• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Miscellaneous Ghost Photos & Videos

Interesting, but can you make a close up of the area the arrow points to?
I'll be doing that this afternoon .. my phone's a bit crap but I'll be going down with my flashy camera as well to disprove this because I'm expecting to find some bits jutting out which has created an illusion of a body shape. On a side note and by coincidence, I ended up looking after his Gran about 5 years later through community care work, I only realised because she had a picture of 'Griff' on her kitchen wall and she told me about him not knowing I used to know him.

I'll be doing that this afternoon .. my phone's a bit crap but I'll be going down with my flashy camera as well to disprove this because I'm expecting to find some bits jutting out which has created an illusion of a body shape. On a side note and by coincidence, I ended up looking after his Gran about 5 years later through community care work, I only realised because she had a picture of 'Griff' on her kitchen wall and she told me about him not knowing I used to know him.
I went back, my phone didn't take good enough quality pictures, my vid camera did but it's tricky for me to upload to youtube, we can't explain the thing that looks like a person standing there after taking loads of multi angle pics and vids, sorry I can't provide proof ..

If you look at the photo closely, I think what you have here is a classic case of pareidolia. What looks like a man is actually just pieces of the support structure extending beyond the right most column. Look at the horizontal and diagonal beams and they line up perfectly with the "head" and "torso".

If you look at the photo closely, I think what you have here is a classic case of pareidolia. What looks like a man is actually just pieces of the support structure extending beyond the right most column. Look at the horizontal and diagonal beams and they line up perfectly with the "head" and "torso".
Yeah, that's what I thought at first because of the lining up thing. I went down there and photographed and filmed the area from different angles but wasn't able to replicate the effect. My next theory is that the lighting had something to do with the effect and so created the pareidolia illusion that way because there isn't anything extra jutting out in that area although I'll need to upload the taken from head height footage to demonstrate that. It's just as likely to be one of the crab fishing nets that's got snagged in that area although I didn't see one there when I was taking the pictures (and I was looking out for one or anything like that) .. it could equally be a net being lowered into the water or being raised from it .. if you look at the picture again, you'll spot loads of yellow strings going into the water and maybe (if I squint) one going directly down to the area the 'head' shape is .. of course, the strings also proove that the water was deep enough not only behind but also in front of the area of the shape/pareidolia which proves the water was deep enough for nets to be lowered there at the time. Cheers.

Some crabbing from the same spot although the camera doesn't show the struts ..

Last edited:

This.

That would be the most likely of explanations (pier overhang) except I've been down and filmed with one device and photographed and filmed with another close up plus the Mrs had been back down with me to also try and recreate that elusive angle and neither of have managed to .. yet.

That would be the most likely of explanations (pier overhang) except I've been down and filmed with one device and photographed and filmed with another close up plus the Mrs had been back down with me to also try and recreate that elusive angle and neither of have managed to .. yet.

I've casually done some image searches and reviewed a number of photos showing the pier from a similar or even near-identical angle, and I've not yet been able to re-create the anomalous bit.

I'm convinced it's just something mundane extending outward from the pier's under-structure, but it doesn't seem to be anything visible in the structure as seen in other photos.

My guess is that it was something transient - e.g., debris or maybe one end of a rowboat sitting in amongst the pier's pillars.

I also noted the water level around the structure exhibited variation (from tides, no doubt), but I couldn't convince myself the anomaly shape had to be something positioned low enough to be submerged in all the other photos I reviewed.

I've casually done some image searches and reviewed a number of photos showing the pier from a similar or even near-identical angle, and I've not yet been able to re-create the anomalous bit.

I'm convinced it's just something mundane extending outward from the pier's under-structure, but it doesn't seem to be anything visible in the structure as seen in other photos.

My guess is that it was something transient - e.g., debris or maybe one end of a rowboat sitting in amongst the pier's pillars.

I also noted the water level around the structure exhibited variation (from tides, no doubt), but I couldn't convince myself the anomaly shape had to be something positioned low enough to be submerged in all the other photos I reviewed.
Thanks for taking the time to search, there is a large cube block that juts out of the bottom of the structure in the distance that I have to also eliminate from enquiries (to do the job properly)although if you saw it, you would see it's completely at the wrong height for the angle to confuse it with the small blob at head height in the above picture .. nonetheless, that block is there in the distance and perhaps the lighting could have caused an illusion ?.. I'm going there now, the Mrs has said "Sod it! .. let's go back!" .. so back in a bit :) ..

edit: just got back and we're satisfied it's an illusion created by the low down block in the distance only visible at low tide that appears higher (exactly at the spot in the above picture in fact) when taken from a higher angle .. we're sure we've taken a pic tonight from the same spot the above picture was taken, the only difference to the above picture is that our picture's 'blob' shape taken tonight has obvious square angles. I think a combination of the waves and the lighting did the rest in the above picture to create the illusion of a more rounded head shape. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. :litg:

Sorry for not uploading this evening's evidence pics tonight, I'm up and down on these pain killers so taking it easy instead.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to search, there is a large cube block that juts out of the bottom of the structure in the distance that I have to also eliminate from enquiries (to do the job properly)although if you saw it, you would see it's completely at the wrong height for the angle to confuse it with the small blob at head height in the above picture .. nonetheless, that block is there in the distance and perhaps the lighting could have caused an illusion ?.. I'm going there now, the Mrs has said "Sod it! .. let's go back!" .. so back in a bit :) ..

edit: just got back and we're satisfied it's an illusion created by the low down block in the distance only visible at low tide that appears higher (exactly at the spot in the above picture in fact) when taken from a higher angle .. we're sure we've taken a pic tonight from the same spot the above picture was taken, the only difference to the above picture is that our picture's 'blob' shape taken tonight has obvious square angles. I think a combination of the waves and the lighting did the rest in the above picture to create the illusion of a more rounded head shape. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. :litg:

Sorry for not uploading this evening's evidence pics tonight, I'm up and down on these pain killers so taking it easy instead.
Nevertheless an interesting photo and a classic example of how mundane physical objects sometimes take on a mysterious appearance when photographed.

Nevertheless an interesting photo and a classic example of how mundane physical objects sometimes take on a mysterious appearance when photographed.
Cheers Pete, I'm a bit under the weather at the moment but when I can get round to it, I'll post the closest captures I got to the other guy's picture (probably within my last post) so you and others can compare the differences .. it was good fun experimenting with all the different angles and theories and more satisfying than disappointing to have solved it, I like most people online, am used to seeing other people's captures and regretting that I couldn't go to the location myself to experiment so it was nice to be so close and be able to do exactly that with this one .. it was a combination of low tide revealing the culprit object, viewing it from exactly the right angle and a freak wave that rounded the block to make a more convincing looking human head shape so everyone here's theory was partially correct.

Cheers Pete, I'm a bit under the weather at the moment but when I can get round to it, I'll post the closest captures I got to the other guy's picture (probably within my last post) so you and others can compare the differences .. it was good fun experimenting with all the different angles and theories and more satisfying than disappointing to have solved it, I like most people online, am used to seeing other people's captures and regretting that I couldn't go to the location myself to experiment so it was nice to be so close and be able to do exactly that with this one .. it was a combination of low tide revealing the culprit object, viewing it from exactly the right angle and a freak wave that rounded the block to make a more convincing looking human head shape so everyone here's theory was partially correct.
Hope you recover soon. We can't do without of our daily dose of Swifty.

Hooray for taking a methodical approach!

Feel better soon, Swifty.

Take it easy, get well first.
Cheers Coal, I've got a few weird projects on pause at the moment, hopefully I'll have a window of time before I get back to work mate :salute:

Looks like a reflection within the lens. Maybe a drop of water on the lens?
Otherwise, looks nothing like a knight.

Looks like a reflection within the lens. Maybe a drop of water on the lens?
Otherwise, looks nothing like a knight.
Someone went as far as to say it was a knight on a horse! .. I can sort of see a shoulder/arm bouncing movement and suggested moving legs in it.

It looked like a line to me, Swifty, until I read your message above. A knight on a horse definitely makes more sense to me, movement wise!

It looked like a line to me, Swifty, until I read your message above. A knight on a horse definitely makes more sense to me, movement wise!
I sometimes hope I never take a great photograph of a real ghost .. absolutely nobody will believe it and I'll be left knowing it was a genuine paranormal experience yet surrounded by sceptics. That must be frustrating but it's better we have sceptics than not. I was quite impressed with this castle video.

I sometimes hope I never take a great photograph of a real ghost .. absolutely nobody will believe it and I'll be left knowing it was a genuine paranormal experience yet surrounded by sceptics. That must be frustrating but it's better we have sceptics than not. I was quite impressed with this castle video.

I am already sceptical about your hypothetical future ghost photo.

From the Paranormal Soup forum ..

About this photo...
Josh writes, This happened back on October 2016. My two friends and I were going to explore abandoned houses in the area and we ended up finding this one in Black Forest, Colorado. We went in and took a picture and explored the rooms. We didn’t see anything in the room when this photo was taken. And no one else was there when we entered the house. But I did feel uncomfortable in that specific room. After leaving the house I noticed this figure in the picture. I had a photo editing app on my phone at the time, so I enhanced it and it displays this ghostly figure so much better! We went back sometime later and took more photos. Nothing unusual showed up on camera during that second trip.

Jim's comments:
The four photos below are arranged in this order:
Photo 1. The original as was received by me (Jim).
Photo 2. Brightened to better view the ghost figure.
Photo 3. Enhanced & enlarged by Josh with a photo editing app.
Photo 4. A photo they took on the second trip to compare.

aghost01.jpg

aghost02.jpg

aghost03.jpg

aghost04.jpg

I'm not sure if we've already seen this '15 of' ghost video ..

Back