• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What's The Most Outrageous Conspiracy Theory You Have Heard?

I thought it was to stand outside the local shop looking hard with blue star tattoos on your neck and a 14 year old girlfriend? ..
You got them over there, too?

Haven't they heard of 'restoration'?

A photo from the 19th century.

stonehenge in 1800s..jpg

An Austin Maxi ... how hideous they were

My mum had one of those - horrible thing. It was the first car I'd seen that had a fifth gear - that was the only good thing about it.

I wonder what their house was like. Did they have paintings of Elvis on the walls? They could have had one of those "Nighthawks" copies with their likenesses inserted. That would be cool.
Sorry to reply so late AP (and what a day to reply!). I would imagine it would be a standard 50s/60s trailer, with a classic 50s motorbike and pick-up truck outside.
I don't think they would've had any pictures of Elvis on the walls, as they would've left that life behind, but I would've imagined that they were sad when Elvis died.

An Austin Maxi ... how hideous they were
I once got up to naughtiness in an Austin Maxi (her family's other cars were a Fiat 500 so that was out of the question and a Ford Granada; don't know why the Maxi was chosen). The woman I was going out with was, er, adventurous, which meant naughtiness in a graveyard – fine, but cold and then we were spooked by a fox or badger nearby! – a churchyard near a busy road, a train...

Happy days. I was much younger then and much better behaved now. Ah well...

The Sandy Hook hoax guy is interviewed at 14'25" on this episode of the BBC's The Why Factor

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03kpvjf

It now looks as if the NRA or at least one f their officials was involved in spreading the hoax story.

An official with the National Rifle Association corresponded with a prominent Sandy Hook conspiracy theorist to call into question the school shooting in Parkland, Florida, emails obtained by HuffPost show.

NRA officer Mark Richardson emailed Wolfgang Halbig, a noted harasser of parents of Sandy Hook Elementary School victims, to float a conspiracy theory about the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, where 17 people were killed last year.

“Just like [Sandy Hook], there is so much more to this story,” Richardson said in an email dated Feb. 15, 2018 ― just one day after the Florida shooting. Twenty children and six adults were killed during the 2012 Sandy Hook shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. “[The Parkland shooter] was not alone.” The email was sent from his official NRA email address.

Richardson is a training instructor and program coordinator with the NRA. He has worked there since 2006, according to a social media post. In an emailed statement to HuffPost, he confirmed he had been in contact with Halbig and said he was asking a “legitimate question.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/excl...cid=newsltushpmgnews__TheMorningEmail__032819

It now looks as if the NRA or at least one f their officials was involved in spreading the hoax story.

An official with the National Rifle Association corresponded with a prominent Sandy Hook conspiracy theorist to call into question the school shooting in Parkland, Florida, emails obtained by HuffPost show.

NRA officer Mark Richardson emailed Wolfgang Halbig, a noted harasser of parents of Sandy Hook Elementary School victims, to float a conspiracy theory about the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, where 17 people were killed last year.

“Just like [Sandy Hook], there is so much more to this story,” Richardson said in an email dated Feb. 15, 2018 ― just one day after the Florida shooting. Twenty children and six adults were killed during the 2012 Sandy Hook shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. “[The Parkland shooter] was not alone.” The email was sent from his official NRA email address.

Richardson is a training instructor and program coordinator with the NRA. He has worked there since 2006, according to a social media post. In an emailed statement to HuffPost, he confirmed he had been in contact with Halbig and said he was asking a “legitimate question.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/excl...cid=newsltushpmgnews__TheMorningEmail__032819
This is the thread for outrageous conspiracy theories, the thread for utterly predictable theories is down the hall, to the right.

A UFO, flown by Amelia Earhart sucked it up and delivered it there

Plane didn't go that way - it flew right, off the map and appeared on the left hand side near Hawaii.

That idea would give most theorists a stroke trying to work out the complexities of such a thing. Pearl Harbour wasn't the Philadelphia Experiment you know!

Good thread on this on Reddit

My grandfather knew I was interested in astronomy and, at one point, got me a book about that conspiracy theory. The Earth was hollow, second sun in the middle. You could get to the inside at the poles. Big conspiracy to deny the truth. The whole shebang.

But my contribution to this thread is the conspiracy theory espoused by a different book advertised in that book. The theory that women do not menstruate.

That we bombed Hiroshima to destroy the Alien base underneath it.

Formula 1 cars (amongst many other engine powered vehicles including airliners) don't have engines and are powered entirely by releasing air out of pressurised tanks.

There are a few videos on YouTube by people who appear to genuinely believe this. Not knowing how engines work is understandable, but thinking that it would even be possible to convince everybody of such a massive, easily disproven and pointless lie is insane.

Back