• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Almasty Thread

Off to Tajikistan to hunt the almasty or dev or gul as it is locally known. Still leaning towards an early offshoot of Homo erectus or Homo habilis. We know the latter had a line outside of Africa now.
Very best of luck Lord Mongrove! We're all rooting for you :cheer:

Back again, i'll be writing a full report soon. Very bad dysentery, worst i've had anywhere.
Many reports of hominids or 'gul' as they are known locally, including several attacks on people. All the witnesses begin descriptions with the strangeness of the creature's thumbs, set back further on the hand than a human thumb. An odd feature but it was recorded in the barmanu of the Hundu Kush as well.
Also reports of the supposedly extinct Caspian tiger including one from a park ranger.

Last edited:
Good to have you back. The thumb things sounds intriguing.

Also it took me long to get from Clapham Junction to Exeter than it did to get from Tajikistan to Stansted.
Train delays and dysentery don't sound like a good mix. And there I was thinking this cryptozoology sounds glamorous :)

Looking forward to hearing more about your discoveries over there.

Back again, i'll be writing a full report soon. Very bad dysentery, worst i've had anywhere.
Many reports of hominids or 'gul' as they are known locally, including several attacks on people. All the witnesses begin descriptions with the strangeness of the creature's thumbs, set back further on the hand than a human thumb. An odd feature but it was recorded in the barmanu of the Hundu Kush as well.
Also reports of the supposedly extinct Caspian tiger including one from a park ranger.
Hope you give us a full report, once you can spend 5 minutes away from the toliet.

Hope you recover from the dysentery soon, lordmongrove.

I understand the Chicago Bulls are super interested in getting a few Yeti in their lineup. They haven't had much luck signing the local wildman talent. With size and reach like that, they will be natural ballers, if only they weren't such introverts. Green card will not be a problem, they can be brought in on Einstein visas.

Lordmongrove, make sure you stay well hydrated buddy. Lucky that bathrooms have faucets huh?
8TxrjRGpc.jpg

Someone got killed at Clapham and so there were delays that became cancellations that became no trains to the south west and having to go via Reading and Basingstoke.

How are you feeling today?

Two Abkhazian primary sources on the Zana case (in Russian) I found on the internets:

http://docplayer.ru/61559917-Pyat-s...hurnal-tvorchestvo-bez-izlishnego-pafosa.html

http://docplayer.ru/storage/69/61559917/1532907764/V-RJr90RNnGqJd4Qo3p3KA/61559917.pdf

In translation:

https://z5h64q92x9.net/proxy_u/ru-e...hurnal-tvorchestvo-bez-izlishnego-pafosa.html

ZANA "SNOW WOMAN"

IN the 19th century on the territory of Abkhazia, local residents are often faced with the representatives hominoidea subspecies, that is, "snow man".In different parts of the planet it is called differently: snowman, Bigfoot, bigbug that's a Sasquatch, Nepali, Ocho-Kochi, etc Abkhazians called abnoy. In search of food these humanoid beings penetrated into the territory of people and stealing cattle. In self-defense Abkhazians had to take up arms. Sometimes it happens that I managed to catch a "Bigfoot". Here is one instance. Much waving long arms, a wild woman, like a giant monkey, cautiously wandered through the dark forest Zadonskom. Her sensitive hearing and sense of smell helped to avoid dangerous places, but today all was quiet.Having thawed, she looked up at the full moon. Apparently, this penetrating gaze connecting with the guru thread, through which the cosmic energy. When red eyes huge women lit up brighter, she raised her hairy arms and howled. The howl was so strong that it rumbled the earth, startled the forest foliage and echoed of the mountain: And y-y-y! As dawn approached. Down to the river gorge Adsubia, wild woman found on the shore of the red subject of men's underwear. It is, of course, did not know to whom they belong and what they do, but the smell is strongly attracted.That was the whole point of the bait. While savage tried to put on a strange discovery through the head, jumped out of hiding, the hunters threw at her network. Humanoid animal fiercely resisted and tried to escape, but, with the help of truncheons, managed to communicate. On his feet wore a wooden deck, his mouth gagged with felt.

Put her in a deep hole, fenced with a high palisade of sharpened logs. To see the wonder ran up the village. Harmful boys prodding at snarling a savage with sticks and threw clods of earth. The prisoner studied the attentive glance of Prince D. M. Achba, the ruler of Abkhazia. The growth of females is higher than two meters, the coat is gray-brown, bloodshot eyes, inside-out lips. Terrifying appearance made the Prince a strong impression. Though the beast was similar to a huge Primate, but something human in him to guess.And these high hips and saggy Breasts are generally caused men immodest desire. Standing beside his assistant, H. Celaque expressed his admiration: Finally, dear Prince, we managed to catch this elusive savage. Yes, hunting is such a good giant APE and will move mountains. - If properly tamed, it ten will work. - All right, but first let people get used to it. Catches on them just like a beast. In a sign that she is my slave, put on the cheek of the brand and make holes in the earlobes.- It shall be done, master, ' replied the courteous, Chaloka Long lived a wild woman in the estate of Prince D. M. Achba, but to get used to people and are unable adult it's hard to change their habits. Her life will be fed, and there is no sense, - the Prince expressed his dissatisfaction with his assistant, Celaque. How to throw people, and continues in the same spirit. Not happy that took this very heavy burden. Now where to put it? To kill, or what? - Not - worried compassionate assistant. Dear Prince, if you don't need it, give it to me. I'll use it.- Take, - indifferently waved to the owner. Will be less hassle. - And it is possible that she is still a bit in the same hole lived? - How much do you need to let so many lives Soon to visit Prince Achba came a nobleman, Edgy Geneva. When the host boasted an unprecedented novelty, stunned guest into a rage. - Wai - me! he was surprised. What a great monkey! What is this Hanuman? - Like a kind of Primate called "Bigfoot". Started explanatory speech "savvy" on this subject Achba. In our case it is a female, so it can be called a "snow woman".- Listen, dear, sell me this miracle of nature! Asked Geneva. How much you want for it give! - A wild thing caught for free, and I'll to sell? Protested the owner. What then we will be friends? I gave her Chelokea. Go ask him.

I don't need it. - What do you I asked her? Asked that Achba. - Felt sorry. We've caught her - Admitted Chelokea. Besides, I knew that our guests have the dear Edgy, which, excuse my immodesty, loves exotic women. - Thank you for the gift - glad Geneva. But I'm still not in debt will remain and you won't regret it. You know me. What's her name? - At once has called, and then gave up on the case, said Achba. - So - Edgy shook his head.All Pets have a name, and that savage is almost human. So, she's black and black in our "busy". Resolved: we will call her Zana. Hard bound wild woman edge Genba was taken to his village of Tahini, situated on the river Moqui eighty kilometers from Sukhumi. For several years, she because of his violent temper lived in a pen made of vertical logs. Food lowered her on the rope because she was acting like a ravenous beast. Zana dug in the earthen floor of the pit and there was winter in Abkhazia warm. She eventually tamed, and she was transferred to a wicker hut - pachu.Initially kept on a leash and then released she was not gone from the place where he got the food. Ate Zana hands all in a row, which gave. Serving to devices treated with disgust. In a warm room to live could not have dug himself a hole under a shed and slept there. Curious villagers often came and teased her with sticks: - Abanow! Abenaou! Gnashing his teeth with rage, Zan snatched them and threw their abusers. She always went naked. If something wore it all torn to shreds. Only with time got used to the loincloth.On the body Have been black-brown hair length with the width of the palm, but on the head, the black mane down to his shoulders. The hair on the broad, bony face grew from his eyebrows. Forward of the lower part like a snout. Flat nose with upturned nostrils. Zan easily swam across the turbulent river Moqui. In winter and in summer bathed in the cold spring, which still bears her name. Furious Zana would anyone want to bite, but faithfully, like a dog, obeyed only the Edgy Genabe. One he was able to calm her down.She learned to shoot the owner of the boots, twirl hand-millstone, to wear like a feather, platypodinae sacks of grain to the mill. Relaxed from the wine libations, Edgy, often spent with his humanoid slave literacy: Is the head - his explanation he dubbed a sensitive touch. Repeat: Ahy (Abkhazia).

MORE

And:

http://war-in-abkhazia.ru/tales.html

In translation:

https://z5h64q92x9.net/proxy_u/ru-en.en/war-in-abkhazia.ru/tales.html

Zana from Tehina

Abkhaz a century old... the Entire twentieth century, a brilliant blood-red scales that ran before their eyes like a pleasure ship. They were already old when the hand of the madman pointed to the Winter Palace, they were still alive when the tanks of the emergency Committee fought helplessly at the closed door of a bygone era. From the dark corners of their sockets, buried in a lush bloom of arcs, lightning rushed past days. If you ask these mumbled, toothless mouths speak, utter, pronounce, taunt, reward, branded, curse, whip, compose, stretching the truth. They've seen too much — these hundred years, the Abkhaz elderly.They were free, for the rein tight in the Kremlin, weakened to the East of Abkhazia, and clawed the Soviet government was powerless carapella ancient customs, not daring to ask for more. They were free, because the monument to Lenin did not rise above the middle of cypress. The Soviet authorities, sweating, dragging a new baggage of life in the mountains, but the mountains looked upon these attempts indifferently, arrogantly, when the Soviet authorities broke down. There, in the mountains, she broke down a lot faster than tanks of the emergency Committee ran into the closed doors of a bygone era.

Ask them to share, and greed, plain old greed up conversations will make themselves know. They'll tell you something that can never be. They will remember the nineteenth century as if it were yesterday. They'll spin you silly, and you'll eat those calories tales like cake after a scant meal of enlightened skepticism. Among other things they told the story of Zane from the Tahini.

It was a long time ago. So long ago that the oldest of the living, caught her, died when Leonid Brezhnev. Prince Achba went hunting. That you put on rubber boots, go out sometimes in a dull, damp forest, and the gloomy shadows lurking in the thicket, consoling themselves with the simple means of warming. When Achba went hunting, in the neighborhood rang the barking of hounds, and the advanced cavalry were trailing the army of workers, raising the dust of the road for miles.

Here you are, pathetic little people of our time, hungry budget the mercy of the electoral foe, work, probably, there are different bureaus and anxiously glancing at the figures for economic growth? Fat Prince Achba never looked. He was a ruler of Abkhazia, and in these virgin woods, knew neither grimaces progress, nor fickle fortune exchanges, well-being sparkled with centuries-old permanence.

Guns scoured the sky of falcons and hawks. They drove on in search of tours and bears. Fat Prince Achba scoured along with all in a dense environment of true Circassian: l do not know him, that were carried out in the native lands? But he was not looking out for the bear and not the tour, it was cold and the birds. It was rumored that seen here, wild man, and not man, even as bipedal creatures.

Less than an hour like a dark, agile figure of the unknown fiends of nature flashed in front of the astonished faces and disappeared in the thicket. Then thought again. Guns and traps was powerless against her, and then the most experienced hunters came up with the trick. The pants... the Usual smell of sweat, feces and blood production pants were left on the edge, and the savage attracting stench pristine air poisoned.

Caught finally caught up to the Prince failed. Looking at her overgrown body, stupid red eyes, incoherent murmurs, the Prince frowned and said, "What is this filthy animal, a fiend who dared to cover their disgrace the Christian world?"

On the same slope, which later broke down and rolled head over heels down to the foot of his pride, the Soviet authorities, was caught by a savage, or man, or beast. There, higher in the relict forests, where it is not reached the foot of the hunter, impenetrable thicket holds the secrets of nature. As long as the elements tore open the firmament, in these forests buried prehistoric individuals, and in the obscurity of the age of your endless whiled away.

Caught a wild woman and in the villages spent. Shuddered then tamed nature from a terrible kind of half-mad red eyes, shaggy mill, the sea surface in the excitement came... hundreds of startled eyes looked to the wild Caprice of nature, as long as the wind ruffled hair on her black body, and fear stood in the eyes of these. Zana called it.

But fickle was the Prince of Achma. To part with his "bride" he soon decided. Passed it from hand to hand, like a macabre trophy, and each of the new owners were in a hurry to get rid of it.

She was in the end the Prince Genabe. He brought her to his deaf village Thine, where she passed away. But before die she know that under the dirty, ragged shell of a half animal, half man beating a woman's heart.

Prince Genabe was a man, but in these remote places does not reach donnaperna claw progress, easy to Wake up animal instincts. Took her Prince, and was born after an ugly, ugly child of the light. The very nature winced at the creations of their hands. Recessed savage illegal child in the icy water...

Still got the runs 12 days after coming back. Makes you think twice about going back to Tajikistan. Never had it this bad in any other country.
Sorry to hear that. I'd get that investigated, if I were you.

Yes and sent a sample off last week. All he said was don't use imoduim except in emergencies.
Yeah, keep hydtrated and don't use imodium if you can avoid it, not until you know what's up there, better to let it flush through if you can. A mate of mine had a screaming case once which he picked up out in the desert. It was weeks.

Yeah, keep hydtrated and don't use imodium if you can avoid it, not until you know what's up there, better to let it flush through if you can. A mate of mine had a screaming case once which he picked up out in the desert. It was weeks.
I've been off imodium for some days and now it seems to be abaiting. I've always drank allot of water.

Footage out of Russia doing the rounds showing a 'Bigfoot' type creature chasing after a car. Too blurry (surprise, surprise) to really see what's happening, but interesting all the same.

Footage showing a car being pursued by an unknown creature has been doing the rounds on social media.
The video, which was reportedly recorded back in 2016, first appeared online back in the summer but seems to have managed to evade the attention of the media until now.

The footage, which can be viewed further down the page, is somewhat difficult to make out due to the shakiness and poor resolution but shows what appears to be a humanoid creature attempting to catch up to a vehicle that is struggling to escape from the scene.

It was reportedly filmed by three girls and a man who can be heard talking and shouting during the footage, seemingly quite terrified by what was pursuing them.

In a recent report for Russian media site GRTK.TV, Igor Burtsev of the Moscow office of the International Center for Homology seemed to be quite convinced by the video.
https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/332765/bigfoot-chases-car-video-emerges-in-russia

Footage out of Russia doing the rounds showing a 'Bigfoot' type creature chasing after a car. Too blurry (surprise, surprise) to really see what's happening, but interesting all the same.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/332765/bigfoot-chases-car-video-emerges-in-russia
If they want to convince us with such tales the first thing I want to see is the unedited footage. After that by all means illustrate points by various means but first shown us the unaltered, unedited footage. And that’s not here.

In this day and age it's hard to assess any footage as truly credible. Nonetheless, I've seen this pop up on numerous websites and social media so thought it worth sharing.

In this day and age it's hard to assess any footage as truly credible. Nonetheless, I've seen this pop up on numerous websites and social media so thought it worth sharing.
Totally agree and thanks for posting it. But from the point of view of those promoting this video they’re not helping themselves.

Yay, potatocam quality! Figure looks possibly human-sized. Could be someone in a gorilla costume or ghillie suit.

Yay, potatocam quality! Figure looks possibly human-sized. Could be someone in a gorilla costume or ghillie suit.
That's my immediate response, as well: it looks like a bloke in fancy dress trying to lope through vegetation. If it is some kind of hominid other than Homo sapiens, it is a notably ungainly one. There's a moment in the clip where the boy filming the figure says "He's fallen over", as though it's some kind of comedy cat clip.

Listening to the conversation between the protagonists in the car, I actually wonder whether it's a hoax that the two males are in on, but the woman isn't: she sounds genuinely scared. The other two are fairly calmly discussing things such as whether the boy has got any zoom function on his phone camera, although to be fair there is one point at which the boy says "The main thing is, keep driving." It could be a cultural thing about men not admitting fear, though.

Back