• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

Thank you for the mentions and the PMs! Very much appreciated.

I hadn’t wandered off or gone away in a flounce or anything like that. But RL stuff caught up a bit, notably some major spinal surgery, and then the Board wouldn’t recognise my password. Yith helpfully sorted out the latter.

Now looking forward to the move to our new place...

Thanks again everyone

I hadn’t wandered off or gone away in a flounce or anything like that. But RL stuff caught up a bit, notably some major spinal surgery, and then the Board wouldn’t recognise my password. Yith helpfully sorted out the latter.

Thanks again everyone

I hope you've made a full recovery from the surgery.

Thanks again everyone
Nice to have you back, best wishes for a full recovery. :hoff:

Thanks again everyone

Very glad to see you back, Quake. :oldm:And I do hope your surgery went well and that you're recovering well.

Thanks again everyone

Arggh! I feel for you Quake - almost exactly the same thing happened to me this year, RL people to assist & stuff to do then another spinal surgery this September. I hope you're doing OK? And doing those exercises!

I had my 4th lumbar disc surgery with added Cauda Equina Syndrome & sudden (permanent) foot drop for variety this time. A real blow BUT the NHS did amazingly well and fixed me as well as they could, again. I hope you're recovering well? I'm here on PM if you want a chat/rant/blub :)

This randomly came into my youtube feed this morning, some may remember this chap as a sometime poster on this board, now deceased. Went by Frobush.

Remember him well.

We used to chat by PM from time to time when there weren't many of us online at crazy 'o clock.

He used to sign off as Jof/Joff and--as the video shows--he was a big fish in the titchy pond of early British computer games.

R.I.P.

Edit: Alas, my PMs only go back as far as 2009.

Last edited:
This randomly came into my youtube feed this morning, some may remember this chap as a sometime poster on this board, now deceased. Went by Frobush.

I think about this guy sometimes, something rather sad happened to him I think. I subscribed to his YouTube channel (which I think is still there). It's full of him doing weird random stuff that he obviously found amusing like pouring cornflakes all over the place or filming himself heating up a ready meal. More disturbing one of him smashing up a Spectrum game bug fix he'd written once. I think there were serious mental health issues, and died of something, who knows what. Considered to be a bit of a genius in programming circles.

There's no doubt Frobush had some serious problems - for a start, he was banned from here for a campaign of harassment against a female poster. It was a pity, he could be a lovely guy, and he was obviously highly intelligent, but for some people their demons are never overcome (not real demons, Ed and Lorraine).

There's no doubt Frobush had some serious problems - for a start, he was banned from here for a campaign of harassment against a female poster. It was a pity, he could be a lovely guy, and he was obviously highly intelligent, but for some people their demons are never overcome (not real demons, Ed and Lorraine).

I didn't know that and might have thought twice about posting it if I had, though reading between the lines it doesn't entirely surprise me. I used to have brief friendly pm conversations with him which I tended to stop when he'd come out with stuff about being in the local newspapers again. :O

This thread on World of Spectrum[.url] seems to be the closest we'll get to knowing what happened, it's mentioned at one point he had an infection in his testicles and a hole in his bladder :O not sure if that was secondary to something else.

The story about the bug fix apparently was that it was done after he was no longer on the project and it buggered up his graphics which then flickered like hell... that video looked daft to me rather than that disturbing.

We exchanged a few PMs (after he got me confused with someone else!), and we seemed to share a slightly surreal sense of humour.

But yes, I think he had his troubles, as folks have suggested. I didn't know him well enough to guess at what his issues were, though, so I'll settle for remembering him for our daft banter over anything else.

Back