• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Forum Functions & Functionality: Technical Problems & Known Issues

And I'm back. Slightly late on parade, due to having not one but two parties over the weekend with a two hour commute in between. Profound thanks to everyone involved in the rescue job.

THANK YOU!
:domo::dpoo::cynic::boozing::badge::twothumbs::nelly::ddance::oldm::beer::beer::beer::beer::thrash::pcheers::pthumbsup:

Right: everybody log out, clear all cookies and website data and then log back in again, please (check your password first!).

We've tried something and we need to get reports as to whether it has solved our 'ghosting' issue.
Looking good so far.

Now I'm back home and have rudely snatched the iPad away from my lady, I can confirm that I don't get the same Oops error with IOS/Safari. It's only my Android phone which requires me to clear the cache after every post.

No, the change is at our end. Clear cache and cookies a final time on your phone and it should now work correctly.

New Posts not updating? I can't seem my two posts on the New Posts section. EVP & Sallie House.

New Posts not updating? I can't seem my two posts on the New Posts section. EVP & Sallie House.

Have you logged out, flushed cache & cookies (see above)?

Edit: Your posts are present, so you probably haven't.

Little late to the new board ....(out with the family on Sunday; now at the office)......but thanks to all those who made the transfer possible.
A fantastic job.

:)

Superb work all who did this thing! Sorry I wasn't able to help; not very teccy, but really glad you knew what you were all doing. Promise to post more and honestly, I am really grateful and sooo happy all is up and running. Thank you loads. xxx

Joking aside, if anybody is monitoring the Facebook Fortean group (or whatever it's called), could they alert anybody there having log-in difficulties to the contact link at the bottom of the page here.
Gordon and I are both on the Fortean Times Appreciation group so you can flag either of us on there too.

No, the change is at our end. Clear cache and cookies a final time on your phone and it should now work correctly.

Ok. Seems to be running like a dream now. Many congrats to all involved!

Just gone back on the Android and all seems to be working well.
Great job guys!

How was it done so quickly ?

Reverse engineered Alien technology.

Prove it wasn't.

INT21

To everyone who helped make this rebirth possible, thank you.
*Back to lurking now, methinks*

No email notifications sneaked into the spam folder yet either. Most impressive.

Smooth transition - nice. Just adding another thank you, I don't post much but I do lurk and would have missed FTMB a fair bit.

Reverse engineered Alien technology.

Prove it wasn't.

INT21

An exclusive picture of the technology behind the move
latest

Reverse engineered Alien technology. ...

As Stu, Yith, and I have repeatedly told the press and authorities:

No aliens were reverse engineered in the course of the forum's apport.
This rumor originated with the photograph below, which someone obtained from the onboard image cache in one of the Troll's Head's discarded server-bots and then circulated on (anti-) social media.

AlienAutopsy-Not.jpg

Some of the old server-bots littering the pub's basement were used as lamp stands to provide us three staffers enough light to conduct a decidedly non-scientific ritual in the hopes of saving the forum.

In the absence of a venture capitalist's corpse, we had to sacrifice one of the last remaining 'authentic' Fiji Mermaids stored in the Troll's Head vaults.

The ritual was designed to fog the minds of the Powers that Would Be so as to allow us to make off with the forum before they could destroy it as planned or - even worse - get any bright ideas about monetizing it. It certainly fogged ours when the superfluous anaesthetic gas cylinder began leaking.

Anyway ...

It was an extremely weird exercise, the intended effects were obtained by mysterious means, and these two factors have always been sufficient to qualify an incident as Fortean.

*sniffs air, lashes tail*

I agree with Ringo about the new car smell.

It appears we've transported safely through the wormhole. Well done and thank you!! :nelly:

Ongoing minor technical issues:

(1) Occasionally clicking Like or clicking the Alerts tab will show a warning:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.
Yes, refreshing the page helps for that instance of the error but the the problem keeps on reoccurring.

(2) The number of alerts shown on the Alerts tab is often out of date (i.e. it shows a number of alerts that is out of date). Clicking the Alerts tab corrects the number of alerts but the problem keeps on reoccurring.

(3) As noted by others, new messages in threads often do not appear until I refresh the page. However, this keeps on reoccurring, over more than 24 hours now. The same new messages do not appear until I refresh.

(4) I just tried to post this message and got the "Oops! We ran into some problems" error (as in item 1 above). Refreshing the page and trying again posted the message successfully. (Happily the message text in the compose box was kept intact so I didn't have to retype it).

They sound like they are all related, don't they.

Shit. I didn't realise those server-bots had eye cams, I though those bits were an ashtray sorry.

Ongoing minor technical issues:

(1) Occasionally clicking Like or clicking the Alerts tab will show a warning:

Yes, refreshing the page helps for that instance of the error but the the problem keeps on reoccurring.

(2) The number of alerts shown on the Alerts tab is often out of date (i.e. it shows a number of alerts that is out of date). Clicking the Alerts tab corrects the number of alerts but the problem keeps on reoccurring.

(3) As noted by others, new messages in threads often do not appear until I refresh the page. However, this keeps on reoccurring, over more than 24 hours now. The same new messages do not appear until I refresh.

(4) I just tried to post this message and got the "Oops! We ran into some problems" error (as in item 1 above). Refreshing the page and trying again posted the message successfully. (Happily the message text in the compose box was kept intact so I didn't have to retype it).

They sound like they are all related, don't they.

I hate to be tedious, but log out, delete any cookies with the words Forean and xenforo, clear the cache 'privacy' and restart the browser completely (restart you device if unsure). Log in again and see.

I hate to be tedious, but log out, delete any cookies with the words Forean and xenforo, clear the cache 'privacy' and restart the browser completely (restart you device if unsure). Log in again and see.

Thank, yup. Will report back.

Ulalume checking in. The place looks nice. Many thanks to all who saved it. :)

Back