• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
So.....back to the topic. What's happened to this story? it's all gone quiet. Too quiet. Wasn't Stu possibly going to do a feature on it? Maybe he can give us an update. Otherwise Colin could continue posting here. I'm sure we'd all like to hear more..

Am likewise waiting with baited breath for an update on this one!

So.....back to the topic. What's happened to this story? it's all gone quiet. Too quiet. Wasn't Stu possibly going to do a feature on it? Maybe he can give us an update. Otherwise Colin could continue posting here. I'm sure we'd all like to hear more..
Yes, I was and still am. Had to take a break over Xmas due to life and so on but have now caught up. Just getting my last lot of questions for Colin in order then i can get writing.

Yes, I was and still am. Had to take a break over Xmas due to life and so on but have now caught up. Just getting my last lot of questions for Colin in order then i can get writing.

So are you doing a feature in a forthcoming issue of the magazine? Please let us know when this is happening if so. Maybe you can encourage Colin to check in here in case enquiring minds have any questions after it's published..

It's been very quiet on this thread lately. Does anyone have any more news on the proposed Fortean Times article or anything else of interest?

I thought it was beyond dispute that they were made out of concrete by a previous owner of the house?

I thought it was beyond dispute that they were made out of concrete by a previous owner of the house?
There's no proof of that either way. There's plenty in the previous pages of this thread which will give you the background to why some believe this to be the case and others don't.

There's no proof of that either way. There's plenty in the previous pages of this thread which will give you the background to why some believe this to be the case and others don't.
Ta, looked it up also.

Never heard from anyone regarding the heads lately Anny interest ?

Colin, if you look back at this thread you can see there's a lot of interest. It's rumbled on for years & you made contact almost exactly a year ago but we're no further forward. No fault of your own. We're all interested but it's taking an age. Your sister posted here in 2002 I think it was! There's lots of speculation/rumour/legend/misinformation in the previous posts but it doesn't get any better than hearing the story from the horses mouth so to speak.

So...to get things moving, I propose you post your account here. You could do it in stages if there's a lot to it. We'd love to hear it..

The London FortSoc are hosting a talk on the Hexham Heads on Wednesday, 14 November 2018.

Summer 1971, in the small north-eastern market town of Hexham in England. Two young boys are digging about in the garden when they discover a pair of strange heads, formed of an unknown substance.

After bringing the heads into their home, a series of peculiar events ensues: The heads seem to move themselves around the room and strange creatures are witnessed stalking the homes of anybody that houses the bizarre artefacts.

Despite a number of prominent academics having attempted to identify their provenance, none could provide a definitive answer. Were they, as some believed, of a pagan, Celtic origin; ancient idols worshipped by an obsessive Cult of the Head? Or were they merely remnants of crudely made dolls, gifted to a young daughter by her doting father?

Join Richard MacLean Smith, creator of the ‘world’s spookiest podcast ’Unexplained' as he takes you on an atmospheric journey through this extraordinary tale. And dare to ask the question, does it matter if something is real or not, if we believe it enough to be so? Richard’s book ‘Unexplained’ will be available on the night.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-hexham-heads-registration-50277707978

Colin, if you look back at this thread you can see there's a lot of interest. It's rumbled on for years & you made contact almost exactly a year ago but we're no further forward. No fault of your own. We're all interested but it's taking an age. Your sister posted here in 2002 I think it was! There's lots of speculation/rumour/legend/misinformation in the previous posts but it doesn't get any better than hearing the story from the horses mouth so to speak.

So...to get things moving, I propose you post your account here. You could do it in stages if there's a lot to it. We'd love to hear it..
It is - genuinely - in hand. I'm just finishing the final draft, which I'll then share with Colin for any last minute changes or clarifications before submission to the mag.

This is great. We now have a representative from each side of the Hexham Heads mystery on this board, plus a further Fortean Times article to hopefully come at some point this year. It looks like 2019 is shaping up to be a great year for adding more details to the story. :)

Welcome aboard Dan. Please keep us posted re any developments.

This is great! If it works for cold cases in the crime sense it can work here.

Of course, there are scenarios where the age and origin of the heads is irrelevant...

I've just got round to reading this month's FT and noticed that there's a small mention of the Hexham Heads in the article about the last wolf in England (p. 52). Sadly the author refers to the Robson family as the Robinsons on two occasions, but other than that it's a decent, if very brief, summary. Hopefully this might mean that the promised article with Colin Robson is coming soon to keep the ball rolling.

They were in the left hand corner of the small rectangular shaped back garden dan. I would be willing to meet up with you and your father or speak on phone with you if you would like

Last edited:
They were in the left hand corner of the small rectangular shaped back garden dan. I would be willing to meet up with you and your father or speak on phone with you if you would like
That’s great me and my dad were just trying to piece some things together and yes of course I’m sure we can arrange something at some point
Thanks Dan

Back