odd rogue doctor, they clearly do exist. But the idea of old people being regarded as 'bed blockers' and all that follows is behind some of the tolerance of such renegades. Otherwise the whistleblowers would have been listened to much earlier.

The “if we didn’t have the NHS we’d be like the US” argument is a big part of the problem - it’s not not a binary choice between the two systems, both of which are dysfunctional in their own ways. Pretty much every other developed country in the world has found a way to deliver universal healthcare free or very cheaply at the point of delivery.

I do agree with you about the dismissive treatment of elderly people. Whistleblowers are routinely silenced in the NHS and because it’s essentially a monopsony employer it’s even harder to raise concerns than in most workplaces.

During one of my previous stays, I was taken to A&E. A doctor was sent to me who put a needle into me and actually revolved it inside my arm until my left hand was completely covered in blood .. he chuckled then told a nurse to 'clean me up' .. she threw some wet wipes into a cardboard bowl I'd been given and just said "you can do that" so I had to get off the stretcher and wash my hand in a sink. He (the doctor) came back in mumbling something about forgetting another jab, he went into my right arm this time, the needle popped out of my skin and then back in again and that's how he took my blood. You have to be on your guard about getting paranoid under these circumstances but I'd still swear to this day he did all of it on purpose so I was assaulted with him enjoying impunity .. I told a nurse on the ward they sent me to and she was shocked, I asked her what would happen if I reported him and she said "very little .. they'll probably just put up a poster warning everyone to be more careful". It turns my stomach that he's almost certainly still there, choosing how he feels about each patient and potentially still abusing them, I saw him later on that week walking past me in the west wing and he recognised me but lowered his eyes. I sort of wish I'd punched him in the face now although that obviously would have been a very bad idea. The weirdo deserved it though.

Thanks all for the well wishes towards my Mum X

Could be a serial killer involved.

Twenty-seven gay men were likely to have lost their lives to homophobic killers during a violent period of Sydney’s history, a New South Wales police review has found.

The force has vowed never to let the dark period of history repeat itself, and is understood to be considering issuing a formal apology for its handling of the cases.

On Wednesday, police released the findings of Strike Force Parrabell, whose goal was to “do all that is possible” to heal the rift that grew between police and the LGBTIQ community in those decades. A team of police investigators and independent academics from Flinders University looked at whether attackers had shown evidence of gay-hate motivation.
They reached different conclusions in some cases but agreed eight deaths were the result of gay hate.

All eight have been solved – the killers were charged and convicted.

A further 19 men are suspected to have died in similarly brutal attacks, while 25 other deaths could not be ruled out as hate crimes.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...cid=newsltushpmgnews__TheMorningEmail__062718

German authorities launched a probe into a string of deaths at a metal fittings company after an employee was caught trying to poison a co-worker's lunch. Police found quicksilver, lead and cadmium in the man's home.

The man was arrested for the incident in the town of Schloß Holte-Stukenbrock, northwest Germany. However, police now suspect he may be responsible for up to 21 deaths of people working for the same company.

On Wednesday, authorities announced they would be expanding their investigation to include the deaths of 21 more employees who have died since 2000. Two other employees are in a coma and another man is on dialysis. Many of the deceased died of cancer or heart attacks, which could be caused by heavy metal poisoning, according to the Germany's public broadcaster WDR.

https://www.dw.com/en/german-man-su...co-workers-by-poisoning-their-food/a-44427747

(Talk about a toxic workplace...)

German authorities launched a probe into a string of deaths at a metal fittings company after an employee was caught trying to poison a co-worker's lunch. Police found quicksilver, lead and cadmium in the man's home.

The man was arrested for the incident in the town of Schloß Holte-Stukenbrock, northwest Germany. However, police now suspect he may be responsible for up to 21 deaths of people working for the same company.

On Wednesday, authorities announced they would be expanding their investigation to include the deaths of 21 more employees who have died since 2000. Two other employees are in a coma and another man is on dialysis. Many of the deceased died of cancer or heart attacks, which could be caused by heavy metal poisoning, according to the Germany's public broadcaster WDR.

https://www.dw.com/en/german-man-su...co-workers-by-poisoning-their-food/a-44427747

(Talk about a toxic workplace...)

In plenty of canteens there's no need to add poison.

She has only been arrested, not even charged yet. Let's not be too hasty here. Reports at the hospital have already criticised systems and management failures.

True, but a year long police investigation into eight dead babies and several more with mysterious collapses points to rather more than “systems and management failures”. One wonders how many more of these people are working in UK hospitals.

True, but a year long police investigation into eight dead babies and several more with mysterious collapses points to rather more than “systems and management failures”. One wonders how many more of these people are working in UK hospitals.

But you said: "Another nhs serial killer". The person hasn't even been charged yet.

But you said: "Another nhs serial killer". The person hasn't even been charged yet.

It certainly sounds although a serial killer has been stalking the maternity wards of this hospital. Whether it is the unnamed individual currently under arrest remains to be seen.

It certainly sounds although a serial killer has been stalking the maternity wards of this hospital. Whether it is the unnamed individual currently under arrest remains to be seen.

The person is entitled to due process. I remember you (rightly) being outraged when a landlord was demonised by the media and literally accused of murdering a tenant.

The person is entitled to due process. I remember you (rightly) being outraged when a landlord was demonised by the media and literally accused of murdering a tenant.

Because the landlord had his name and photograph all over the media. Not the case here.

I would have had no issue with someone on that occasion referring to there being a murderer on the loose. Because there clearly was. Similarly, in this case the suspicious deaths of multiple newborns points to a serial killer on the ward.

Back