• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Nominative Determinism

Perhaps a bit of a stretch but I liked this bird-related fireman involved in a parrot rescue story.

LFB watch manager Chris Swallow said Mr Horoz had told Jessie "I love you" after being advised it was the only way to "bond" with the parrot.

"While Jessie responded 'I love you' back, we then discovered that she had a bit of a foul mouth and kept swearing, much to our amusement," Mr Swallow said.

This surgeon is very well-connected, I hear...

A professor of surgery says students have spent so much time in front of screens and so little time using their hands that they have lost the dexterity for stitching or sewing up patients.

Roger Kneebone, professor of surgical education at Imperial College, London, says young people have so little experience of craft skills that they struggle with anything practical.

"It is important and an increasingly urgent issue," says Prof Kneebone, who warns medical students might have high academic grades but cannot cut or sew.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-46019429

Another enjoyable thread :)

Wish I could remember the name of my mum's teacher from school, cookery teacher I think, with a nominative determinism name, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. Summat northern like Clapworthy but it really fitted well with her job.

I'll remember it some day and post it on here. Promise.

Trying to form a link between Clapworthy and cookery teaching. Even between Clapworthy and the North.

Nope. have to pass.

INT21.

Terrible , and the girl's parents (not "Abcde" herself, although she might as well get ready for a lifetime of pisstaking) deserve all the mockery they get for such a stupid, pathetic, attention-grabbing, idiotic, nonsensical and downright cruel name to give a child.

:yeahthat: :agree:

Ermintruder: That is correct. A name likely to lead to mockery will not be allowed.

Terrible , and the girl's parents (not "Abcde" herself, although she might as well get ready for a lifetime of pisstaking) deserve all the mockery they get for such a stupid, pathetic, attention-grabbing, idiotic, nonsensical and downright cruel name to give a child.

Might as well have called the tot "Cantbearsed".

..Similar thing in France, I believe. ..

Many of the men, it appears, have womens names anyway; so they are half way there.

Also, how would you pronounce Abcde ?

INT21.

that's not a very secure password
If you enter it downside-up, it maintains security by confusing the hackers ǝpɔq∀

In other news, I presume this isn't a piss-take:
a99652_nominative_7-urologist.jpg

Quite fond of lower league football but, yep, I've seen better, AB.

Back