• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Toilet Talk

I love how the woman in the background goes charging around trying to avoid the spray.

A German court has ruled that men are not culpable for damages if they stand to urinate into a toilet ..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30937492

Further enlightenment from that case:

But the Duesseldorf judge ruled that the man's method was within cultural norms, saying "urinating standing up is still common practice".

There is some debate in Germany about whether men should sit or stand to pee.

Some toilets have red traffic-style signs forbidding the standing position - but those who choose to sit are often referred to as a "Sitzpinkler", implying it is not masculine behaviour.

Which leads me to ask: How many guys pee sitting down these days? Has that shifted over the last few decades? Have I become a cultural dinosaur by standing? Where does one go for answers on this burning question?

Last edited:
Further enlightenment from that case:

Which leads me to ask: How man guys pee sitting down these days? Has that shifted over the last few decades? Have I become a cultural dinosaur by standing? Where does one go for answers on this burning question?
There has been a bit of pressure from some women to ask men to sit while having a pee over at least the last couple of decades .. I haven't exactly been keeping notes but this isn't a new request. I think the only times we men standing while having a slash annoys other people (including other men) is when you get someone who decides to stand about a foot away from the bowl .. I had to have a go at my old flatmate for that once when the Mrs walked into our flat's bathroom one morning in her socks and stepped in a puddle of his wee .. stand OVER the bowl to do that and I will fight for your right to stand and pee !

Yup, there are several reasons why women might ask men to pee sitting down. An important one is that careless men piss all over the place, including the toilet seat, and it's usually women who have to clean it up.

I don't think I've ever sat down to have a pee .. maybe when I was a toddler on a potty ? .. surely all a bloke has to do is stand over a toilet bowl instead of some distance away from it .. I remember a mini poster that read "If you sprinkle when you tinkle please be sweet and wipe the seat".

A real scientist (probably) explains why men shouldn't sit down to wee .. and it makes a lot of sense ..

https://www.thenakedscientists.com/articles/features/sit-or-not-sit

Given their solution is to piss in the sink, I'm not sure it makes any sense, and they don't have any medical reason not to sit down to urinate either. Anyway, when you sit down for a poo, you do a bit of wee as well. It would be a lot different if it happened the other way around, and every time you stood up for a wee... er, I'll leave it there.

Wonderful toilets in the National Library of Ireland.

Dg8B5cRX0AAoE_2.jpg

Rather smart. Interesting floor tile pattern...looks like a repair.

That's what happens when you call your airline "Wizz"...

Female passenger wees on the floor of a Wizz Air flight from Britain to Poland because the toilet was engaged
The woman is seen relieving herself on the flight from London Luton to Warsaw while complaining that she was not allowed to use the toilet during take off.

According to reports, the plane was fuelling up and passengers were temporarily forbidden from using the loo.

In the shocking footage, the young woman is seen squatting against a wall while chatting with a friend on the phone.

By her feet are several paper towels and a large pool of urine.

Warning: Link contains images of woman relieving herself.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/68429...ain-to-poland-because-the-toilet-was-engaged/

A natural fireman.

A man put out a fire on the world's longest pleasure pier by urinating on it.

Thomas Watson noticed a small fire on the deserted Southend Pier and took matters into his own hands by relieving himself over the flames.

The council thanked him for his "quick-thinking tinkling" but said it was confident its own sprinkler system would have worked, as The Sun reported.

Essex Fire Service confirmed it was called but no action was required.

Mr Watson, 22, from Houghton Regis in Bedfordshire, was visiting the 1.3 mile (2.1km) pier with his partner and daughter on Friday at about 19:30 BST, when he noticed smoke and small flames on the wooden planks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-45018213

A natural fireman.

Thomas Watson noticed a small fire on the deserted Southend Pier and took matters into his own hands by relieving himself over the flames.

The council thanked him for his "quick-thinking tinkling" but said it was confident its own sprinkler system would have worked, as The Sun reported.

Mr Watson, 22, from Houghton Regis in Bedfordshire, was visiting the 1.3 mile (2.1km) pier with his partner and daughter on Friday at about 19:30 BST, when he noticed smoke and small flames on the wooden planks.

It was on the pee-er.

A natural fireman.

Good Man. He remembered everything I taught him ..

Didn't the Ted Danson one have that? Or am I imagining things?
I am sure the Ted Danson one has a peeing scene. He puts the castle out when it goes on fire. The Queen is less than pleased when she looks up, all dripping wet to thank him and he is putting himself away!

Here we go, from imdb.

Adm. Bolgolam: [the Emperor, his sons, General Limtoc and Admiral Bolgolam, Clustril and other s are in the Lilliputian campaign room, discussing Gulliver's 'inventive' way of extinguishing a fire] This is an outrage! He made water in the royal grounds! It's a treasonable offence!

Emperor of Lilliput: But he saved the Empress' life!

Gen. Limtoc: At what cost? Our stepmother may never go out in public again, convinced that she's the laughing stock of Lilliput!

Emperor of Lilliput: But she's not that...

[to Clustril]

Emperor of Lilliput: Is she?

[Clustril sniggers]

I can go to bed now that I have seen to this important matter. :cool2:

Back