• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Miserable twats ..

You say that, but you wouldn't appreciate a Death Star hoving into view in the sky above, would you?

Seriously, though, if the council let anyone build anything anywhere, it would be the thin end of the wedge as far as planning permission went. Or didn't.

You say that, but you wouldn't appreciate a Death Star hoving into view in the sky above, would you?

Seriously, though, if the council let anyone build anything anywhere, it would be the thin end of the wedge as far as planning permission went. Or didn't.
I'm not listening la la la la la ..

You might listen if I build a 30 metre high Pennywise the Clown on your roof and say it was only a joke, though.
OK, as long as it doesn't block the light for my tomato plants next spring. On a side note, hasn't that house with the fibreglass shark sticking out of the roof just applied for some sort of preservation order?.

OK, as long as it doesn't block the light for my tomato plants next spring. On a side note, hasn't that house with the fibreglass shark sticking out of the roof just applied for some sort of preservation order?.

I think you might be right, the owner claimed it had brought joy to the community or something. I bet he has his Christmas fairy lights in his garden all year round too.

This is why strawberries aren't special anymore.

I love looking to see where the fruit and veg in my local supermarket has come from. It's all very exotic. I noticed blackberries from Guatemala yesterday.

Of course, to get back on topic, blackberries from Tatooine would be really exotic.

I suppose Luke turning into a miserable old prick made sense to anyone who's grown up to become less idealistic ... although he did turn up to save the day at the end of the film sort of. We all wanted to see Luke elevated to Yoda wisdom instead though. I had a friend's son flat out ask me to train him a few years back in a job I'd hired him for .. my response was pretty much "Never trust anyone including me, everyday's a different wave you'll be riding (I made that bit up because he was expecting something profound and his earnestness was getting on my nerves), asking people to 'train' you is bullshit because this isn't the movies, try to beat me at my own game every chance you get, still never trust anyone, never tell anyone what you earn, don't gossip, don't steal anything, don't fuck your waitress's and don't start turning up late for work" ..

He's turned out to be excellent, he's now married, floor manager at a busy Cromer restaurant and they have a beautiful baby daughter :badge: .. don't ask me to do it for you .. do it for yourself .. which was why when she did that humble handing over of Luke's sabre and he just shrugged and threw it away? .. piss off, I'm not your hero.

Hopefully he's being equally as much of a prick to his new staff.

Isn't it usual to have some degree of training in a new job?

Only in an ideal world in my experience .. I've only ever benefited from sporadic training and had to fill in the gaps myself: the NHS: 7 out of 10, Morrisons Supermarket: 3 out of 10, my current job: 8 out of 10 .. it depends how fast your work is moving and how committed the staff you join are. I think it's often best to be thrown in at the deep end for some people.

That's the socially accepted dogma but in the various jobs I've had working for other people, I don't think I've ever had any significant training. Mostly what training there was was stuff like "the toilet's over there", "this is the company handbook; no one's bothered to read it", and "here, teach yourself how to do this client's personal accounts, yes I know you're not an accountant, yes I am billing this out as if I was doing it".

If you see any leaders with unusual hair, it's because I operated on them, I still haven't perfected putting the scalp back on.
Trump was one of yours? Irreparable brain damage. Tsk!

That's the socially accepted dogma but in the various jobs I've had working for other people, I don't think I've ever had any significant training. Mostly what training there was was stuff like "the toilet's over there", "this is the company handbook; no one's bothered to read it", and "here, teach yourself how to do this client's personal accounts, yes I know you're not an accountant, yes I am billing this out as if I was doing it".
I haven't had any training for years. Being a self-didact, I've managed (so far).

If that's not a spoof (I dare not look at it in case I actually like it) then it will at least cure the "what's Star Wars?" problem that us olds are beginning to experience.

On the other hand, it's certainly going to be someone else's Star Wars.

Khalka noblewoman from Mongolia, 1908

w61z7jt1ii421.jpg

Back