• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
While this is a film, it's very "art" as well - Ruben Brandt, Collector!

Had to share this when I saw it. Found it on a Facebook page today called Outsider Artists, description was: ''The late ‘Jeff Kerr’ - ‘Huemans your time is running out’ - Oil on Board - 64cm x 58cm''.

19961228_1965172620366686_6292087213355441703_n.jpg

^ Superb...thank you so much.

My brother just sent me this -

upload_2018-9-15_18-55-7.jpeg

David Huggins works in a bakery in New Jersey. He also believes he has had interactions with aliens all his life. Interactions which include fathering a human/alien hybrid son. His work is quite beautiful I think. There was a recent documentary about him called "Love and Saucers". I found it very moving and powerful.

upload_2018-9-15_18-58-28.jpeg

upload_2018-9-15_18-58-53.jpeg

Last edited:
^ Superb...thank you so much.

My brother just sent me this -

View attachment 11699

Ohh yeah we were talking about this on another thread a few months back. I bought the David Huggins documentary film, Love & Saucers on DVD, fairly short but interesting story.

Haven't read the book yet but it's on my amazon wish list somewhere with all the other thousand or so books and films!

Ohh yeah we were talking about this on another thread a few months back. I bought the David Huggins documentary film, Love & Saucers on DVD, fairly short but interesting story.

Haven't read the book yet but it's on my amazon wish list somewhere with all the other thousand or so books and films!

Great stuff mate. Figured the documentary might have been discussed on here already.

The book is basically a collection of his sketches and paintings mate. With some short commentary from interviews with him after each one. Very cool and I'm very grateful for it as a gift.

I avoid cross-posting in multiple threads, but this one seems reasonably justified ...

index.php

This recent (actual; not PhotoShopped) photo from the facility illustrates a new art installation on the old Philadelphia Naval Yard grounds.

It's notably Fortean because ...

The Philadelphia Naval Yard was the setting for the alleged 'Philadelphia Experiment' 75 years ago this month.

https://www.apnews.com/9fd7786c9cea...le-sea-monster-takes-over-a-rusting-warehouse

Additional photos of this installation can be accessed at:

https://laughingsquid.com/inflatable-tentacles-take-over-philadelphia-naval-yard/

Last edited:
If you like old music (Monteverdi etc.) then you'll find this absolutely authentic.
But is was composed by Elam Rotem who was born in 1984. Great! :)

Death is a lonely business: The miniature death scenes of Miyu Kojima

2ms4kut.jpg

Miyu Kojima is 26 years old and lives in Japan. She works for a company that cleans the rooms of houses and apartments where someone has died usually on their own, what the Japanese term kodokushi (孤独死) “lonely deaths.” Such deaths mainly occur among the older generation—bereaved wives or husbands whose partners have long preceded them in death and have continued living out their last years in a fractured, isolated world.
Kojima has been cleaning “death scenes” for four years. She became involved in the work after her father died. She cleans an average of 300 such locations every year. Kojima describes the work as hard, difficult, and often disturbing. She also claims the atmosphere in homes where someone has been murdered or has committed suicide as far more oppressive “(“the air is heavier”).

As part of the grieving process, photographs are taken of the room in which the deceased was found. These are sometimes used to help relatives (or friends) come to terms with the loss of their loved one. However, Kojima feels these images do not always provide the necessary closure. She therefore started making miniature replicas of the death scenes she worked on. Though not trained as an artist, Kojima taught herself the skills necessary to build and sculpt these miniature rooms. Each model takes four weeks to produce.

More pictures at the link.

https://dangerousminds.net/comments...ess_the_miniature_death_scenes_of_miyu_kojima

They're quite Jake and Dinos Chapman, except, you know, bigger.

Today I saw an illegal sticker in a museum toilet. It links to a Bulgarian artist who makes quaint, but interesting artworks.
I liked the "moon dolmen": http://nenobel.net/neno-sculpture-2004-black-5.htm

The idea of these sculptures arose in the process of my work as a member of the team restoring (cleaning and restoring) the murals of the church "The Assumption of Virgin Mary" in Varna, better known as "The Cathedral". My part in this project was that of an artist – since the painted layer was totally destroyed in a number of spots, it was inevitable to paint it anew. One of the stages of the restoration work was to clean the walls by absorbing the deposited soot using dough (the process is the same as if working with bread eraser). Yet at the first contact with the material, I realized that in fact the soot, that I was collecting, was the only material remnants of the prayers, which believers offered to God in the course of 50 years.

And this performance, see video: http://nenobel.net/neno-perf-2009-rhapsody-BG.htm

More than 30 different cases of pickaxes imbedded in luxurious cars have been recorded in Bulgaria since 2005. It is claimed this is a patent of the Bulgarian mafia along the Black Sea coast, constituting a message to the owner of the car meaning "We have unfinished business with you!". Others think some of the dozens of assaults were not made by the mafia but by ordinary people seeking justice that they did not find in court, but this cannot be proved.

Back