• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
hee hee ... more of Adam The Woo living the dream from the 14th of July ..

The Blob (1958) Filming Locations & Special Event Colonial Theatre Run Out ! :wii:

Just watched a horror classic from 1972 titled 'Tales from the Crypt' starring Peter Cushing, Joan Collins and Ian Henry.

Well worth the watch if you like classic storytelling rather than effects en masse.
I love the old Amicus portmanteau movies – Tales from the Crypt, Dr Terror's House of Horrors, Asylum and more – always worth watching to see some interesting actors before they were famous, and some quite dark plots at times. They're rarely less than entertaining and their format means the clunkier tales rarely outstay their welcome.

One of my closest school friends, Phil Nutman who sadly died five years ago aged 50, was one of the acknowledged experts on Amicus, and was working on the definitive history of Amicus at the time of his death. There's an audio recording of him interviewing Amicus's Milton Subotsky on the recent Blu-Ray Amicus collection. I can remember bunking off school with him in the sixth form to see a double bill of The Toolbox Murders and Zombie Flesh Eaters (Phil had dreadful taste in films!!!) at our local fleapit. These may have proved scary but the films were censored to pieces!

Gawd, The Toolbox Murders is just yeuch.
But with all the murders cut out it's just meh! It's not really my type of film, I don't mind a bit of gore in the manner of The Thing and used to be able to cope with the likes of Taxi Driver and Apocalypse now (showing my age here!) where the violence is in a wider context rather than for its own sake, but have never seen the likes of Saw (or wanted to), or any in that genre. And I think the older I've got, the more squeamish I've become.

But with all the murders cut out it's just meh! It's not really my type of film, I don't mind a bit of gore in the manner of The Thing and used to be able to cope with the likes of Taxi Driver and Apocalypse now (showing my age here!) where the violence is in a wider context rather than for its own sake, but have never seen the likes of Saw (or wanted to), or any in that genre. And I think the older I've got, the more squeamish I've become.

It's not so much the gore I found hard to take in The Toolbox Murders, more the child abuse. I know they were acting, but it's not something I find at all entertaining, even in a scary way.

It's not so much the gore I found hard to take in The Toolbox Murders, more the child abuse. I know they were acting, but it's not something I find at all entertaining, even in a scary way.
It is nearly 40 years since I saw it, and from your description I think I'd probably dislike it now for the same reasons you do.

Also from IMDB:

"In a 1960 lecture that was included in her collection "Come Along With Me", published in 1968, Jackson described the voluminous and vociferous reaction that the "New Yorker" magazine received after publishing her sinister short story "The Lottery" in 1948. She said that one of the most common questions she received from readers, especially early on (before the story had gotten its many dramatizations and re-publications) was, "Where these lotteries were held, and whether they could go there and watch"."

A remake of the original 'CHILD'S PLAY' is in the works .. personally I've never understood the fear factor of cinematic horror dolls like Chucky, in real life you'd easily just drop kick one across the room into a wall every time .. either way, Liv Tyler might be playing Andy's mother in this one and Brad Dourif won't be providing Chucky's voice ..

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/80536

I saw The Thing last night in the IFI, great on the big screen, the dog deserved an Oscar. Had a nice Budvar afterwards.
I've never watched The Thing (original or 80's version) on the big screen but I'd love to .. the webmaster Todd over at www.outpost31.com used to host 'Thingfest' events yearly with guest cast member speakers as well as a collectables and screen used props display plus a big screen viewing.

Last edited:
A remake of the original 'CHILD'S PLAY' is in the works .. personally I've never understood the fear factor of cinematic horror dolls like Chucky, in real life you'd easily just drop kick one across the room into a wall every time .. either way, Liv Tyler might be playing Andy's mother in this one and Brad Dourif won't be providing Chucky's voice ..

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/80536

Brad's sticking with the official version, which has spun off into a TV series (they hope, anyway).

Brad's sticking with the official version, which has spun off into a TV series (they hope, anyway).
I re watched the original film last night and it was better made than I'd remembered to be honest GNC although still not scary to me .. the lighting, camera work and editing holds up well, I think a TV series would be interesting, especially if Brad's involved.

I re watched the original film last night and it was better made than I'd remembered to be honest GNC although still not scary to me .. the lighting, camera work and editing holds up well, I think a TV series would be interesting, especially if Brad's involved.

Bride of Chucky's the best one, it's really funny. They realised it was a silly concept and ran with it.

Bride of Chucky's the best one, it's really funny. They realised it was a silly concept and ran with it.
Yup .. the one when Chucky had pulled Courtney Cox ;) ..

I remember the second one only from a memory of seeing Andy as some sort of army cadet, a bit like in The Omen 2 when Damian ends up the same way .. I don't think I ever got around to watching part 3, mostly because I didn't care to watch it and it also didn't help that the film was sort of banned/blamed by the media at the time for being a cause of Jamie Bulger's death/murder by those little shits (I read Chucky dies on a train track ?) because it turned out John Venables (or however the slime's name is spelt) Dad had rented Child's Play 3 on VHS. I might give it a watch tomorrow.

I haven't watched a horror film in a while..it seems they are all derivative of one another.
Any good ones that are unique in some way?

An interview with Michael Berryman .. I'm 2 minutes into this and he's already dropped "Dogtown .. we invented skate boarding" :cool: .. not only has he been born with with defects he claims are part of radiation poisoning caused by his Dad's line of work, not only was he in The Hills Have Eyes and Weird Science, he's also (sort of) in The Evil Dead :bdown:

Reactions: Jim
I thought he'd died. Glad to see he's OK.

I haven't watched a horror film in a while..it seems they are all derivative of one another.

Try: A Quiet Place, The Cured, Wildling, Hereditary.

My reviews are on the last few pages.

I think it's hard to find one like that. I really enjoyed Ghost Stories though - definitely worth a punt.

Yup .. the one when Chucky had pulled Courtney Cox ;) ..

I remember the second one only from a memory of seeing Andy as some sort of army cadet, a bit like in The Omen 2 when Damian ends up the same way .. I don't think I ever got around to watching part 3, mostly because I didn't care to watch it and it also didn't help that the film was sort of banned/blamed by the media at the time for being a cause of Jamie Bulger's death/murder by those little shits (I read Chucky dies on a train track ?) because it turned out John Venables (or however the slime's name is spelt) Dad had rented Child's Play 3 on VHS. I might give it a watch tomorrow.

All tabloid scaremongering bullshit, I'm afraid, the young killers never saw the film, Chucky doesn't die on a train track, and the film had nothing to do with the murder. But they needed a scapegoat so...

Anyway, you have seen Child's Play 3: that's the army cadet one. Child's Play 2 is the one with Jenny Agutter and the Chucky factory ending. I saw it in the cinema and the audience were going nuts (!).

All tabloid scaremongering bullshit, I'm afraid, the young killers never saw the film, Chucky doesn't die on a train track, and the film had nothing to do with the murder. But they needed a scapegoat so...

Anyway, you have seen Child's Play 3: that's the army cadet one. Child's Play 2 is the one with Jenny Agutter and the Chucky factory ending. I saw it in the cinema and the audience were going nuts (!).
Jenny Agutter eh ? .. I might have to give that a re watch then :reyes:

What happened to the PSYCHO house ?

( I was about 12 watching a bit of PSYCHO 2 being filmed, not at the house itself obviously. We were all, unbelievably now I look back on it, allowed to step outside the Universal Studios tram to watch just one shot with Anthony Hopkins and whoever was playing the sheriff although we were ordered to keep quiet)

Back