• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Worst Movie EVER?

Sharknado 6 has it all .. flying sharks, time travel, a T Rex, a trans warrior, cowboys, laser weapons, a robot shark .. I'm in.

Last edited:
Sharknado 6 has it all .. flying sharks, time travel, a T Rex, a trans warrior, cowboys, laser weapons, a robot shark .. I'm in.

I saw Sharknado 5 the other day. That was soooo bad.

Yoga Hosers was pure crap. It pains me to slag off a Kevin Smith film because I'm a huge fan of his, I've even got a Kevin Smith inaction figure I bought 'back in the day' that's been my work lucky mascot in a few different places .. but Yoga Hosers is dreadful. I don't know who it was aimed at, it stars Smith's daughter and Johnny Depp's daughter as a pair of modern teenage girls so it's all mobile phones, saying oh my God at anything at all and then there's a cameo by Johnny Depp in heavy make up and some Candian Nazis and some bad CGI weird goblins in a convenience store .. and 'Jeepers Creepers' Justin Long plays a Yoga instructor for no reason at all .. I wanted to like it but I can't help feeling Smith was in a deal with some studio where he had to make X amount of films so he shat this one out to cheer up his daughter (Harley Quinn), have a laugh with his mate Johnny Depp so he could cast his daughter, give the middle finger to a studio and .. and .. ? .. don't even watch it out of morbid curiosity, I know he hasn't since .. the only good thing about it was the headmistress character, she was fantastic.

My worst movie is a Chinese horror movie called Darkness Bride. A horror movie that promises much and delivers nothing. You would think desecrating the grave of a virgin girl for the purpose of reburying her with an unmarried man had all the hallmarks of something about to go badly wrong. But no. It is a horror movie without horror. In fact, nothing happens, except the people involved in the grave robbing get in trouble with the law separately and for unrelated reasons later in the movie. There is a woman with the same name as the girl in the grave who makes a brief appearance later in the movie. I want my 3 hours back!

The avocado of cinema.

Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums are great movies. Yes he's lost his way recently almost a pastiche of his earlier self but his first 3 movies are brilliant. After Tenebaums it went down hill although Fantastic Mr Fox was pretty good.

It;s funny how familiarity breeds contempt.

Kevin Smith how many decent movies did he make after Mallrats?

Last edited:
Dogma
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Clerks II

I enjoyed them. They're not 'all-time greats', but still good fun anyway.

I liked Dogma - great Cast and last outing for Bud Cort as comatose John Doe Jersey, who dies and turns into Alanis Morrisette. My nephews and niece were a bit bemused by the F word tirade by Jay, but that was so cartoonish it became funny. Oh and the Catholic Church hated it.
The only film where I wanted the wasted hour of my life back was GoodFellas - I only watched it because everyone was/still is raving about it - nah !

Dogma
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Clerks II
Smith's Cop Out was quite good as well. You should listen to the hilarious director's commentary for Jersey Girl, I'm surprised MIRAMAX being owned by Disney allowed it to get onto the DVD

Highlights include Jason Mewes talking about the time he was on the run from the police, his masturbation techniques in prison, his heroin habit and how much he fancies Liv Tyler and much more .. I can't imagine anyone at MIRAMAX actually listened to it first ..

I liked Dogma - great Cast and last outing for Bud Cort as comatose John Doe Jersey, who dies and turns into Alanis Morrisette. My nephews and niece were a bit bemused by the F word tirade by Jay, but that was so cartoonish it became funny. Oh and the Catholic Church hated it.
The only film where I wanted the wasted hour of my life back was GoodFellas - I only watched it because everyone was/still is raving about it - nah !
When Dogma came out in the states, quite a few Christians were protesting outside cinemas with signs and placards. Kevin Smith happened to be in one of those cinemas and decided to join one of the protests to shout down his own film just for a laugh as none of them knew what he looked like :)..

When Dogma came out in the states, quite a few Christians were protesting outside cinemas with signs and placards. Kevin Smith happened to be in one of those cinemas and decided to join one of the protests to shout down his own film just for a laugh as none of them knew what he looked like :)..

How can Catholics protest against a film based around Plenary Indulgences when that is a Catholic dogma - or was it the portrayal of God as a woman that upset them (and the violence and swearing and Ben Affleck) ?

How can Catholics protest against a film based around Plenary Indulgences when that is a Catholic dogma - or was it the portrayal of God as a woman that upset them (and the violence and swearing and Ben Affleck) ?
I think they just blindly went after it without seeing it, a bit like when the same thing happened to The Life Of Brian ..

Jason Mewes is streaming a live game online in some hotel room in Chicago at the moment btw if you're bored ..

https://www.facebook.com/jaymewes/

Last edited:
I actually had respect for Mary Whitehouse, she saw something she didn't like and got off her arse and tried to do something about it. Agree with her or not (most didn't), without people like Mary, the right to challenge and make changes quietly disappears. But saying that, I was not impressed that she got Bournemouth Council to ban Life of Brian UNSEEN for 35 years - 'cos that's a cracking film

I actually had respect for Mary Whitehouse, she saw something she didn't like and got off her arse and tried to do something about it. Agree with her or not (most didn't), without people like Mary, the right to challenge and make changes quietly disappears. But saying that, I was not impressed that she got Bournemouth Council to ban Life of Brian UNSEEN for 35 years - 'cos that's a cracking film
She tried the same crap with The Evil Dead .. and failed.

She tried the same crap with The Evil Dead .. and failed.

True - but Sam Raimi said that if he'd known so much grief would come over 14 seconds of film, he would have gladly cut it out.
All the other 'video nasties' I remember in the News - Driller Killer, Tool Box Murders, I Spit on Your Grave etc - have all been released and re-made and I don't think civilisation has been enriched much as a result. Hats off to Troma Films at Cannes though for their marvellously titled 'I spit on Your Gravy'.

True - but Sam Raimi said that if he'd known so much grief would come over 14 seconds of film, he would have gladly cut it out.
All the other 'video nasties' I remember in the News - Driller Killer, Tool Box Murders, I Spit on Your Grave etc - have all been released and re-made and I don't think civilisation has been enriched much as a result. Hats off to Troma Films at Cannes though for their marvellously titled 'I spit on Your Gravy'.
Yeah, he regretted the tree rape scene .. or more accurately, he was surprised people were so offended by it what with it being so ludicrous and all .. it was actually Rob Tapert that had that idea to film that as was the women in chains in Army Of Darkness and the woman in chains in A Simple Plan up that tree .. Tapert's clearly somewhere between being kinky and a perv ..

I gave my first lecture on The Evil Dead at a film school in '90 (I've been a fan since '84 and was part of both of the video nasty sweeps) , part of my research was to get in touch with the then and now ex chief of police who was surprisingly candid on the telephone about the video nasty campaign spearheaded by Whitehouse and the DPP .. it turns out a young Sam Raimi actually flew over to England to defend his film at Snaresbrook Crown Court and ended up falling asleep in a waiting room due to jet lag, he was woken up in the waiting room by a court usher .. the judge presiding over the blocks of three films at a time said "Mr Raimi, it's your film and not you that's on trial." so Sam flew back home. His film was ultimately judged as not obscene although the rumours persisted it was on the banned list so people were still wrongly getting nicked for owning or distributing it all the way up to '90 with Palace Pictures copies being confiscated.

Driller Killer wasn't even 'so bad it's good' I think you'll agree .. it was just shit. As I was told and as I remember, the film were being judged by their gratuitous titles alone so Ilsa She Wolf Of The SS and Nightmares In A Damaged Brain (still the best ever title for a horror film IMO) were never going to stand a chance .. here's a true story from my past, this was during the second wave '89 raids .. The MP and the T Chest of Nasties

http://www.bookofthedead.ws/website/features_readers_tales.html

Back